Where We Speak Less-than-Fondly of Former Coaches

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The magic number is 3 years. If Frost’s teams aren’t showing significant improvement by year 3, the odds are against it ever happening under Frost. 

Well year 3 is, in this case, completely irrelevant.  Frost is here for 5 years at the absolute minimum.  Otherwise we gotta pay him seemingly a hundred million dollars to buy out his contract.

12 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Well year 3 is, in this case, completely irrelevant.  Frost is here for 5 years at the absolute minimum.  Otherwise we gotta pay him seemingly a hundred million dollars to buy out his contract.

That’s not my point. We should have a good idea if Frost is going to be successful by year 3. The top coaches are able to make that impact by that time frame. 

2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

That’s not my point. We should have a good idea if Frost is going to be successful by year 3. The top coaches are able to make that impact by that time frame. 

Oh I understood your point.  :thumbs 

I was just pointing out that even if Frost somehow goes 0-12, 2-10, and 1-11 in his first three years he'll get another two years minimum.*

* Of course the caveat being unless the big money boosters decide to pull the plug and buy out his contract earlier than five years.

On 10/11/2018 at 10:11 PM, Undone said:

If you really think you're justified in criticizing the play calling in the Wisconsin game when we had 518 total yards of offense, then go for it. Honestly I've never heard someone do that before though. Bad play calling is usually invoked when a team can't move the ball.

Your argument is that the offensive line wouldn't have had as many penalties if we had swapped our pass ratio for our run ratio? Maybe. But there is seriously no way we rack up 518 yards of offense. The last team to crack 500 against Wisconsin? The team that won the national championship in 2015. 

We still wound up with 24 points on the board. Do you actually think we would have had more points on the board if we had called more run plays?

Yes I do, sure did today.   How do feel about the play calling late in the game today?  Asking for a friend

On 10/11/2018 at 10:11 PM, Undone said:

If you really think you're justified in criticizing the play calling in the Wisconsin game when we had 518 total yards of offense, then go for it. Honestly I've never heard someone do that before though. Bad play calling is usually invoked when a team can't move the ball.

Your argument is that the offensive line wouldn't have had as many penalties if we had swapped our pass ratio for our run ratio? Maybe. But there is seriously no way we rack up 518 yards of offense. The last team to crack 500 against Wisconsin? The team that won the national championship in 2015. 

We still wound up with 24 points on the board. Do you actually think we would have had more points on the board if we had called more run plays?

Yes I do, sure did today.   How do feel about the play calling late in the game today?  Asking for a friend

4 hours ago, KingBlank said:

Yes I do, sure did today.   How do feel about the play calling late in the game today?  Asking for a friend.

On our last offensive drive in regulation we called three straight inside zone run plays to Ozigbo.

You specifically complained last week that we didn't run the ball enough against Wisconsin.

So, up by 7, all we have to do is get a first down and the game is iced...and we manage three yards on three plays. What do you have to say about that play calling?

• Plus1 4
39 minutes ago, Undone said:

On our last offensive drive in regulation we called three straight inside zone run plays to Ozigbo.

You specifically complained last week that we didn't run the ball enough against Wisconsin.

So, up by 7, all we have to do is get a first down and the game is iced...and we manage three yards on three plays. What do you have to say about that play calling?

Thank you.  Idiotic posts need to be called out more.  Mods: note I'm not calling the poster an idiot, only the post.

On 10/13/2018 at 7:09 PM, Undone said:

I know comprehension seems to be difficult in my talking about running the ball.  I clearly stated at the beginning of the game we needed to run more to get the offensive line engaged and away from committing fouls.  Look how it worked in this game.  Again please rewatch the end of the game because I don't think Ozigbo ran it three straight times.  Before making statements that are trying to prove me wrong I would get the facts straight.

On 10/13/2018 at 7:52 PM, 4skers89 said:

Thank you.  Idiotic posts need to be called out more.  Mods: note I'm not calling the poster an idiot, only the post.

What's ironic about this, is they ran the ball the effectively thus getting the offensive line involved.  Guess what Nebraska was beating them all over on offense except the fumble play.  Idiotic when it was an effective strategy that worked.