The Angry Violent Right

On 2/16/2019 at 7:48 PM, BigRedBuster said:

Really????

Thus has the potential to do a huge amount of damage to actual anti racist efforts and gives more power to pathetic racists. 

Blaming conservatives because yet another fake hate crime has been revealed 

This is all too common

from the Air Force academy

to the head of the naacp in Georgia caught on video not being abused but treated politely by a trooper 

to an African American pastor burning down his own church

covington kids 

to right here in Lincoln the faked “attack” on a lesbian

there are literally hundreds of these type of incidents happening in the last 2 years

trying to incite hatred in these false attacks reveals the disruptive and hateful hearts of many on the left who love to see events that seem to support their narrative

Then  another round of media hysteria and righteous condemnation and finger pointing at the evil white man

isnt that what we should all be fighting against - instead of trying to paint a group of people into a corner and evaluating each individual on their own merit?

a bridge too far is this notion that blacks have it worse off than ever,  and most whites are racists - it hurts their cause

im guessing those supporting this narrative must have not known about Jim Crow, civil rights and voting legislation, affirmative action, hiring quotas, college entrance points systems, the trillions spent on social spending and the great progress made in interracial marriage and race relations in just the last 50 years 

• Plus1 1

14 minutes ago, OTHusker said:

This is all too common

from the Air Force academy

to the head of the naacp in Georgia caught on video not being abused but treated politely by a trooper 

to an African American pastor burning down his own church

to right here in Lincoln the faked “attack” on a lesbian

there are literally hundreds of these type of incidents happening in the last 2 years

trying to incite hatred in these false attacks reveals the disruptive and hateful hearts of many on the left who love to see events that seem to support their narrative

Then  another round of media hysteria and righteous condemnation and finger pointing at the evil white man

isnt that what we should all be fighting against - instead of trying to paint a group of people into a corner instead of evaluating each individual on their own merit?

You're right. Bigots, racists, homphobes, xenophobes and abusers do a good enough job painting themselves into a corner already as we've seen in this thread. Falsifying attacks of any kind and lying to police is reprehensible.

• Plus1 4

Unfortunately

anyone who doesn’t toe the line in the USA now is labeled with a string of bad words and then attempts are made to shame them

instead of discussing facts

same playbook 

same results 

shame on discussing truths and facts when that side disagrees with what’s being discussed 

name calling and shame tactics is almost always the chosen weapon

in some areas polite disagreement is even labeled hate speech which many people want banned- with no regard for the first amendment 

btw I’m not a trump supporter by any stretch I think he’s a buffoon  and I’m all for more legal immigration - since most millennials have no interest in doing anything that doesn’t require a 4 year degree and requires getting dirty 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, OTHusker said:

anyone who doesn’t toe the line in the USA now is labeled with a string of bad words and then attempts are made to shame them

I think we can all agree on this. Trump enabling the white supremacists and calling them "very fine people," the "lock her up" chants that go on at his rallies to this day, the inciting of attacks on the press... it's scary out there to be labeled something other than conservative. Kamala Harris, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Corey Booker, all labeled and dismissed daily.

8 minutes ago, OTHusker said:

shame on discussing truths and facts when that side disagrees with what’s being discussed  

Yeah, we have people on this very board trying to shame those of us who use "too many links" to provide factual evidence in a discussion. It's crazy.

9 minutes ago, OTHusker said:

Yep. How many of us are constantly called "libs" or "dems" or whatever pet diminutive the angry anti-truthers want to use. But it's only shaming if you accept their opprobrium, remember that.

11 minutes ago, OTHusker said:

in some areas polite disagreement is even labeled hate speech which many people want banned- with no regard for the first amendment 

Amen, man. Amen. I remember when there was a request by two or three members right here on HuskerBoard to have a separate conservatives-only section of P&R so they didn't have to listen to "the libs." People complain to the Mods about "the libs" all the time, trying to stop the voices of people they disagree with.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, OTHusker said:

since most millennials have no interest in doing anything that doesn’t require a 4 year degree and requires getting dirty 

:facepalm:

Most jobs that used to not require a degree now require a degree. Many millennials who go to college go to college out of necessity, and then do jobs that have nothing to do with their major because they have to.

Also, illegal immigration was at its peak about 20 years ago. Pretty sure the illegal immigrants didn't come here back then without jobs available. So you're blaming millennials for not doing jobs that their predecessors also didn't do.

Related, looks like the gap in unemployment rate hasn't changed much over the years.

us-unemployment-rate-by-age.jpg

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

Unfortunately

same playbook 

same results 

btw I’m not a trump supporter by any stretch I think he’s a buffoon  and I’m all for more legal immigration - since most millennials have no interest in doing anything that doesn’t require a 4 year degree and requires getting dirty 

Nice. 

• Plus1 3
8 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

us-unemployment-rate-by-age.jpg

I've worked on some economic development committees that have looked at very similar graphs.  After diving into it, it's actually pretty interesting.

