The Angry Violent Left

48 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Call on your Democratic leaders to condemn it...acknowledge its a growing problem with the left... with both elected officials and activists.  Thats a starting point. 

This is kind of funny, because you expressed something similar a few days ago, and when I gave you dozens of sources and context that fleshed out what you're asking for...

you just ignored it.

So, here it is again:

On 10/9/2018 at 5:18 PM, Landlord said:

You're just not looking.

Obama Condemns 'Criminal' Ferguson Violence

"There are productive ways of responding... and there are destructive ways of responding... those are criminal acts. People should be prosecuted if they engage in criminal acts."

Obama Condemns 'Vicious, Calculated and Despicable' Dallas Shootings

“We are horrified over these events and we stand united with the people and the police department in Dallas,” he continued. The U.S. police have “an extraordinarily difficult job,” ge said, and “today is a wrenching reminder of the sacrifices they make for us.”

Obama: 'Nothing justifies violence against law enforcement'

"President Obama said the fatal shootings of three Louisiana police were "the work of cowards who speak for no one," telling reporters late Sunday afternoon, "Nothing justifies violence against law enforcement.” He added, "My fellow Americans, only we can prove, through words and through deeds, that we will not be divided, and we’re going to have to keep doing it again and again and again. That’s how this country gets united. That’s how we bring people of good will together." In the statement, Obama condemned the attacks "in the strongest sense of the word. These are attacks on public servants, on the rule of law, and on civilized society, and they have to stop," Obama said."

Obama condemns violence at Trump rally

"We saw in San Jose these protesters starting to pelt stuff [at] Trump supporters. That's not what our democracy is about," Obama said. "That's not what you do. There's no room for violence. There's no place for shouting. There's no room for a politics that fails to at least listen to the other side — even if you vehemently disagree. Because I believe if you've got the better argument, then you don't need to do that. Just go out there and organize and persuade."

Black Lives Matter condemns Dallas, pushes forward with protests

'"Black activists have raised the call for an end to violence, not an escalation of it. Yesterday's attack was the result of the actions of a lone gunman. To assign the actions of one person to an entire movement is dangerous and irresponsible. We continue our efforts to bring about a better world for all of us," BLM wrote.'

‘Shooting police is not a civil rights tactic’: Activists condemn killing of officers

“There are more questions right now than answers,” Mckesson said of the shooting in Baton Rouge. “The movement began as a response to violence, it was a call to end violence, and that call to end violence was true two years ago, was true 10 days ago, and is true today. Our call has been a call for justice, a living breathing justice,” he said. “A just world is a world where people don’t experience the trauma in the first place.”

“We all denounce the killing of police officers,” Al Sharpton said. “We don’t want to see this movement, which began with the killing of Eric Garner, smeared as an anti-police movement. We certainly don’t condone violence.”

Black Lives Matter Leader Condemns Violence at St. Paul Protest

Rashad Turner, who leads Black Lives Matter in St. Paul, tells TIME that he blames much of the violence on people who he says weren’t from the area.

“There were people outside of the community I didn’t recognize,” he says. “They were doing stupid stuff, and it’s something we don’t tolerate.”

Pelosi condemns ‘violent actions’ of antifa protesters

“Our democracy has no room for inciting violence or endangering the public, no matter the ideology of those who commit such acts,” Pelosi said in a statement released late Tuesday. “The violent actions of people calling themselves antifa in Berkeley this weekend deserve unequivocal condemnation, and the perpetrators should be arrested and prosecuted.”

Bernie Sanders Condemns Threats Against Ann Coulter Speech At Berkeley

“To me, it’s a sign of intellectual weakness,” he said. “If you can’t ask Ann Coulter in a polite way questions which expose the weakness of her arguments, if all you can do is boo, or shut her down, or prevent her from coming, what does that tell the world?”

“What are you afraid of ― her ideas? Ask her the hard questions,” he concluded. “Confront her intellectually. Booing people down, or intimidating people, or shutting down events, I don’t think that that works in any way.”

Clinton condemns attacks on Trump supporters

“I condemn all violence in our political arena,” Clinton told CNN’s Jake Tapper in an interview broadcast Friday. “I condemned it when Donald Trump was inciting it and congratulating people who were engaging in it. I condemn it by those who are taking violent protests to physical assault against Donald Trump.”

