The Angry Violent Left

"HEY GUY I AM BASELESSLY FORMING AN OPINION THAT YOU DIDN'T DESERVE TO GET INTO YOUR SCHOOL AND YOU DIDN'T DO GOOD THERE!"

"Okay, well...why would you think that?"

"DOESN'T MATTER NOW IT'S YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO PROVE ME WRONG OR ELSE"

"No, I don't need to...--"

"HA. I KNEW IT. I KNEW YOU WERE HIDING SOMETHING."

"I'm not hiding anything I just don't feel any obligation or desire to cater to this ridicul--"

"HEY EVERYBODY THIS GUY WON'T RELEASE HIS RECORDS SO OBVIOUSLY HE'S A FRAUD"

...am I understanding this argument correctly?

Okay everyone keep throwing out accusations about Ric Flair's credentials and intelligence so that when he refuses to show us his records we can confirm that he's not the brightest bulb.

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Because he’s clearly not the brightest bulb. He was also a self-described pothead slacker. So it seems clear that he got into Harvard based on being bi-racial and possibly claiming to be an immigrant. The fact he won’t simply release his records seems to confirm that.

Who says he isn't the brightest bulb? Who says pothead slackers can't be intelligent? I know a fair amount of "pothead slackers" who are very smart people. I also know a fair amount of people who don't do drugs at all who are really dumb. 

You're making a pretty big leap by assuming that something must be amiss because he won't release his records. Did Donald Trump have shady business dealings because he never released his tax returns?

• Plus1 2
5 hours ago, It'sNotAFakeID said:

Who says he isn't the brightest bulb? Who says pothead slackers can't be intelligent? I know a fair amount of "pothead slackers" who are very smart people. I also know a fair amount of people who don't do drugs at all who are really dumb. 

You're making a pretty big leap by assuming that something must be amiss because he won't release his records. Did Donald Trump have shady business dealings because he never released his tax returns?

It certainly added to the already billowing cloud of smoke.

• Plus1 1
11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

The fact he won’t simply release his records seems to confirm that.

Allegations against Republicans: debate the nuances of what is and isn't considered corroborating evidence. Give every benefit of the doubt to the accused. Claim that accusers are crazy.

Allegations against Democrat: unsubstantiated claim based on bias and no evidence at all? Confirmed!

• Plus1 7
  • Fire 1

Dems assault 2 Repub candidates in Minn. 

With the highlighted statement below - we have to ask - Is this the new norm??

https://freebeacon.com/politics/two-gop-candidates-assaulted-minnesota/

The Minnesota Democratic Party has suspended a spokesman for calling for violence against Republicans even as two GOP candidates have been assaulted in suspected politically motivated attacks.

First-time state representative candidate Shane Mekeland suffered a concussion after getting sucker punched while speaking with constituents at a restaurant in Benton County. Mekeland told the Free Beacon he has suffered memory loss—forgetting Rep. Anderson's name at one point in the interview—and doctors tell him he will have a four-to-six week recovery time ahead of him. He said he was cold c$%ked while sitting at a high top table at a local eatery and hit his head on the floor.

"I was so overtaken by surprise and shock and if this is the new norm, this is not what I signed up for," he said.

7 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Why do you think the assailants were Democrats? Or from the Left?  Neither candidate actually says who their assailants were, and neither identified as leftist or Democrat. 

Mekeland described his incident:

Mekeland admits the assailant had but vague motive. He described the man as issuing “a typical politically charged statement — not necessarily one way or the other, just a statement in general… It was in reference to politicians not caring about the middle class.”

Since it’s a sentiment harbored by exactly 94 percent of the U.S. population, that doesn’t narrow it down. As for Anderson’s attacker, we’re guessing a legitimate anarchist would be setting his sights higher than kicking roadside signs in Plymouth. The evidence suggests both desperados are more likely members of the Kook Party, rather than acolytes of the Republican-Democrat Duopoly.

Still, Mekeland was quick to blame the “media” and villains de jour “Maxine Waters, Hillary, and Eric Holder” for the rising waters of political violence. (He appears to have never attended a Trump rally.)

And Anderson described hers as:

State Rep. Sarah Anderson (R-Plymouth) was campaigning Sunday when she saw a man kicking yard signs touting her and other GOP candidates.

