The Angry Violent Left

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

What if Acosta had openly campaigned for Democrat candidates in the mid-terms?  Would that have drawn your outrage, or is that completely OK?

Because for all the hysterics over Acosta asking questions in a press conference, the Trumpsters are completely letting Fox News have a pass for their bias. 

Makes for a pretty foolish and hollow argument against CNN. 

Hannity is not in the Press Corps. As for MSM, they support Dems enough with their coverage that it likely reaches a wider audience than attending a rally. The love given to Beto this season was over the top with some talking about how much of a rock star he was while walking around with him at a campaign event.

• Plus1 2

6 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Hannity is not in the Press Corps. As for MSM, they support Dems enough with their coverage that it likely reaches a wider audience than attending a rally. The love given to Beto this season was over the top with some talking about how much of a rock star he was while walking around with him at a campaign event.

So any talking head can't be criticized for giving love to any candidate for your argument regarding Hannity to make any sense.  Give the other talking heads a break with Beto.  

Fox is part of the MSM.

9 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

please define MSM for us please.

I've been reading through this thread and one thing keeps bashing me over the head:

We all agree (no matter our opinion of Trump) that violence is bad.  That rioting outside a private citizens home is bad.  That mass murder and terrorism and threats are bad.  We all agree that professionals acting unprofessional in their jobs and it becoming "okay" is bad.

Instead of clashing, maybe we try to create a discussion where we can think of ways to help reign in the "crazies" from both camps.  These crazy people are a fringe minority from both camps and I think we are giving them far more clout then they deserve.  When crimes are committed, they should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.  But the gray area is "what does that look like?"  

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Instead of clashing, maybe we try to create a discussion where we can think of ways to help reign in the "crazies" from both camps.  These crazy people are a fringe minority from both camps and I think we are giving them far more clout then they deserve.  When crimes are committed, they should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.  But the gray area is "what does that look like?"  

When we have crazies among us, clashing seems inevitable. 

16 minutes ago, funhusker said:

That's what most of us try to do. Unfortunately, not all of us are interested in discussion. You've got drive-by people like don't check facts or sources, just comes in when they think their team is winning and drops s#!t on the other team, and you can't have a discussion with those kinds of people. 

People who complain when their opinions are rebutted by facts, or who reject any fact that didn't come from their team's source, are not open to discussion. Their goal is to clash.

• Plus1 2

7 minutes ago, knapplc said:

That's what most of us try to do. Unfortunately, not all of us are interested in discussion. You've got drive-by people like don't check facts or sources, just comes in when they think their team is winning and drops s#!t on the other team, and you can't have a discussion with those kinds of people. 

People who complain when their opinions are rebutted by facts, or who reject any fact that didn't come from their team's source, are not open to discussion. Their goal is to clash.

I agree.  This was a not-so-subtle  plea to those posters....

25 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I've been reading through this thread and one thing keeps bashing me over the head:

We all agree (no matter our opinion of Trump) that violence is bad.  That rioting outside a private citizens home is bad.  That mass murder and terrorism and threats are bad.  We all agree that professionals acting unprofessional in their jobs and it becoming "okay" is bad.

I fully agree with you here. There are crazies on the left and the right and I have shared this view often. The problem comes in when a good number of posters on here try to link Trump and his supporters into this crazy camp and continue to call Trump and his supporters racist and all the other deplorable names. If that were to subside I believe there would be richer dialogue all the way around.

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I fully agree with you here. There are crazies on the left and the right and I have shared this view often. The problem comes in when a good number of posters on here try to link Trump and his supporters into this crazy camp and continue to call Trump and his supporters racist and all the other deplorable names. If that were to subside I believe there would be richer dialogue all the way around.

fwiw...it's hard to seperate trump from his enemy of the people rhetoric and people sending bombs to the press or picketing at their houses.

• Plus1 1
58 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Here's a test for those who think the left is acting unhinged:

Donald Trump wins the popular vote. But Hillary Clinton wins the Presidency thanks to the electoral college.

Every U.S. intelligence agency confirms that Russia meddled in the U.S. election on behalf of Hillary Clinton. Vladimir Putin clearly believed that Hillary Clinton would be better for Russia.

Hillary Clinton responds by firing the FBI director and undermining her own intelligence community. She stands next to Vladimir Putin, assuring the world she believes Putin's word over the consensus of American intelligence. 

She tells us every criticism of her is Fake News. Her supporters tell you to move on. She won. Get over it.

Hillary Clinton appoints Chelsea and that husband you know nothing about to key government positions.

Hillary faces well-documented cases of financial fraud and refuses to release her tax returns. 

She takes credit for things that actually happened under the Bush administration. She has uttered more than 4,000 categorical lies since taking office. 

She goes to the hair salon constantly, and plays croquet every weekend, charging the secret service to stay at the resort she owns: Rodham-a-go-go. She puts in little of the hard work, but stays up late taking potshots at Ted Nugent on Twitter. 

She either ignores her inner circle of advisers, or fires them, resulting in an unprecedented turnover of staff. 

Then you notice she is pulling every lever she can to subvert the Constitution, gain executive power, and shield herself from prosecution.

Also, everything you thought you knew about Hillary's politics was an understatement. Her policies and appointments are even worse than you feared. Debbie Wasserman-Shultz as Secretary of Labor? Are you s#!tting me? Her position on Israel appears to be based on Christian End Times prophecies. She give Kim Jung Un the photo op his family has always dreamed of.

Everything wrong is someone else's fault. Not Hillary's. If she didn't deserve all this power, why is there an arena full of Hillary supporters in Westchester chanting "lock him up!"?

So as a Republican, would you say: well, I don't agree with her, but Hillary is our duly elected President. I'll tone down my rhetoric and just see where she leads America for the next 8 years."

BTW, the silence in response to this post is deafening. 

Excellent job with this. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1