The Angry Violent Right

10 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Really????

This  (since we're fixing typos :thumbs) has the potential to do a huge amount of damage to actual anti racist efforts and gives more power to pathetic racists. 

Thank you for correcting my “couldn’t” :) but no, it won’t matter to me.  Rational people will still know that minorities face challenges that most heterosexual white people dont.  

And stupid racists were still going to be stupid racists even if it were real.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Alabama newspaper editor calls on KKK to lynch Democrats

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47295551?ocid=socialflow_twitter

"If we could get the Klan to go up there and clean out DC we'd all been better off," he said. "We'll get the hemp ropes out, loop them over a tall limb and hang all of them."

i wonder if our dear leader will condemn this?   i also wonder how long it would take him to declare a national emergency if it was a democrat saying the same things about republicans?

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

@HuskerNBigD was the first to say it, but we were all thinking it. 

You have to wonder what would drive someone who is by all appearances doing well in life to fake something like this.

Or this.

You gotta think mentally they're not in a great place. Hope that dude gets right because you can't be doing that hot if you go to such extremes to make something like this up.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

You have to wonder what would drive someone who is by all appearances doing well in life to fake something like this.

Or this.

You gotta think mentally they're not in a great place. Hope that dude gets right because you can't be doing that hot if you go to such extremes to make something like this up.

I've been thinking about this lately, but it seems like to be a great artist of any kind there has to be some kind of trauma (I'm not saying this guy is necessarily great at what he does though)  be it emotional, mental, physical, etc. Likewise, the arts seem to lend themselves to people who are, for lack of a better word, damaged. It gives them an outlet to express themselves. I think that's why you see so much addiction, a depression, suicide, etc. Just my random deep thoughts this week.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, ZRod said:

I've been thinking about this lately, but it seems like to be a great artist of any kind there has to be some kind of trauma (I'm not saying this guy is necessarily great at what he does though)  be it emotional, mental, physical, etc. Likewise, the arts seem to lend themselves to people who are, for lack of a better word, damaged. It gives them an outlet to express themselves. I think that's why you see so much addiction, a depression, suicide, etc. Just my random deep thoughts this week.

You're not wrong. This seems a lot like something I read once, though I'd never remember where.

It could be somewhat of a chicken & egg situation - do people with those qualities wind up in those professions, or do those professions further damage susceptible people?