The Angry Violent Left

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

Is this next:  Civil War.  I posted this in the Trump's America thread.    What if Trump doesn't leave the WH when he is not reelected in 2020 and challenges the outcome or if he is impeached.  Will talk radio and Fox and Friends promote people taking to the streets in support of Trump?  Will Russia pull their strings to do the same things - all in an effort to bring about a time of civil unrest not seen since the Civil War?  I can see how this could be worse than the 1960s and all of its race, anti-war riots (which I lived through as a youngster - yea I am that old :o).    We NEED the Dems to step up with some cooler heads to get the pendulum to make shorter swings in this political back and worth.  I don't trust the GOP to do so - unless somehow Kasich or Romney or similar get a hold of the party.  The more moderate GOPers need to come up wt a consensus candidate to run against Trump in the primary.  Even name the ticket Kasich/Romney running together on one ticket in the primary - never done before, and may be a wild idea but now is the time for wild ideas to stop what is going on and restore political order at the top.  :restore    (Yea, I know not a good fit in this discussion but what the hey, it needs to be said.  We've got to get the country back to a civil discourse.  It ain't going to happen under Trump)

https://www.lmtonline.com/news/article/In-America-talk-turns-to-something-unspoken-for-13654893.php

I’ve said it several times. I can see him after the election results saying “the media is lying to the American people” about the election results and that he actually won the election. We already have people attacking the media and threatening to attack the media. It’s a logical next step.

That’s why it disgusts me he wasn’t removed from office for insanity long ago, the minute he started attacking the press.

The other side always comes up with the same nonsense 

I remember going to a seminar at a church in Florida and the guy was talking about clinton declaring martial law and not leaving

trump doesn’t have the power or the popularity to pull anything like that off

anyone in the middle would turn on him as well as most of his supporters

this isn’t venezuela

they haven’t disarmed us yet 

we still have our guns thank goodness 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, OTHusker said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/02/28/politics/joe-biden-mike-pence-decent-guy-criticize-respond/index.html

We weren’t watching the same channel

there are what 10 different news shows on in the am

I finally got around to reading the entire article.  Let's be clear about this.  It appears from this article that CNN or their commentators wasn't criticizing him for saying that.  There is one lone actress that criticized him in  the article.  

This is the last paragraph.  Problem is, I'm sure there are Democrats that don't like it that Joe was at Chuck's event and Republicans that don't like it that Chuck was saying nice things about Joe.

"Joe's a Democrat. I'm a Republican, but that never mattered to Joe," Hagel said as he introduced Biden. "He always understood that what matters most in public life -- as in all things in life -- is character. That public service is a privilege to be earned and it's its own best reward."

Just now, StPaulHusker said:

I legit laughed at this

Right?  If a significant portion of the military doesn't also rise up against the President, the AR-15s and 12-guage shotguns in the hands of the public aren't going to do much good.  But, my cousin does have a cute little pistol that fits in her boot holster, maybe that will handle it?!

• Haha 2
30 minutes ago, OTHusker said:

The other side always comes up with the same nonsense 

I remember going to a seminar at a church in Florida and the guy was talking about clinton declaring martial law and not leaving

trump doesn’t have the power or the popularity to pull anything like that off

anyone in the middle would turn on him as well as most of his supporters

this isn’t venezuela

they haven’t disarmed us yet 

we still have our guns thank goodness 

None of the previous times are comparable, because previous presidents didn’t demonize the media and spend half their waking hours trying to turn people against them.

When you convince a huge group of people the media is lying to them, or is “the enemy of the people,” you’re not that far off from much worse things happening.

Actions should have been taken to remove Trump from office the moment he first uttered those words.

You are giving Trump supporters way too much credit. If Trump tells them the media stole the election from him, they will believe it. 

• Plus1 3
12 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

None of the previous times are comparable, because previous presidents didn’t demonize the media and spend half their waking hours trying to turn people against them.

When you convince a huge group of people the media is lying to them, or is “the enemy of the people,” you’re not that far off from much worse things happening.

Actions should have been taken to remove Trump from office the moment he first uttered those words.

