Bracketology 2019

On 10/12/2018 at 12:16 PM, teachercd said:

As long as NU doesn't drop games to the bottom 4 teams they will be in with ease.

On 10/13/2018 at 4:09 PM, It'sNotAFakeID said:

Man I can't wait to be let down by the basketball team too!

On 11/19/2018 at 12:13 AM, DrinkinwitTerrellFarley said:

Now on the #2 seed line....and an 18% chance of making the Final 4......I think I'm dizzy and need to sit down for awhile

image.png.c57d02eccd02b1f3526f54bd60338552.png

On 11/19/2018 at 9:13 AM, seaofred92 said:

I love the optimism but this team has to prove to me that it can consistently perform at a high level away from PBA before I say we have a 20% chance of the final four

These are fun to look back on

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

https://theathletic.com/807032/2019/02/08/bubble-watch-when-in-doubt-blame-the-pac-12/

Nebraska (12-10, 3-9 — NET: 36, SOS: 99): For the past month, we’ve marveled at how much different Nebraska’s situation was this season, relative to a year ago, when the Cornhuskers went 13-5 in a bad Big Ten and didn’t get all that close to an at-large bid. This season, the Big Ten is better, and Nebraska’s metrics are better, and so surely an improved Huskers team would take advantage of both of these facts on the way to an NCAA Tournament bid. Ahem. After a 13-4 start, Nebraska has lost six in a row. The latest — Wednesday’s 60-45 home loss to Maryland — felt like the nadir. Then again, Tim Miles’ team has to play Purdue in Mackey Arena on Saturday, so maybe Nebraska hasn’t yet found its bottom.

Either way, we’re at the point now where a team that seemed relatively safe even a couple of weeks ago has fallen all the way down to the cut line. If a win at Purdue is too much to ask (and it probably is), three straight against Minnesota, Northwestern and Penn State before the Boilers make a return trip to Lincoln on Feb. 23 is a reasonable request. Nebraska needs to turn things around, and soon.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

You need to cut back on the red Kool aid.  We might have to send you to a addiction center :D

They did what they had to do last night. They also absolutely need to beat Penn State and Northwestern. They also have to steal at least two of the last four. 8-12 in the conference is awful for this team, but the NET loves them, and 18-13 overall (plus a game or two in the B1G tournament) might get them in.