The Angry Violent Left

Just a reminder for all that Obama spent much of his 8 years going after or blaming Fox News claiming they were biased against him.  Lets not pretend that this notion of disagreeing with members of the press started with Trump. Imagine if Obama had 90% of the press against him....he likely would not have won the 2008 primary let alone a 2nd term.  

• Plus1 2

You have a republican president that condones violence against the media and describes them as the enemy.  You have a republican president that called alt-right marchers that were engaged in violence "fine people."  You have a republican president that joked about assaulting women.  You have a republican president that told supporters he would pay their attorneys fees for violence on people that were against him.  You have a republican president that said he would order the military to shoot unarmed immigrants for throwing rocks.

And you have a few conservative people on here that say nothing about it because we have a booming economy

Forgive me if I don't tone it down.

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I fully agree with you here. There are crazies on the left and the right and I have shared this view often. The problem comes in when a good number of posters on here try to link Trump and his supporters into this crazy camp and continue to call Trump and his supporters racist and all the other deplorable names. If that were to subside I believe there would be richer dialogue all the way around.

Ugh, this has been discussed in other threads many times, and I hate to belabor the point since this discussion has been going in a different direction, but... turning a blind eye to racism does not create a richer dialogue. It enables more racism, which overshadows so much of what Trump says and does. I whole-heartedly agree that we should have reasonable discussions about policy and actions without attacking each other, but Trump is racist, according to mountains of evidence (mostly, his own words). Pointing this out is not the obstacle to reasonable discussion; it is the failure of some to acknowledge his racism (or willful ignorance of it, or even embracing it) that does this. 

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Just a reminder for all that Obama spent much of his 8 years going after or blaming Fox News claiming they were biased against him.  Lets not pretend that this notion of disagreeing with members of the press started with Trump. Imagine if Obama had 90% of the press against him....he likely would not have won the 2008 primary let alone a 2nd term.  

Show me where Obama called Fox Fake News or the enemy of the people.

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

You have a republican president that condones violence against the media and describes them as the enemy.  You have a republican president that called alt-right marchers that were engaged in violence "fine people."  You have a republican president that joked about assaulting women.  You have a republican president that told supporters he would pay their attorneys fees for violence on people that were against him.  You have a republican president that said he would order the military to shoot unarmed immigrants for throwing rocks.

And you have a few conservative people on here that say nothing about it because we have a booming economy (not of the sitting President's doing)

Forgive me if I don't tone it down.

FFA

2 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Sorry but Acosta and Fake News CNN need to stop pretending to be journalists. Why on earth is he pushing the arm of a female intern. CNNs reputation with Acosta, Lemon and others has been tarnished forever.  That network in particular has gone overboard going after Trump and his family and its laughable to see some still defending CNN.

Your fake outrage is noted. 

• Fire 1
2 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

FFA

To be fair, the tax overhaul and fiscal spending has been a large contributor to the economic growth we've seen. However, the latter is not sustainable and will eventually come back to bite us in the a$$. Additionally, consumer spending has increased, as consumer confidence continues to tick upward.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, VectorVictor said:

FFA

Hey.  I know it started before he became president.  I'll give him credit that he's keeping the train rolling so far.  I figured he would have found a way to muck it up in year 1.  

But taking care of my fellow man is my concern.  Not taking care of my fellow corporation.  And that's what bothers me

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
Just now, QMany said:

At some point, we have to accept these Trump faithful are never going to turn. Never going to see the light. Never going to seek truth. We can talk facts, logic, morality, etc. until we are blue in the face, but it absolutely does not matter to them. Don't get me wrong, I won't stop talking in facts, logic, morality. But I'm just about done trying to engage in actual debate with illogical, ignorant, reprehensible people. 

takeN20.gif

• Plus1 4

18 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Claims Obama "spent much of his 8 years going after or blaming Fox News claiming they were biased against him."

As proof, posts <3 minute video with one quote by President Obama from late 2016, then a bunch of whining and lies by Fox pundits, none of which confirms this allegation.

This is why Trump said, "I love the poorly educated."  Propaganda works best on them.

• Plus1 2
19 minutes ago, Ulty said:

Ugh, this has been discussed in other threads many times, and I hate to belabor the point since this discussion has been going in a different direction, but... turning a blind eye to racism does not create a richer dialogue. It enables more racism, which overshadows so much of what Trump says and does. I whole-heartedly agree that we should have reasonable discussions about policy and actions without attacking each other, but Trump is racist, according to mountains of evidence (mostly, his own words). Pointing this out is not the obstacle to reasonable discussion; it is the failure of some to acknowledge his racism (or willful ignorance of it, or even embracing it) that does this. 

Continuing to falsely accuse Trump of racism is not going to bring voices together on here. That is the problem...the left cant beat Trump on ideas and therefore resort to name calling. 

• Fire 1
3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Claims Obama "spent much of his 8 years going after or blaming Fox News claiming they were biased against him."

As proof, posts <3 minute video with one quote by President Obama from late 2016, then a bunch of whining and lies by Fox pundits, none of which confirms this allegation.

This is why Trump said, "I love the poorly educated."  Propaganda works best on them.

There are oodles of videos where Obama blasted Fox for their views he did not agree with just as CNN and MSNBC have done with Trump. Failing to acknowledge this demonstrates your bias.

• Fire 1