The Angry Violent Left

One thing that should concern all Americans is the growing anger from the Left that is promoting or resorting to violence since Trump was elected.  I fully understand Trump used fiery rhetoric at rallies in 2016 and condemn those too, but the trend since Trumps election against Republicans is prevalent and downright scary. 

1. June 14 2017-A Progressive maniac opens fire at a GOP baseball practice which could have killed all Republican members there had the Capitol Police not been present, including my local Congressman who is a family friend.

2. November 4, 2017-A neighbor who sympathizes with the left assaulted Rand Paul breaking his ribs among other injuries he suffered. 

3. June 2018-Democrat Maxine Waters calls on Liberals to not allow Republicans to eat or sleep and stated "If you see anybody from the Cabinet in a restsurant, dept store, or gas station, get out and create a crowd and push back on them and tell them they are not welcome anymore, anywhere."

4. June 2018-Sarah Sanders told to leave restaurant where she and family were enjoying a meal.

5. July 2018-Cory Booker delivers speech encouraging crowd to "Get up in the face" of Congress officials they dont agree with.

6. Mitch McConell chased out of restaurant by angry left mob.

7. GOP House Candidate Rudy Peters attacked by man with switchblade by man screaming "Fu*k Trump."

8. Ted Cruz and wife chased out of restaurant by angry left mob.

9. October 2018-Hillary Clinton promotes the lack of civility on the Left and states that civility can start again onky if the Dems take control. In other words its ok for Progressives to continue to be uncivil if they are not in power.

10. October 2018-Former Obama Atty General states that, "when the opposition goes low, we kick them."

This is just a short list and does not include the over the top tactics we have seen from some comedians and members of Hollywood as well as in recent weeks in DC with the Kavanugh hearings. We have also seen Antifa and other left wing radical groups use their tactics to shut down free speech by Conservative voices like Ben Shapiro and others. I am fully supportive of peaceful protests in our nation but it appears that key voices in the left are pushing for intimidation and confrontation instead of peaceful protests. I am in full agreement with Rand Paul that somebody is going to get seriously injured or killed if this trend continues....and he is speaking from experience.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 2

8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Stop deflecting BRB...I stated above I did not condone Trumps rhetoric in 2016 and am talking about a TREND among MANY different voices on the Democratic side SINCE Trumps election. If you want to deflect to bash Trump why dont you just create a new thread titled "I hate Trump" and include everything you are angry about. Now if you care to respond to the 10 examples I provided feel free to do so in this thread.   

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Stop deflecting BRB...I stated above I did not condone Trumps rhetoric in 2016 and am talking about a TREND among MANY different voices on the Democratic side SINCE Trumps election. If you want to deflect to bash Trump why dont you just create a new thread titled "I hate Trump" and include everything you are angry about. Now if you care to respond to the 10 examples I provided feel free to do so in this thread.   

I'm not deflecting at all.  I specifically said that the violence you listed is unacceptable.  

However, Trump is the leader of our country and he should be setting the tone in the country.  Instead of trying to calm violence for political purposes, I've shown where he has promoted it.  He also has warned America about violence if the GOP loses.  Why would he need to do that????  I've also shown reasons for taking Trump's warning serious when you consider how violent the right has been.

Your post is nothing more than to try to condemn one side by acting like the left is so violent that we all should be supporting the right politically...you know....because they are sitting around singing Kumbaya.  

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm not deflecting at all.  I specifically said that the violence you listed is unacceptable.  

However, Trump is the leader of our country and he should be setting the tone in the country.  Instead of trying to calm violence for political purposes, I've shown where he has promoted it.  He also has warned America about violence if the GOP loses.  Why would he need to do that????  I've also shown reasons for taking Trump's warning serious when you consider how violent the right has been.

Your post is nothing more than to try to condemn one side by acting like the left is so violent that we all should be supporting the right politically...you know....because they are sitting around singing Kumbaya.  

Trumps comments in the CNN article you posted was referring to all the recent violence from the Left...he was not calling on taking violent actions or intimidation as was the case in the 10 examples I provided.  

How many Democrats in Congress have been shot at or attacked at their home in the past couple years. How many Democrats in Congress have been chased out of restaurants? Please share with me those examples you have.  

• Plus1 2
Just now, HuskerNation1 said:

How many Democrats in Congress have been shot at or attacked at their home in the past couple years. How many Democrats in Congress have been chased out of restaurants? Please share with me those examples you have.  

Totally unacceptable.  Why do you think hate crimes have risen recently?

25 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I guess I don't get the point of this topic.  What would you like for those of us on the left that are not doing the things described above to do?  

Call on your Democratic leaders to condemn it...acknowledge its a growing problem with the left... with both elected officials and activists.  Thats a starting point. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Call on your Democratic leaders to condemn it...acknowledge its a growing problem with the left... with both elected officials and activists.  Thats a starting point. 

Those Democratic leaders aren't any less your leaders than my leaders.

I don't know where you live.  But, I don't have any Democrats representing me in Washington and I'm not a Democrat.

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Why do you think there is a spike in hate crimes?  This is a great topic and a growing concern of mine.  Thanks for starting it.

FBI: US hate crimes rise for second straight year

You are attempting to intermix a different topic to create confusion and derail the topic at hand. If you are concerned about hate crime start a new thread on it. This thread is focused on violence and intimidation TARGETING elected Republicans that leading voices on the left are inciting.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
Just now, BigRedBuster said:

Those Democratic leaders aren't any less your leaders than my leaders.

I don't know where you live.  But, I don't have any Democrats representing me in Washington and I'm not a Democrat.