First, you notice that the 16-24 year old is the most unemployed.  This is pretty logical.  From 16-18, they are still in HS.  From 18-24, many are in college.  While many in that group will have a part time job, it's logical that the unemployment rate is much higher.  Many are also still living with Mom and Dad.

Then, you go into the 25-34 age group.  This is when most women are having children and many stay home to take care of the kids.  Once the kids get into school, the percentage of women staying home drops.  

What this graph actually shows is that no one age group has been "left behind" in the economic growth since 2009.  They all have improved in the unemployment numbers fairly equally.  

• Plus1 1

Unfortunately

same playbook 

same results 

As an Industrial Tech teacher, I'd say the problem is more with the PARENTS having no interest in their kids doing anything that doesn't require a 4 year degree and requires getting dirty.  The kids in our building love wood working, working on engines, and are BEGGING for a welding class.

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, knapplc said:

I think we can all agree on this. Trump enabling the white supremacists and calling them "very fine people," the "lock her up" chants that go on at his rallies to this day, the inciting of attacks on the press... it's scary out there to be labeled something other than conservative. Kamala Harris, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Corey Booker, all labeled and dismissed daily.

Yeah, we have people on this very board trying to shame those of us who use "too many links" to provide factual evidence in a discussion. It's crazy.

Yep. How many of us are constantly called "libs" or "dems" or whatever pet diminutive the angry anti-truthers want to use. But it's only shaming if you accept their opprobrium, remember that.

Amen, man. Amen. I remember when there was a request by two or three members right here on HuskerBoard to have a separate conservatives-only section of P&R so they didn't have to listen to "the libs." People complain to the Mods about "the libs" all the time, trying to stop the voices of people they disagree with.

The mainstream media has always been skewed to the left, they came from liberal arts back grounds from liberal colleges, they overwhelmingly vote for- support and donate to liberal causes. Liberal is not a bad word nor is conservative, it is a fairly reasonable agreed upon description of someones macro beliefs. Liberals have some pretty nasty labels for conservatives if we need to get into that. The mainstream press crucified Bush, Romney and McCain- with little real facts- the same homophobic, racist, greedy, mean etc etc stuff. Trump has plenty to be critical of- he is a buffoon, but the vile hatred that seems to be coming from the mainstream press 24X7 has exposed them for who they are and have always been- not news people reporting on facts, but opinion makers on a mission to shape the world to a world view similar to theirs. That has pissed off a bunch of people- and viola someone like Trump capitalizes on it. 

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/media-bias-left-study/

Your anti truther slam- goes against what you are saying you are against- PET DIMINUTIVE NAMES- you trying to shame them to accept your opprobrium.

The vast majority of people trying to "outlaw" - aka make illegal certain words or phrases are those on the left- wanting to create "safe spaces" on college campuses, gender identities etc etc

i dont think there is any big waves going to be caused by a forum having a separate area for a specific group, but Im thinking banning free speech and certain words or phrases on College Campuses- going against our First Amendment is kinda a big deal. 

The vast majority of people we see today having violent protests and death threats against speakers- seem to be from the left and on college campuses against conservatives like Ben Shapiro and Laura Ingraham. Almost all of those speakers being banned or threatened seem to be conservatives. Very shameful anti american stuff. 

2 minutes ago, OTHusker said:

The only people we see today having violent protests and death threats against speakers- seem to be from the left and on college campuses against conservatives like Ben Shapiro and Laura Ingraham. Almost all of those speakers being banned or threatened seem to be conservatives. Very shameful anti american stuff. 

Have you not read the story of the Coast Guard member with the hit list?

• Plus1 2

5 minutes ago, OTHusker said:

The mainstream media has always been skewed to the left, they came from liberal arts back grounds from liberal colleges, they overwhelmingly vote for- support and donate to liberal causes.

FOX NEWS IS THE MOST WATCHED NETWORK ON CABLE AND HAS BEEN FOR YEARS!  THEY ARE MAINSTREAM MEDIA!

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, StPaulHusker said:

Have you not read the story of the Coast Guard member with the hit list?

I dont remember him acting on it

This bernie Sanders supporter did- shooting US Senators

https://www.cnn.com/2017/06/14/homepage2/james-hodgkinson-profile/index.html

The vast majority of violent oppression of speech is from the left- and is met with mostly with silence and excuse making from those on the left-

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, OTHusker said:

I dont remember him acting on it

This bernie Sanders supporter did- shooting US Senators

https://www.cnn.com/2017/06/14/homepage2/james-hodgkinson-profile/index.html

The vast majority of violent oppression of speech is from the left- and is met with mostly with silence and excuse making from those on the left-

You said threat.  If he acted on it, it would have been an action.

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, OTHusker said:

The only people we see today having violent protests and death threats against speakers- seem to be from the left

There's a lot of stuff in that rant, but this here is some grade A blinders.

which has led to death threats against journalists:

Doxxing, assault, death threats: the new dangers facing US journalists covering extremism

Man charged with making death threats against journalists over Trump editorials

• Plus1 1