Clinton said the violence has to end but accused the real estate mogul of setting “a very bad example.” Trump has called his rallies “lovefests,” though he has also encouraged his supporters to “knock the crap out of” anyone they see carrying tomatoes and offered to pay the legal fees of supporters who are charged with violence at his rallies.

Okay, so this first video we don't know who it is, where it is, or when it is. Do we? From Hannity's video it supposedly is in NYC following the Eric Garner case, but is this or isn't it BLM? Who decides? How do we know? 

The second video....I mean. It seems pretty glaringly obvious that it's a non-literal vent session. There is no 'threat' to kill white people here. Sounds like someone expressing frustration. Also seems no more harmful than plenty of comments made in these P&R threads which are very clearly not to be taken literally.

Third video, again, who are these people? Are they officially associated with BLM in any capacity, or is it because there are people in BLM shirts there (not speaking) that the group is now representative of the movement? Once again, I don't see or hear anyone advocating for murder (maybe the guy at the beginning was saying something about a 'pistol' but I couldn't actually make it out). I've got issue with this approach, as it seems to encourage non-peaceful conflict/protest (weirdly enough, something Obama and many others also always encourage?), but so far I'm not exactly sure what actionable/demonstrable thing you're upset at Obama for not criticizing specifically.

The first part of the Hannity video is the most egregious of all these examples of anything directly related to BLM, and I'm not a fan of it.

I guess I'm still missing what you are expecting out of Obama? Something along the lines of, "Not only do I condemn violence and hate and support peace and justice, but also you 100 marchers in St. Paul on August 29, you shouldn't chant things like that"? 

At any rate, since the one video of marchers chanting that they wanted dead cops was specifically during the Eric Garner grand jury events, here's some remarks from Obama specifically related to that/at the time:

"And there’s going to be, I’m sure, additional statements by law enforcement. My tradition is not to remark on cases where there may still be an investigation. But I want everybody to understand that this week, in the wake of Ferguson, we initiated a task force whose job it is to come back to me with specific recommendations about how we strengthen the relationship between law enforcement and communities of color and minority communities that feel that bias is taking place; that we are going to take specific steps to improve the training and the work with state and local governments when it comes to policing in communities of color; that we are going to be scrupulous in investigating cases where we are concerned about the impartiality and accountability that’s taking place. 

"And as I said when I met with folks both from Ferguson and law enforcement and clergy and civil rights activists, I said this is an issue that we’ve been dealing with for too long and it’s time for us to make more progress than we’ve made. And I’m not interested in talk; I’m interested in action. And I am absolutely committed as President of the United States to making sure that we have a country in which everybody believes in the core principle that we are equal under the law. 

"So I just got off the phone with my Attorney General, Eric Holder. He will have more specific comments about the case in New York. But I want everybody to know here, as well as everybody who may be viewing my remarks here today, we are not going to let up until we see a strengthening of the trust and a strengthening of the accountability that exists between our communities and our law enforcement. 

"And I say that as somebody who believes that law enforcement has an incredibly difficult job; that every man or woman in uniform are putting their lives at risk to protect us; that they have the right to come home, just like we do from our jobs; that there’s real crime out there that they’ve got to tackle day in and day out -- but that they’re only going to be able to do their job effectively if everybody has confidence in the system. 

"And right now, unfortunately, we are seeing too many instances where people just do not have confidence that folks are being treated fairly. And in some cases, those may be misperceptions; but in some cases, that’s a reality. And it is incumbent upon all of us, as Americans, regardless of race, region, faith, that we recognize this is an American problem, and not just a black problem or a brown problem or a Native American problem. 

"This is an American problem. When anybody in this country is not being treated equally under the law, that’s a problem. And it’s my job as President to help solve it."

Seems quite in line with the idea of, '...his voice was needed to deescalate the growing anti-cop rhetoric...'

Then, right after him, from his attorney general:

"I know that substantial numbers of people in New York and across the country will be disappointed and frustrated by the outcome of the state grand jury proceeding today. I know many will plan to voice their disappointment publicly through protests. This is the right of all Americans. But as I have said before, throughout our history, the most successful movements have been those that adhered to the principles of nonviolence. I urge all those inclined to demonstrate tonight and in the days ahead to remain peaceful in their demonstrations, and not to engage in activities that deflect our attention from the very serious matters our nation must confront."

