The Angry Violent Right

4 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Michelle Obama was following protocol by curtsying to the Queen.

Eh.

There's a longstanding tradition where Americans don't bow to foreign rulers, especially unelected rulers.  But I think it's like the Flag Code - it's more a suggestion than a hardened-fast rule.

So whether she should have bowed or not is probably up to interpretation.  Personally, I could bow to a King or Queen out of deference to their position in the same way that I'd shake a CEO's hand and give a little head nod as I do it.  Doesn't mean I'm surrendering my nation's sovereignty while I do it. :D

11 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Eh.

There's a longstanding tradition where Americans don't bow to foreign rulers, especially unelected rulers.  But I think it's like the Flag Code - it's more a suggestion than a hardened-fast rule.

So whether she should have bowed or not is probably up to interpretation.  Personally, I could bow to a King or Queen out of deference to their position in the same way that I'd shake a CEO's hand and give a little head nod as I do it.  Doesn't mean I'm surrendering my nation's sovereignty while I do it. :D

This is the photo I thought it was about (when I was looking on phone), so I just assumed she must have curtsied. But when I actually look it up using the word "curtsy" there's nothing else. This is more like a Michelle is really tall compared to the queen thing. It's hilarious looking back at what people complained about before.

article-1166490-04394AE3000005DC-604_634

9 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Sean and Tucker still haven't stepped foot in here... Interesting.

I didn't expect them to. None of the Trumpsters on this board want to acknowledge any of the realities of their party.  They want to pretend the Fox & Friends narrative is true and anything that runs counter to that is to be ignored or shouted over. 

5cUTiu3.jpg

• Plus1 2

34 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

wouldn't the proper name for them  be "brown shirts"?

13 hours ago, knapplc said:

I'd have to see video of it to be sure. 

Even if she did... eh. I don't care.  George W. Bush bowed to some Middle Eastern ruler and Trump danced a jig with the Saudis and we're still standing.  American supremacy can override just about anything these days.

Submitted without comment.

5922f54834911b297f8b4c85-750-563.jpg

• Plus1 1
18 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I don’t expect racists to be capable of reason and I don’t know why I care enough to bring this up since the woman is a racist, but Michelle Obama was following protocol by curtsying to the Queen. So is she supposed to break protocol or follow it? Also, the Queen touched her back and clearly loved the Obamas.

I honestly don’t see how anyone can dislike Michelle Obama other than for her stance on abortion or due to their racism. I can’t think of a single other reason.

What about the school lunch program ? Did you see all that icky healthy food she tried to get the kids to eat ? Ewww I know I would have been cussing her for that when I was a kid . The injustice ! Lol :P

13 minutes ago, Big Red 40 said:

What about the school lunch program ? Did you see all that icky healthy food she tried to get the kids to eat ? Ewww I know I would have been cussing her for that when I was a kid . The injustice ! Lol :P

She took a LOT of heat for that, including right here on HuskerBoard.  The allegation was that kids were going hungry because the food was inedible and they were throwing it away. Remember all the videos of kids throwing their lunch in the trash?

• Plus1 1

20 minutes ago, knapplc said:

She took a LOT of heat for that, including right here on HuskerBoard.  The allegation was that kids were going hungry because the food was inedible and they were throwing it away. Remember all the videos of kids throwing their lunch in the trash?

5 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Also a lot of gripes that the one size fits all portions we're not enough for active kids.

I can buy that the portions were too small, but not that it was inedible. Kids who eat sweets, potato chips, pizza, hot dogs, and McDonald’s at home are going to think fruits and vegetables are “inedible.”

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Big Red 40 said:

It was a joke to me  but I guess I can kind of see some merit to the gripes . To me her intentions were good and if attempting to help stop childhood obesity is the worst thing you did I’d say you did pretty well . 

Ya. I have read the jokes and complaints. It’s another way to hate her while pretending it has nothing to do with her being Black. 

Hating her is a lot like hating Laura Bush. i.e. it makes no sense. Laura Bush influenced NCLB which was a disaster but I don’t dislike her for it.

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, knapplc said:

I didn't expect them to. None of the Trumpsters on this board want to acknowledge any of the realities of their party.  They want to pretend the Fox & Friends narrative is true and anything that runs counter to that is to be ignored or shouted over. 

5cUTiu3.jpg

Post something worth commenting on and I’ll be happy to chime in. Until then, this thread is like roughly 200 others that the 99% of the Board who are anti-Trumpers post. It’s simply tiresome. Welcome to Bubble Board, where virtually everyone agrees on virtually everything. Some ‘discussion’ board. :facepalm:

Of course there are right-wing extremists, just like there are left-wing extremists. Lately, there seem to be more left-wing crazies, but that could be because they’re so visible. The endless parade of hairy, angry, and shrieking lesbians in vagina hats is hard to forget.

:lol:

• Thanks 1