Bracketology 2019

Even with the awful year Nebrasketball had, it is crazy to actually look at their resume.

I honestly dont think they get in unless they win the B1G Tournament, but it is crazy to think that if they would have just won two more games in League play, they would have been 8-12... That would have tied them with Ohio State and Indiana(both bubble teams).

If they beat Wisconsin, they are at 19 wins. I still think it is crazy to discuss the tourney with how bad this team was in that stretch(2-11).

Who knows. I still dont think it happens for us but I am enjoying these last two games. 

That all said, Regardless of what happens(outside a tournament bid and win) I still think we need to move on from Miles. I would then turnaround and hire him to do radio or something :)

Since it seems like an NIT invite might be plausible at this point....

Not going to get to 22 but at least we're finishing strong.

Non-Con Must-Have Wins - Need All 7 - Check

Miss Valley St - SE Louisiana Seton Hall - Missouri St - Western Illinois - CSU Fullerton - Southwest Minnesota

Non-Con Toss-Ups - Need 2 - Plus 1

Clemson - Creighton - Oklahoma State - Texas Tech

Conference Must-Have Wins - Need 6 - Down 3

Illinois - Penn State - Rutgers - Illinois - Northwestern - Penn State

"Other" Conference Home Games - Need 5 - Down 3

Michigan State - Ohio State - Wisconsin - Maryland - Minnesota - Purdue - Iowa

"Other" Conference Road Games - Need 1 - Check

Minnesota - Maryland - Iowa - Indiana - Purdue - Michigan - Michigan State

Conference Tournament - Need 1 - Plus 1

Rutgers - Maryland - Wisconsin

NET Rankings - Huskers #49 as of 3/15

Quad 1 (3) - Clemson (35), Indiana (53), Maryland (29)

Quad 2 (6) - Seton Hall (59), Creighton (52), Oklahoma St (80), Penn St (47), Minnesota (57), Iowa (41)

Quad 3 (3) - Northwestern (91), Illinois (109), Rutgers (101)

Quad 4 (5) - MVS (349), SELA (251), MO St (162), WIll (302), Cal-Fullerton (197)

Quad 1 Losses (11) - Texas Tech (10), Minnesota (57), Maryland (29, x2), Iowa (41), Michigan State (8, x2), Wisconsin (16), Purdue (12, x2), Michigan (9)

Quad 2 Losses (4) - Rutgers (101), Ohio State (55), Illinois (109), Penn State (47)

Quadrant 1: Home 1-30; Neutral 1-50; Away 1-75
Quadrant 2: Home 31-75; Neutral 51-100; Away 76-135
Quadrant 3: Home 76-160; Neutral 101-200; Away 136-240
Quadrant 4: Home 161-plus; Neutral 201-plus; Away 241-plus

Edited by Mavric
12 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I honestly dont think they get in unless they win the B1G Tournament, but it is crazy to think that if they would have just won two more games in League play, they would have been 8-12... That would have tied them with Ohio State and Indiana(both bubble teams).

If they beat Wisconsin, they are at 19 wins. I still think it is crazy to discuss the tourney with how bad this team was in that stretch(2-11).

If we wouldn't have pooped the bed against Rutgers and Illinois....

Of course, that would have changed our seeding in the tournament so who knows how that would have changed as well.  We'd have one less win at the least (wouldn't have played on Wednesday) but....

3 minutes ago, Mavric said:

If we wouldn't have pooped the bed against Rutgers and Illinois....

Of course, that would have changed our seeding in the tournament so who knows how that would have changed as well.  We'd have one less win at the least (wouldn't have played on Wednesday) but....

Well weren't we the first Power 5 conference team with 22 wins last year and not make the tourney.  It would be interesting to be on the positive result this time for making a first.

26 minutes ago, RavHuskr said:

Well weren't we the first Power 5 conference team with 22 wins last year and not make the tourney.  It would be interesting to be on the positive result this time for making a first.

A year ago...needed one (or at least one or more) B1G tourney win to make it to the dance due to schedule strength. This year, I don't know what to think after the last week. A win vs Wisconsin today and it keeps getting interesting. I think the NIT is the future for this team and a week or two ago I thought no way.

Funny thing, I live in Indiana and the ridiculous Hoosier fans are wanting Archie gone and thinking IU will decline an NIT invite because it is 'beneath' them. When I went to NU and visited KU for different things, it had the same feel of IU...entitlement, elitism 

GBR! 

34 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Unbelievable, with our ranking 2 more wins would of got us in. 

I know those Minnesota/Maryland losses... gut feeling on where we end up in the NIT? Really hoping for a two seed and at least one possibly two home games. But thinking we end up a 4/5 seed. 

1 hour ago, iLoveLamp said:

I know those Minnesota/Maryland losses... gut feeling on where we end up in the NIT? Really hoping for a two seed and at least one possibly two home games. But thinking we end up a 4/5 seed. 

Add the game at Rutgers as games they should have won.