You are giving Trump supporters way too much credit. If Trump tells them the media stole the election from him, they will believe it. 

And he spends the other half of his waking hours convincing people their's a deep state conspiracy against him within the government powered by anyone who criticizes him.

30 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Remember, Trump himself said he could shoot someone in Times Square and his supporters would still stand with him.  That is both delusional (on his behalf - he has these great images of grandeur towards himself) and also scary as it is becomes all too true by what we have seen thus far.  

51 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Right?  If a significant portion of the military doesn't also rise up against the President, the AR-15s and 12-guage shotguns in the hands of the public aren't going to do much good.  But, my cousin does have a cute little pistol that fits in her boot holster, maybe that will handle it?!

giphy.gif

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yeah....I don't watch CNN in the morning.

We live in a very frustrating time.  When I sit around with my buddies in central Nebraska and I try to explain that even though I don't agree with them politically, Hillary isn't the devil incarnate and Obama isn't a Muslim born in Kenya sent here as a child to turn America to Sharia Law.....I get labeled as a liberal Democrat.  When a friend sends me social media crap about Obama or Hillary and I tell him I have no desire to receive it...I'm labeled a F***ing Democrat that hasn't come out of the closet yet.

The problem is, this has been building since sometime after Reagan was in office.  Republicans made a huge deal out of a BJ, Cigar and a blue dress, Blackwater, Clintons committing mass murder.  Democrats then tried claiming Bush was a mastermind behind 9/11 so that his buddies could make billions in the industrialized military complex and purposely allowed black people to die after Katrina in New Orleans.  Republicans then tried claiming Obama was from Kenya, is Muslim, supports Terrorists and Sharia Law and is the cause of all race tensions in America.

ALL THAT....led us to a situation where one side has voted in the most disgusting human being in the history of the office.  One that got voted in by promoting violence against people who don't agree with him.  One who garners support from hate groups like KKK and Neo-Nazis.  One who rose to power to the chants of "LOCK HER UP"...oh...yeah.....one with zero ability to actually govern...but he sure instilled excitement in the hatred of the other side.

Americans need a huge slap in the face for their political actions over the last 30 years.  It seems like every political cycle, it gets worse and worse and worse.

NOW.....it seems that we are seeing evidence from our intelligence community that Russia is behind a lot of this.  They have been covertly inciting hatred from both sides in America.  There is even evidence that they had major influence in events like the Ferguson riots and Charlottesville.  

Sad thing is, instead of recognizing it and fighting back, the leader of our country has denied denied denied....to the extent of befriending the leader of the country who has done it and has taken off sanctions put in place by the previous President.

America needs a reset button in a huge way.

+1

But I’d put the insanity ratio at 80/20 Republicans to Democrats.

As far as I know the 9/11 conspiracy stuff wasn’t spouted by members of congress, but you can correct me if I’m wrong. I remember it moreso with Katrina.

The Republican party has steadily gotten more crazy since Clinton was elected and many of those in congress grew up sucking Fox News’s teat.

Also, if you didn’t mention it, having 2 elections where the majority vote getter didn’t win didn’t help things.

• Plus1 5
24 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Wouldn’t expect anything else. 

You mean from me or because it’s true? This is another both sides argument where one side is a hell of a lot more guilty than the other. I agree with a lot of your post that there’s been a lot of division, but most of it is caused by Republican leaders not looking out for the country’s best interests, and Fox getting people angry over nothing with a combination of sensationalism and outright lies.

Democrats didn’t do anything even approaching what Republicans did to Obama with the birth certificate stuff, opposing his every move out of hand, and the Supreme court nomination. Their treatment of Bush never approached that. The 9/11 stuff is a nutbar conspiracy by a tiny minority. The birth certificate stuff was on a much bigger scale within the Republican party than the 9/11 conspiracy ever was.

Katrina was actually a thing that happened and the response wasn’t good. And again, I don’t think the “Bush doesn’t like Black people” thing was very widespread within the party.

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, funhusker said:

Hush up and let people play Red Dawn!

giphy.gif