Bracketology 2019

41 minutes ago, Mavric said:

It does seem like the Huskers are going to benefit from two big factors - the B1G is much better this year than it was last year and other conferences are not very good.  I've seen a couple different places predicting the B1G will get 10 teams in and leagues like the Pac-12 might only get 1 or 2.

10 seems like a lot of teams to get in.

I think it is safe to say these B1G teams are probably not getting in unless they make a major run:

Penn State

Illinois

Rutgers

Northwestern

Now we still have 10 teams left and while I think you could make an argument for all 10 to a point, I think they start to cancel eachother out even if the season ended today. 

Its crazy that teams 4-10 are only split by 1.5 games. 

I think we will see some teams come back to where they should be and sort of assume Ohio State, Wisconsin and Minnesota could be the three teams that fall out. 

Good news:  Rutgers and PSU are still pretty bad

Bad news:  Illinois just beat Minny by 30, their 5 star PG/SG has gone for 20+ four out of the last five games and their gimmicky defense can cause problems.

Good news:  Michigan is due for a loss...who will be the team to beat them in conference?

Bad news:  Huskers have zero bench at all and the Big Ten is a freaking grind.

• Plus1 2

21 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Good news:  Rutgers and PSU are still pretty bad

Bad news:  Illinois just beat Minny by 30, their 5 star PG/SG has gone for 20+ four out of the last five games and their gimmicky defense can cause problems.

Good news:  Michigan is due for a loss...who will be the team to beat them in conference?

Bad news:  Huskers have zero bench at all and the Big Ten is a freaking grind.

Buch is Buch.  We need Harris to get back in to playing shape and Nana to find his stroke.   If not, we are going to wear down!

We win out at home and either win two on the road or win one on the road and in the tourney and we should be in. Every team will probably have a bad loss outside of Duke and the Elite teams. I wonder if we would get in going 20-11 or 21-12. 

Needless to say, it gets only tougher from here on out but these next 12 games will determine what team we have. 

21 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

We win out at home and either win two on the road or win one on the road and in the tourney and we should be in. Every team will probably have a bad loss outside of Duke and the Elite teams. I wonder if we would get in going 20-11 or 21-12. 

Needless to say, it gets only tougher from here on out but these next 12 games will determine what team we have. 

Our Non-conference is a pretty strong resume. I think we can afford to go 10-10 in B1G play and be ok. 

3-5 in conference play right now.

Here is how we finish up

Home(7 games): Ohio State, Wisconsin, Maryland, Minnesota, Northwestern, Purdue, Iowa

Away(5 games): Illinois, Purdue, Penn State, Michigan, Michigan State

We tend to be really good at home, so I put Ohio State, Wisconsin, MN, NW and Iowa as wins. Maryland and Purdue our toss ups.

Away games. I put Purdue, Michigan and MSU as losses. Honestly, we should beat Illinois and Penn State but who knows anymore. I put them as wins.

So, lets say that happens and trying to be a realist we lose to Maryland and Purdue. Neither are bad losses.

We end up 7-5 and finish 10-10.

I think 10-10 puts us somewhere around 7-10 ballpark. We would be 20-11 overall. Because of how deep the B1G is, I think we get in.

The Rutgers loss doesnt sink our battleship but it does put a stain on our resume and honestly, you dont want to give the committee any little stain to boot you out. 

I could have gotten over the loss if Rutgers just had an amazing night and was shooting lights out... They didnt. They looked awful and yet we simply didnt do anything to stop that. I think we should have beaten that team by 30...