The Angry Violent Left

Just now, HuskerNation1 said:

BRB....You are trying to blame Trump for the actions of others in the ten factual examples I provided. You have already shared how much you hate Trump, but I think that is clouding your judgment here.  We are seeing GOP members of Congress....not Democratic members of Congress....being targeted over and over. We have the former Dem Presidential nominee just this week stating it was ok to not be civil, and the former Atty General for the last Dem President stating to kick Republicans

Again, this is out of context. I don't think either side is behaving in a way I'd want my children to emulate. I hate "what-aboutism" and "but he started it", but this did get particularly nasty when Donald Trump started acting this way and was then reinforced by cheering crowds.

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

And...you've shared how much you hate the left.  And...this isn't clouding your judgement?

I have never said I hate the left...meanwhile you have specifically called him multiple names just in the past week and talked about how much you cannot stand the guy. Again if you are interested in staying on topic I will be happy to have dialogue. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Mike Mcdee said:

Again, this is out of context. I don't think either side is behaving in a way I'd want my children to emulate. I hate "what-aboutism" and "but he started it", but this did get particularly nasty when Donald Trump started acting this way and was then reinforced by cheering crowds.

We're supposed to be calling politicians and telling them to stop promoting violence....I wonder if HuskerNation1 is calling Trump and telling him to stop inciting his rally crowds.

1 minute ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I have never said I hate the left.

I've never said I hate Trump.  Interestingly...it's a word I refuse to use when it pertains to a person.  It's just a personal moral issue I have.

2 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

meanwhile you have specifically called him multiple names

Did I offend the poor little snowflake?  You really are offended that I call Trump names?  Really???  This is the guy who got elected and gets cheered at rallies when he makes up childish names for people.

3 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Again if you are interested in staying on topic I will be happy to have dialogue. 

I'm trying to stay on topic.  You are making this about me instead of the political violence the topic is about.

I asked earlier in a post.   Why do you think this violence started rising in 2016?

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

We're supposed to be calling politicians and telling them to stop promoting violence....I wonder if HuskerNation1 is calling Trump and telling him to stop inciting his rally crowds.

Hey I have voiced my concerns with Trumps tweets and responded when I dont agree with he guy. There are many things he has said I dont always agree with. But again...please share with me when Democratic Senators have been shot at, attacked at their homes or chased out of restaurants while eating with their families. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I've never said I hate Trump.  Interestingly...it's a word I refuse to use when it pertains to a person.  It's just a personal moral issue I have.

Did I offend the poor little snowflake?  You really are offended that I call Trump names?  Really???  This is the guy who got elected and gets cheered at rallies when he makes up childish names for people.

I'm trying to stay on topic.  You are making this about me instead of the political violence the topic is about.

I asked earlier in a post.   Why do you think this violence started rising in 2016?

Why has violence targeting GOP officials risen since the Dems lost power after the 2016 election?  Hmm...let me think about that. Could it be that the Left and Resistance movement has refused to accept the will of the American people and instilled this in the minds of the American left. We are already hearing talks of impeaching Trump and now Kavanaugh. 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I've condemned those actions.  Did you call Trump and tell him to stop?

Any comments in the other thread?

If your sole focus is to blame Trump and stay off topic I am not going to respond anymore.  There are plenty of anti-Trump threads in here already I am sure your venom toward Trump can be used there.  Move along now...

• Plus1 1

Just now, HuskerNation1 said:

If your sole focus is to blame Trump and stay off topic I am not going to respond anymore.  There are plenty of anti-Trump threads in here already I am sure your venom toward Trump can be used there.  Move along now...

I've condemned the left for their violence.  I'm not sure what more you want me to say.  :dunno

Don't you think it beneficial to discuss the cause of why the rhetoric in this country has risen to the levels it has?

Just in case anyone wonders where this topic comes from:

Trump Is Going to Hit the ‘Violent Democrats’ Button Hard—and It’ll Work

Last week, in his meeting with evangelical leaders, Donald Trump unveiled what I expect will be his closing argument in this campaign, and yes, you should worry about it.

The argument is to link the idea of a Democratic victory to violence. Yes, it’s grotesque and insane, and insanely irresponsible, and all kinds of things. But it also might work.

Democrats should not underestimate this—should not underestimate, that is, the possibility that this midterm might not follow the normal script. If you haven’t been worrying too much about this, I’d advise you add it to your list.

Apparently, "violence" includes telling Cons they can't eat at your restaurant, but any kind of opposition will do.  The goal is to demonize your political opponent, and it works for a group of impressionable people.  Whatever Donald says they believe, and here's an example.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Just in case anyone wonders where this topic comes from:

Apparently, "violence" includes telling Cons they can't eat at your restaurant, but any kind of opposition will do.  The goal is to demonize your political opponent, and it works for a group of impressionable people.  Whatever Donald says they believe, and here's an example.

This is an article written by somebody opposed to Trump in which Trump never called on his supporters to use violence. Moreover most of the 10 items I noted above had already occurred before he made these comments.  

How many Dems have been shot at, attacked, or chased out of restaurants?

• Plus1 1