As an American you can contact any elected leader with your concerns...and it appears you understand how to engage in forums and social media...you can use those avenues to condemn this behavior.   

• Plus1 2
Just now, HuskerNation1 said:

You are attempting to intermix a different topic to create confusion and derail the topic at hand. If you are concerned about hate crime start a new thread on it. This thread is focused on violence and intimidation TARGETING elected Republicans that leading voices on the left are inciting.  

Oh....I thought maybe it would be about political violence and when a President promotes it....I thought that would be a good point of discussion.

Let me ask you this.  When a normally non-violent kid on a play ground gets confronted by a bully, does that normally non-violent kid ever have any type of violent reaction towards the bully?

So....we have a society where this violence is not the norm.  We throw a bully into the mix that has promoted violence towards the other side.  Now....as unacceptable as it is......do you see any reason why a normal response from the other side might be violent?

Again....It is not acceptable and I don't condone it.

2 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

As an American you can contact any elected leader with your concerns...and it appears you understand how to engage in forums and social media...you can use those avenues to condemn this behavior.   

I've said I condemn it.  I've never supported it.  I've said that to anyone in any discussion I've ever had about it.

I want to start by saying that these tactics are irresponsible in some cases and reprehensible in others. 

32 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

One thing that should concern all Americans is the growing anger from the Left that is promoting or resorting to violence since Trump was elected.  I fully understand Trump used fiery rhetoric at rallies in 2016 and condemn those too, but the trend since Trumps election against Republicans is prevalent and downright scary. 

1. June 14 2017-A Progressive maniac opens fire at a GOP baseball practice which could have killed all Republican members there had the Capitol Police not been present, including my local Congressman who is a family friend.  This is one of the reprehensible examples. Person with a mental illness snaps and opens fire. I think this is more of a mental health issue than a party line attack. You can't start blaming the entire party for a lone wolf, or party's would be held responsible for other things done in their name by the mentally unstable.

2. November 4, 2017-A neighbor who sympathizes with the left assaulted Rand Paul breaking his ribs among other injuries he suffered. This guy's an a$$hole. An unintelligent human who had nothing left in his argument against Paul and resorted to his baser more primal instincts.

3. June 2018-Democrat Maxine Waters calls on Liberals to not allow Republicans to eat or sleep and stated "If you see anybody from the Cabinet in a restsurant, dept store, or gas station, get out and create a crowd and push back on them and tell them they are not welcome anymore, anywhere." I'm okay with having debate with members of government, but there is a time and place. Walters just seems to be stoking a fire here and asking for an issue to come up. Rhetoric like this needs to be tempered. Be passionate but reasonable.

4. June 2018-Sarah Sanders told to leave restaurant where she and family were enjoying a meal. This one I think goes back to the business' right to refuse service to whom ever they want. Just like the Colorado baker. For religious reasons, declined to bake a gay wedding cake. Maybe Sanders behaved in a way that went against the business owners belief system. Their choice to deal with the consequences of denying service.

5. July 2018-Cory Booker delivers speech encouraging crowd to "Get up in the face" of Congress officials they dont agree with. See 3. Time and place and try to be patient if the person you are speaking to is ignoring you. 

6. Mitch McConell chased out of restaurant by angry left mob. Again, see 3. 

7. GOP House Candidate Rudy Peters attacked by man with switchblade by man screaming "Fu*k Trump." See 1. 

8. Ted Cruz and wife chased out of restaurant by angry left mob. See 3

9. October 2018-Hillary Clinton promotes the lack of civility on the Left and states that civility can start again onky if the Dems take control. In other words its ok for Progressives to continue to be uncivil if they are not in power. I'll start by saying Clinton and her husband seemed shady for a while. Didn't vote for her. She thought she was going to be the next president, partly because the person she was running against seemed to be an uncivil, brash, New York business man. She saw that opponent tap into a deep anger in a portion of our populous that had never been explored before. Usually the person acting more civil would win out. They seem more reasoned, more thoughtful. She lost and doesn't see a reason to maintain that same decorum if it's going to cost you a job. I don't want any of our leaders acting the way I've witnessing. I don't think it's good to drum up that kind of movement because an individual can have angry thoughts. That same person will usually understand that to behave in such a way and act on their angrier impulses would be frowned upon by society. Put that person in a group who all have been lathered up in anger, and there is a strength in numbers mentality. It makes it worse if those doing the lathering are leaders. Both sides need to stop "energizing" their bases in these ways. 

10. October 2018-Former Obama Atty General states that, "when the opposition goes low, we kick them." This was taken from an interview from CNN. There was more to the quote. Basically stating "turning the other cheek" isn't going to work anymore.  "When I say we kick them, I don't mean we do anything inappropriate, we don't do anything illegal, but we have to be tough and we have to fight," he said later.

This is just a short list and does not include the over the top tactics we have seen from some comedians and members of Hollywood as well as in recent weeks in DC with the Kavanugh hearings. We have also seen Antifa and other left wing radical groups use their tactics to shut down free speech by Conservative voices like Ben Shapiro and others. I am fully supportive of peaceful protests in our nation but it appears that key voices in the left are pushing for intimidation and confrontation instead of peaceful protests. I am in full agreement with Rand Paul that somebody is going to get seriously injured or killed if this trend continues....and he is speaking from experience.

BRB....You are trying to blame Trump for the actions of others in the ten factual examples I provided. You have already shared how much you hate Trump, but I think that is clouding your judgment here.  We are seeing GOP members of Congress....not Democratic members of Congress....being targeted over and over. We have the former Dem Presidential nominee just this week stating it was ok to not be civil, and the former Atty General for the last Dem President stating to kick Republicans. 

• Plus1 1