The Angry Violent Left

9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

And unlawful and unacceptable.

I'm not sure what the argument is here.

You aren’t saying anything at all even though you know she is trying to paint an entire group of people as violent. I assumed at first when you replied that you thought politicians taking advantage of these situations was fine with you or that you were falling for it because I couldn’t figure out why else you would say her statement is exactly right. Come to find out you are basically just saying hurting people is wrong. :dunno

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

You aren’t saying anything at all even though you know she is trying to paint an entire group of people as violent. I assumed at first when you replied that you thought politicians taking advantage of these situations was fine with you or that you were falling for it because I couldn’t figure out why else you would say her statement is exactly right. Come to find out you are basically just saying hurting people is wrong. :dunno

Actually, that....and.....the actions of the minority who act like this hurt the party as a whole because it's easy for the other side to paint with a wide brush.

Again...I didn't read the entire article.  Honestly, I have no clue even who said this and really don't care.  

But, angrily confronting politicians like what has been done  (Ted Cruz in the restaurant for an example) is unacceptable and should be shunned by everyone.

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Actually, that....and.....the actions of the minority who act like this hurt the party as a whole because it's easy for the other side to paint with a wide brush.

Again...I didn't read the entire article.  Honestly, I have no clue even who said this and really don't care.  

But, angrily confronting politicians like what has been done  (Ted Cruz in the restaurant for an example) is unacceptable and should be shunned by everyone.

I was just confused at the response since you’re not saying anything I hadn’t already said. That and you deciding to disagree that the quote is stupid when it’s clearly stupid. It’s like someone informing everyone the sky is blue, and was clearly for political gain.

I do agree that groups should police their own and be their own biggest critics. That's how you constantly reform. I think the, "WHY AREN'T DEMOCRATIC LEADERS CONDEMNING THESE ACTIONS" buzz from the right is overblown and is a distraction tactic, but independent of that I would love to see more Democratic leaders not afraid to admit and address the shortcomings of their own party. I would love to see more of the same from Republicans as well. And from police, and from Husker fans, and from the church, and from Muslims, and from the military, and from many others as well.

• Plus1 1
On 10/18/2018 at 1:04 PM, ZRod said:

There's a time and place for violence, we are far from that time and place. At this point in time much more can be accomplished peacefully through protests and votes.

Honestly, I am not so sure about that.  This administration has proven countless times they don't give a damn about anyone not rich, white, hetero, "christian".  This administration doesn't care about, and will never listen to, anyone who doesn't look like they do and have their same beliefs.

4 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Honestly, I am not so sure about that.  This administration has proven countless times they don't give a damn about anyone not rich, white, hetero, "christian".  This administration doesn't care about, and will never listen to, anyone who doesn't look like they do and have their same beliefs.

Usually by the time people realize they should have been violent, it’s too late. 

• Plus1 1
On 10/18/2018 at 8:49 AM, BigRedBuster said:

How do I say this nicely?  F that noise.  Every time you see a right-wing, nazi, trump-bot out...harrass them, disrupt them, make them feel as uncomfortable, as unwelcome, and as hated as they treat all of us "undesriables."  

Being nice, and being civil is a luxury I can no longer afford.  This administration is swiftly pushing their hateful, extremely anti-LBGTQIA agenda.  

I just wish I could...

On 10/18/2018 at 8:29 AM, BigRedBuster said:

I'm fine it you think the word "many" should be taken out of the quote.  It is a small minority.  However, the rest of the quote is spot on.  It is unlawful, unacceptable and scary.  

If the Dems want to gain power, they need to resoundly condemn these actions by the minority in their group.  

Problem is, when these idiots act out like this, it's then easy for the other side to paint the entire Democratic party as angry crazy people.  

Easy for you to say.  Your entire existence and ability to have rights and protections under the law isn't being questioned and there is no court case pending to erase you from existence.

It must be so nice to have such a cavalier attitude towards Trump's policies, because you know the religious discrimination and bigotry his administration is putting in place will never affect you.

And yes, you better believe that this sh** is VERY personal to me because I am in the demographic that is being erased from existence.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
32 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Easy for you to say.  Your entire existence and ability to have rights and protections under the law isn't being questioned and there is no court case pending to erase you from existence.

It must be so nice to have such a cavalier attitude towards Trump's policies, because you know the religious discrimination and bigotry his administration is putting in place will never affect you.

And yes, you better believe that this sh** is VERY personal to me because I am in the demographic that is being erased from existence.

I think you are the first person who has ever said I have a cavalier attitude towards Trump. 

9 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

More of this nonsense? 

9 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Enough with the melodrama about being “erased from existence.” The question is about legal definitions of sex and gender. Regardlessof the definition they settle on, it’s not like you’re going to suddenly disappear.

• Plus1 1