The Angry Violent Left

1 minute ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Continuing to falsely accuse Trump of racism is not going to bring voices together on here. That is the problem...the left cant beat Trump on ideas and therefore resort to name calling. 

WOW! The hypocrisy of saying the other side resorts to name-calling when discussing Trump is mind-boggling.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
Just now, StPaulHusker said:

Show me where Obama calls Fox Fake News and the enemy of the people

He doesnt have to use the same words to start a trend of attacking a news outlet he disageed with.  Early in the Obama admin they stated Fox was "destructive" and should be treated as an opponent.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/townhall.com/columnists/calebparke/2017/01/12/did-mainstream-media-forget-how-obama-treated-fox-news-n2270406%3famp=true

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

He doesnt have to use the same words to start a trend of attacking a news outlet he disageed with.  Early in the Obama admin they stated Fox was "destructive" and should be treated as an opponent.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/townhall.com/columnists/calebparke/2017/01/12/did-mainstream-media-forget-how-obama-treated-fox-news-n2270406%3famp=true

Not even close to the same and you know it

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

23 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Hey.  I know it started before he became president.  I'll give him credit that he's keeping the train rolling so far.  I figured he would have found a way to muck it up in year 1.  

But taking care of my fellow man is my concern.  Not taking care of my fellow corporation.  And that's what bothers me

I know you knew. :)

And yes, he's kept it rolling, but some of that is artificial and has a nasty downside, especially if the looming Chinese and Indian market corrections/crash/bears come to fruition. 

1 minute ago, StPaulHusker said:

Not even close to the same and you know it

Newsweek did a piece on how Obama broke tradition by singling out Fox News and going hard after them his entire Presidency. Certainly Obamas style differs from Trump but telling his WH staff to treat Fox as a political opponent is not that far off calling some parts of the press the enemy.  The left only became concerned with the treatment of the Press when liberal outlets became the target. I didnt hear anyone in hear criticizing Obama for calling Fox destructive and to treat Fox like a political opponent.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Newsweek did a piece on how Obama broke tradition by singling out Fox News and going hard after them his entire Presidency. Certainly Obamas style differs from Trump but telling his WH staff to treat Fox as a political opponent is not that far off calling some parts of the press the enemy.  The left only became concerned with the treatment of the Press when liberal outlets became the target. I didnt hear anyone in hear criticizing Obama for calling Fox destructive and to treat Fox like a political opponent.

That's still not even close to what Trump is doing. If Trump called out a particular news organization (for example MSNBC) and called them a political opponent, that would be much, much different than calling all news outlets fake and an enemy of the people. Those two things aren't even close.

• Plus1 3

2 hours ago, Ulty said:

Do you value honesty, integrity, and kindness? 

20 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Continuing to falsely accuse Trump of racism is not going to bring voices together on here. That is the problem...the left cant beat Trump on ideas and therefore resort to name calling. 

It would have been a lot easier to simply answer the question with a "no" rather than dodging it and continuing on with more dishonesty.

• Fire 1

This thread really delivered it for me.

I've been on vacation so I was a couple pages behind on the thread. As I get to the end of page 11 I think to myself that the only thing missing here is Bnill bringing Obama into the conversation. It's his signature; it always happened back before he got his name changed when he posted here more frequently. And then it happened. Part way down page 12 and he posted the video about Obama and Fox. I seriously laughed out loud.

I don't know how you guys continue to argue with him.

• Plus1 1
40 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

When they actively campaign for republicans, wouldn’t that make them the opponent to the democrats?

37 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

That's still not even close to what Trump is doing. If Trump called out a particular news organization (for example MSNBC) and called them a political opponent, that would be much, much different than calling all news outlets fake and an enemy of the people. Those two things aren't even close.

Enemy vs opponent....hmm...

• Plus1 1