She jumped from her car and told the man to stop. He refused, Anderson told WCCO, saying he was an “anarchist” and “could do whatever I want.”

9 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Those are despicable actions. The Facebook post by the staffer is in poor taste, and though it's obviously a metaphor for voting out Republican power, and in my opinion would not qualify as, "overt hatred and violence", it certainly distracts and detracts from their message and their goals, so a suspension was warranted.

But there's nothing in the reports of either alleged assault about the assailants being Democrats.

2 hours ago, Landlord said:

Those are despicable actions. The Facebook post by the staffer is in poor taste, and though it's obviously a metaphor for voting out Republican power, and in my opinion would not qualify as, "overt hatred and violence", it certainly distracts and detracts from their message and their goals, so a suspension was warranted.

But there's nothing in the reports of either alleged assault about the assailants being Democrats.

I don't want any of them to ever get attacked, mostly for the same reasons I want no one to get attacked, but also because it leads to stupid statements like this: "The overt hatred and violence that has become prevalent from many Democrats towards Republicans in recent times is unlawful, unacceptable, and downright scary"

• Plus1 1
16 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I don't want any of them to ever get attacked, mostly for the same reasons I want no one to get attacked, but also because it leads to stupid statements like this: "The overt hatred and violence that has become prevalent from many Democrats towards Republicans in recent times is unlawful, unacceptable, and downright scary"

The quote you quoted is exactly right.  Any violence or physical contact with politicians should be condemned by everyone.  Honestly, it works completely opposite of what the people are trying to accomplish.  You want to gain political power?  Act like the adult in the room.  It would go a long ways when compared to the man sitting in the oval office right now who acts like a spoiled 3 year old.

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The quote you quoted is exactly right.  Any violence or physical contact with politicians should be condemned by everyone.  Honestly, it works completely opposite of what the people are trying to accomplish.  You want to gain political power?  Act like the adult in the room.  It would go a long ways when compared to the man sitting in the oval office right now who acts like a spoiled 3 year old.

No. The quote is mostly wrong because the first part of it is false.

“prevalent from many Democrats towards Republicans” is false political bull s#!t and the person who said it knows very well that there is a very small % from both parties who do this s#!t. If you can’t see it as a BS political statement it’s a little surprising. 

2 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

No. The quote is mostly wrong.

“prevalent from many Democrats towards Republicans” is false political bull s#!t and the person who said it knows very well that there is a very small % from both parties who do this s#!t. If you can’t see it as a BS political statement it’s a little surprising. 

I'm fine it you think the word "many" should be taken out of the quote.  It is a small minority.  However, the rest of the quote is spot on.  It is unlawful, unacceptable and scary.  

If the Dems want to gain power, they need to resoundly condemn these actions by the minority in their group.  

Problem is, when these idiots act out like this, it's then easy for the other side to paint the entire Democratic party as angry crazy people.  

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm fine it you think the word "many" should be taken out of the quote.  It is a small minority.  However, the rest of the quote is spot on.  It is unlawful, unacceptable and scary.  

If the Dems want to gain power, they need to resoundly condemn these actions by the minority in their group.  

Problem is, when these idiots act out like this, it's then easy for the other side to paint the entire Democratic party as angry crazy people.  

The last paragraph is exactly what she’s trying to do (paint an entire group as angry crazy people) and yet even though you know what she’s doing you are saying she’s exactly right. It’s not only that she said prevalent, she also singled out Democrats as if they’re the only ones to ever be violent.

The other stuff she said was a given. Ya. Hurting people is wrong. Really gripping stuff there. I’ve already stated I never want that stuff to happen. I’ve also stated to people that I don’t want anyone to ever harm Trump.

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

The last paragraph is exactly what she’s doing and yet even though you know what she’s doing you are saying she’s exactly right. It’s not only that she said prevalent, she also singled out Democrats as if they’re the only ones to ever be violent.

The other stuff she said was a given. Ya. Hurting people is wrong. Really gripping stuff there. I’ve already stated I never want that stuff to happen. I’ve also stated to people that I don’t want anyone to ever harm Trump.

I didn't read the article.  I just read your quote.  So, taking your quote by itself, I'll agree with it. (again, if you want to take "many" out...so be it.).