seaofred92

Bracketology 2019

I live in a part of southern Ohio where most folks are fans of the Bengals. There have been a couple of times in the past few years when the Bengals have started 3-0 and people around here start talking about the Super Bowl. To me, this concept is on a similar level of unreasonable premature absurdity as folks talking about Nebraska basketball in the Final Four.

1 hour ago, Ulty said:

I live in a part of southern Ohio where most folks are fans of the Bengals. There have been a couple of times in the past few years when the Bengals have started 3-0 and people around here start talking about the Super Bowl. To me, this concept is on a similar level of unreasonable premature absurdity as folks talking about Nebraska basketball in the Final Four.

EDAFF4FC-2A32-406D-A349-6918E93E4FFB.gif

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ulty said:

Wait? Who is talking Final Four?

WE ARE TALKING CHAMPIONSHIP!

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, Ulty said:

Us Bengals fans come back to reality when we either get crushed by the Steelers a few times or we get crushed in the first round of the playoffs. Just enjoy the ride while it lasts. 

12 hours ago, Ulty said:

Final Four? I just want to win 1 NCAA tournament game.

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

112918_bracket-3.jpg.webp

Wow...while this path would assuredly help us get our first NCAA Tourney win...we'd be screwed after. We'd likely have to play North Carolina...then likely Nevada, then likely Gonzaga. 

That's a hard row to plow right there for *ANY* school, let alone DoNU. 

Update - Changing to 22 because that's what we had last year but got left out

So, going off the above, he's my "Checklist for 22"

Non-Con Must-Have Wins - Need All 7 - On Pace

Miss Valley St - SE LouisianaSeton Hall - Missouri St - Western Illinois - CSU Fullerton - Southwest Minnesota

Non-Con Toss-Ups - Need 2 - Check

Clemson - Creighton - Oklahoma State - Texas Tech

Conference Must-Have Wins - Need 6

Illinois - Penn State - Rutgers - Illinois - Northwestern - Penn State

"Other" Conference Home Games - Need 5

Michigan State - Ohio State - Wisconsin - Maryland - Minnesota - Purdue - Iowa

"Other" Conference Road Games - Need 1

Minnesota - Maryland - Iowa - Indiana - Purdue - Michigan - Michigan State

Conference Tournament - Need 1

Edited by Mavric
Updated
  • Plus1 3

Win the next 2 and the collapse at MN becomes an afterthought.

Ideally for every home B1G loss we can win +1 on the road (so if we lose 1 home game, need to win 2 road games; if we lose 2 home games, need to win 3 road games; etc).  Doing that would put us at least at 11-9 in conference.  With everyone touting how tough the B1G will be, that should be good to get in.

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Win the next 2 and the collapse at MN becomes an afterthought.

Ideally for every home B1G loss we can win +1 on the road (so if we lose 1 home game, need to win 2 road games; if we lose 2 home games, need to win 3 road games; etc).  Doing that would put us at least at 11-9 in conference.  With everyone touting how tough the B1G will be, that should be good to get in.

So in two conference games we've gone from being a dark-horse title contender to middle-of-the-pack?

4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

So in two conference games we've gone from being a dark-horse title contender to middle-of-the-pack?

I am just talking about making the tournament.  Not sure where I was talking about a formula to win the conference.

5 hours ago, Red Five said:

I am just talking about making the tournament.  Not sure where I was talking about a formula to win the conference.

Sorry, that wasn't supposed to be trying to argue with you.  Just interesting that we've often been picked near the top of the conference and now you brought up being barely over .500 in conference.  That's a bit of a switch.

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

No one wants to just make the tournament.  You jump in as a 10 seed and you lose then what?  Last night was an example of the types of games that separate a 5-6 seed from a 9-10 seed.  The expectation this season is not to make the tournament, it’s to make the tournament and win games.  The thought of not making the tourney with this roster would mean an implosion, we need to worry about seeding.  

16 hours ago, Mavric said:

From my short time following this dude, he seems to think Miles is super great and the team is awesome and sunshine and rainbows

4 minutes ago, GSG said:

From my short time following this dude, he seems to think Miles is super great and the team is awesome and sunshine and rainbows

Trying to balance it out over the long haul.  Barfy was over-negative about Nebraska.  Now his replacement is on the other end.

5 hours ago, The Cornfather said:

So I just was catching up on news and saw that Seton Hall beat Kentucky... that's got to be good for us right?

Very good fot us. I watched the last 5 minutes of regulation & OT. Was an amazing game to watch.

50 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

Jerry Palm updated his projection today on CBS Sports.  Six seed in Jacksonville vs Utah State.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/bracketology/

I gotta admit, it'd be pretty cool to see Nebraska get to the Sweet 16 even if it meant getting their heads caved in by Duke.