Bracketology 2019

6 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

They did what they had to do last night. They also absolutely need to beat Penn State and Northwestern. They also have to steal at least two of the last four. 8-12 in the conference is awful for this team, but the NET loves them, and 18-13 overall (plus a game or two in the B1G tournament) might get them in. 

I agree, but I think they need to throw in a signature win like Purdue or Mich.  Perfect scenario to have NW & Penn st. before these 2 games.

The committee does take into account how you finish.

If Nebraska were to lets say go 5-1 and win a game in the B1G tourney they might have a shot but honestly I dont think this team can do that. 

If they played how they are capable of playing, then I could maybe see it but when the pressure is on this team crumbles.

I can honestly say I would be shocked to see this team make the tourney. 

Lets start with winning the next two games. Lose one of those and I dont think they can get in unless they win the Big Ten Tourney. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Minnesota_husker said:

If Nebraska were to lets say go 5-1 and win a game in the B1G tourney they might have a shot but honestly I dont think this team can do that. 

If they played how they are capable of playing, then I could maybe see it but when the pressure is on this team crumbles.

Lets start with winning the next two games. Lose one of those and I dont think they can get in unless they win the Big Ten Tourney. 

We could win the last 4 games or lose all of them.  I think we were lucky last night, because both Allen & Roby had an off shooting night.  We need to have 3 scores 15+ to have a chance.  

3 hours ago, Minnesota_husker said:

If that 5-1 scenario happened, I’d be shocked if Nebrasketball wasn’t in.

34 minutes ago, Big red surfers said:

They won’t 4 games the rest of the year. Last nights game was a gift. Still the same team. Zero offense and bad coaching.  I have no idea why people still think we can go dancing. 

I don't see a path to the NCAA at this point.

They should beat Northwestern on Saturday.  They could beat Penn State Tuesday.  Any other wins would be big upsets.  Iowa would be a little less of an upset with it being Senior night, but even that would only put them at 17-14 (at best) and headed to the NIT.

8 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

I don't see a path to the NCAA at this point.

They should beat Northwestern on Saturday.  They could beat Penn State Tuesday.  Any other wins would be big upsets.  Iowa would be a little less of an upset with it being Senior night, but even that would only put them at 17-14 (at best) and headed to the NIT.

Agreed!  They would have to get in the finals of the Big10 tournament.  They need to get some quality wins, more than one.  We need to beat NW & Penn St., but they are not in the quality section!

3 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Agreed!  They would have to get in the finals of the Big10 tournament.  They need to get some quality wins, more than one.  We need to beat NW & Penn St., but they are not in the quality section!

Technically Penn State would be a Q1 win - they are 69th in the NET rankings and it's a road game, but I get your point.  I think if they somehow (miracle, everyone on the other team gets food poisoning?) got to 17-14 and then made the Semi's in the B1G tournament they'd probably be in.

Just now, B.B. Hemingway said:

15-11 after the Northwestern win.

@Penn St

Purdue

@Mich

@Mich St

Iowa

18-13 is probably the best case scenario? Don't know if that would be good enough.... My guess would be no, with a 8-12 conference record.

To get in, I think we would have to win 4 of the last 5 and probably win a game in the big ten tourney. Or if we win 3 of the last 5 we would have to win a couple of games in the big ten tournament.

On 2/14/2019 at 10:00 AM, Minnesota_husker said:

I love that the committee says...

We don't care how a team finishes

We don't care about Non-con record

We don't care about conference record

Okay...soooooo 

9 hours ago, Mavric said:

Interesting how two home wins over a mediocre and a bad B1G team suddenly get the tourney juices flowing again.

And how quickly they come crashing back down.

I mean the metrics were still there for it to be discussed. If you look around at the various bracket sites/bubble watches we were (are) still on them because our numbers are so high.

We're not making the dance but it was completely fair conversation based off our NET rating and SOS