And if you don't think that is enough, here is a quote from Obama three days before that clip of protestors calling for dead cops:

“As long as they’re peaceful, I think they’re necessary,” Obama said during an interview that aired on BET Monday. “When they turn violent then they turn counterproductive.” 

“Power concedes nothing without a fight, that’s true , but it’s also true that a country’s conscious has to be triggered by some inconvenience,” Obama said. “The value of peaceful protests, activism … is it reminds the society this is not yet done.”

If that's not enough, the other video from Hannity's clip is from a protest march in St. Paul. Per news reports I found, that march started and ended completely peacefully, with no injuries or arrests. Additionally, Rashad Turner, organizer of Black Lives St. Paul, reminded protesters to remain peaceful. "Our opponents will claim victory if they push someone over the line. I don't know about you, but let's not give them the satisfaction."

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Hey I have voiced my concerns with Trumps tweets and responded when I dont agree with he guy. There are many things he has said I dont always agree with. But again...please share with me when Democratic Senators have been shot at, attacked at their homes or chased out of restaurants while eating with their families. 

I'm pretty sure that Gabby Giffords was shot at and hit with real live bullets from a deranged right winger. She lived. There were 6 other people that didn't, including a child. Again, I don't really blame the GOP for this guys action. 

26 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

There are many things he has said I dont always agree with. But again...please share with me when Democratic Senators have been shot at, attacked at their homes or chased out of restaurants while eating with their families. 

1 hour ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Stop deflecting HuskerNation1...I stated above I did not condone ANTIFAs methods and am talking about a TREND among MANY different voices on the Republican side SINCE Trumps election. If you want to deflect to bash the Left why dont you just create a new thread titled "I hate the Left" and include everything you are angry about. Now if you care to respond to the 13 examples I provided feel free to do so in this thread.   

2 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

1. June 14 2017-A Progressive maniac opens fire at a GOP baseball practice which could have killed all Republican members there had the Capitol Police not been present, including my local Congressman who is a family friend.

Maybe you've heard of Gabrielle Giffords, who had an assassination attempt on her and was shot in the head by a Conservative maniac during a rally.  People actually did die on this one, though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabrielle_Giffords

It's not just the Left

54 minutes ago, Mike Mcdee said:

I'm pretty sure that Gabby Giffords was shot at and hit with real live bullets from a deranged right winger. She lived. There were 6 other people that didn't, including a child. Again, I don't really blame the GOP for this guys action. 

I condemn that attack but evidence showed he was not an angry right winger.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

Everything is about the angry violent left. Maybe there is a reason the left is angry? Maybe there is a reason people of color are angry at law enforcement and women are angry at men. Maybe theres a reason I called you out on white supremicist rhetoric a few days ago and maybe the reason for all of this isn't political at all. Maybe people are just fed up with the blatent oppresion Trump and his followers seem to stand for

• Plus1 1
26 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Maybe you've heard of Gabrielle Giffords, who had an assassination attempt on her and was shot in the head by a Conservative maniac during a rally.  People actually did die on this one, though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabrielle_Giffords

It's not just the Left

Jared Loughner has been described as an independent and a liberal my friends close to him.  Its just not accurate to state otherwise.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/heavy.com/news/2017/06/jared-loughner-political-affiliation-democrat-republican-liberal-politics-conservative-new-york-times-you-tube-lee-sarah-palin/amp/

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

Everything is about the angry violent left. Maybe there is a reason the left is angry? Maybe there is a reason people of color are angry at law enforcement and women are angry at men. Maybe theres a reason I called you out on white supremicist rhetoric a few days ago and maybe the reason for all of this isn't political at all. Maybe people are just fed up with the blatent oppresion Trump and his followers seem to stand for

Thank you for acknowledging the Left and their extreme anger we are seeing in 2018. 

9 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Jared Loughner has been described as an independent and a liberal my friends close to him.  Its just not accurate to state otherwise.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/heavy.com/news/2017/06/jared-loughner-political-affiliation-democrat-republican-liberal-politics-conservative-new-york-times-you-tube-lee-sarah-palin/amp/

It's debatable how he leaned before he became a mass murder.  Based on who his target was, I will stand by what i wrote.

You do recognize that someone from the Left experienced the same violence as Scalise, right?  You seem to have glossed over that very important part.