Where We Speak Less-than-Fondly of Former Coaches

38 minutes ago, KingBlank said:

I know comprehension seems to be difficult in my talking about running the ball.  I clearly stated at the beginning of the game we needed to run more to get the offensive line engaged and away from committing fouls.  Look how it worked in this game.  Again please rewatch the end of the game because I don't think Ozigbo ran it three straight times.  Before making statements that are trying to prove me wrong I would get the facts straight. 

There's nothing hard about understanding the point you're trying to make. You're making it very clearly. It just doesn't follow any logical train of thought.

1 hour ago, KingBlank said:

I know comprehension seems to be difficult in my talking about running the ball.  I clearly stated at the beginning of the game we needed to run more to get the offensive line engaged and away from committing fouls.  Look how it worked in this game.  Again please rewatch the end of the game because I don't think Ozigbo ran it three straight times.  Before making statements that are trying to prove me wrong I would get the facts straight.

What's ironic about this, is they ran the ball the effectively thus getting the offensive line involved.  Guess what Nebraska was beating them all over on offense except the fumble play.  Idiotic when it was an effective strategy that worked.  

When this same complaint is leveled at Shawn Watson, Tim Beck,  Danny Langsdorf, and the great power option QB himself, Scott Frost, you may want to step back and admit you don't know what you're talking about.

What every successful football coach understands -- something a few Husker fans refuse to accept -- is that the running game works better when the passing game is a legitimate threat. If you insist that a team "sticks with what works" it's the mix of running and passing that have gotten you those 500 yards. Nebraska never abandoned the running game, but if you think Devine Ozigbo will get you 6 yards whenever you want, just because he's averaging 6 yards a carry, you need to do a little more homework. 

12 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

And that would be the "more creative running play" fans wanted Frost to call.

Yes, and currently YouTube does not have any full game videos for me to pull from or I'd create a moving GIF of the play, just to pass the time.

I can't remember if it was a jet sweep or just exactly how the play was lined up & executed. As a small aside from the (at this point almost entirely unnecessary) disagreement with KingBlank, if we get a first down on that series the game is over. I remember the same scenario being the case in Riley's debut against BYU; one first down seals the game.

However, I don't question the calls Scott went with on this final series in regulation. If he goes with something super cute and we fumble - like rolling Martinez out on a naked bootleg - our fans would have roasted him for that. They stacked the box on 1st & 2nd down and we ran into a pile of bodies. 

On 10/15/2018 at 1:38 PM, Guy Chamberlin said:

When this same complaint is leveled at Shawn Watson, Tim Beck,  Danny Langsdorf, and the great power option QB himself, Scott Frost, you may want to step back and admit you don't know what you're talking about.

What every successful football coach understands -- something a few Husker fans refuse to accept -- is that the running game works better when the passing game is a legitimate threat. If you insist that a team "sticks with what works" it's the mix of running and passing that have gotten you those 500 yards. Nebraska never abandoned the running game, but if you think Devine Ozigbo will get you 6 yards whenever you want, just because he's averaging 6 yards a carry, you need to do a little more homework. 

I don’t, never said any of that.  1 carry in the first half wasn’t enough.  500 yards most of which all came after getting crushed.  Again you are just making things up, not reading the actual posts.  In order for the linemen on our below average line to be engaged, we need to run the ball early.  That has worked in the games we have played.  It isn’t about sticking to what you do well it was about engaging on offensive line that seems to do better after a few running plays, in both pass protection and run blocking.  And Langsdork was an awful offensive coordinator, I have no idea why you would even include him.

• Plus1 1