The Angry Violent Right

2 minutes ago, OTHusker said:

If someone cant even be truthful to admit- that the media and education system is blatantly biased and left leaning- they are far to entrenched in their positions to warrant a reasonable discussion and possible changing of minds. 

It’s also hard to have a reasonable discussion with people who think facts come out of rear ends.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2
4 minutes ago, OTHusker said:

ABC

'NBC

CBS 

A BUNCH of cable shows

Late night shows- ALL liberal

Hollywood

Big Tech

Fox is a tiny minnow compared to the avalanche 

Why do people who watch Fox News act like nobody else is watching Fox News?  Fox News is the big fish. 

https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/2018-ratings-fox-news-is-the-most-watched-network-on-cable-for-the-third-straight-year/387943

Fox News has the #1, #3, #4, #5, #6 top ranked shows on TV.  Are the ratings agencies lying to everyone to make it seem like Fox News is being watched more than they actually are?

• Plus1 3
10 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Have you not read the story of the Coast Guard member with the hit list?

As OTH defends Fox it's clear why he hasn't seen the story.  You have to hit Page Down five times to find any mention of that story on Fox.  Past complaints about Hillary (her emails!), Obama, several stories about AOC, complaining about Bernie... anything but a right-wing terrorist. 

YnxLxU5.png

cCasL5d.png

2zvFozu.png

lC72jxK.png

hAIDjLx.png

• Thanks 2
Just now, OTHusker said:

ABC

'NBC

CBS 

A BUNCH of cable shows

Late night shows- ALL liberal

Hollywood

Big Tech

Fox is a tiny minnow compared to the avalanche 

Have you considered that maybe your opinion is wrong? Conservatives have been claiming media bias going back decades. However:

Examining the "liberal media" claim: journalists' views on politics, economic and social policy (including health care), and media coverage.

The conservative critique of the news media rests on two general propositions: journalists hold views that are to the left of the public, and journalists frame news content in a way that accentuates these left perspectives. Previous research has revealed persuasive evidence against the latter claim, but the validity of the former claim has often been taken for granted. This research project examined the supposed left orientation of media personnel by surveying Washington-based journalists who cover national politics and/or economic policy at U.S. outlets. The findings include: (1) On select issues from corporate power and trade to Social Security and Medicare to health care and taxes, journalists are actually more conservative than the general public. (2) Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. (3) The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues. (4) Journalists report that "business-oriented news outlets" and "major daily newspapers" provide the highest quality coverage of economic policy issues, while "broadcast network TV news" and "cable news services" provide the worst.

The Myth of the Liberal Media

3 minutes ago, OTHusker said:

If someone cant even be truthful to admit- that the media and education system is blatantly biased and left leaning- they are far to entrenched in their positions to warrant a reasonable discussion and possible changing of minds. 

If someone cannot even admit that their opinions might be biased or incorrect - they are far to entrenched in their positions to warrant a reasonable discussion and possible changing of minds.

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

There's a lot of stuff in that rant, but this here is some grade A blinders.

which has led to death threats against journalists:

Doxxing, assault, death threats: the new dangers facing US journalists covering extremism

Man charged with making death threats against journalists over Trump editorials

Where has anything happened?

I dont remember seeing any violent protests, rock throwing, burning 

Were those real threats or more of the hoax threats weve seen so much these last 2 years

"church burnings" 'NAACP leader harrassment" "gay black man attacked by trumpsters in chicago" etc etc etc

Just now, FrankWheeler said:

Why do people who watch Fox News act like nobody else is watching Fox News?  Fox News is the big fish. 

https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/2018-ratings-fox-news-is-the-most-watched-network-on-cable-for-the-third-straight-year/387943

Fox News has the #1, #3, #4, #5, #6 top ranked shows on TV.  Are the ratings agencies lying to everyone to make it seem like Fox News is being watched more than they actually are?

This didn’t come out of your rear end, so you’re doing it wrong. 

1 minute ago, OTHusker said:

Were those real threats or more of the hoax threats weve seen so much these last 2 years

"church burnings" 'NAACP leader harrassment" "gay black man attacked by trumpsters in chicago" etc etc etc

The "where" is literally described in the article. But that doesn't support your preconceived notions so it must be "fake news", right?

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I've worked on some economic development committees that have looked at very similar graphs.  After diving into it, it's actually pretty interesting.

First, you notice that the 16-24 year old is the most unemployed.  This is pretty logical.  From 16-18, they are still in HS.  From 18-24, many are in college.  While many in that group will have a part time job, it's logical that the unemployment rate is much higher.  Many are also still living with Mom and Dad.

Then, you go into the 25-34 age group.  This is when most women are having children and many stay home to take care of the kids.  Once the kids get into school, the percentage of women staying home drops.  

What this graph actually shows is that no one age group has been "left behind" in the economic growth since 2009.  They all have improved in the unemployment numbers fairly equally.  

Do stay at home parents count towards unemployment? I wouldn’t think so. 

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

Do stay at home parents count towards unemployment? I wouldn’t think so. 

In the work that I've done in this area, the data that was put together for the graphs we were working with, showed the percentage of people not working.  That would include stay at home parents.  I'm tending to believe that's what this graph is showing also.  It includes 16-18 year old kids.  How many in that age group do you think are going down to the local labor office and actually applying for unemployment?

10 minutes ago, OTHusker said:

The vast majority of violent oppression of speech is from the left- and is met with mostly with silence and excuse making from those on the left-

This is a lie. 

5 minutes ago, OTHusker said:

Trump Supporter Attacks BBC Journalist

Charlottesville Attacker

There are literally dozens more. Sheesh. Just read this thread!

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

In the work that I've done in this area, the data that was put together for the graphs we were working with, showed the percentage of people not working.  That would include stay at home parents.  I'm tending to believe that's what this graph is showing also.  It includes 16-18 year old kids.  How many in that age group do you think are going down to the local labor office and actually applying for unemployment?

I'd say close to a big ole goose egg

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

:facepalm:

Most jobs that used to not require a degree now require a degree. Many millennials who go to college go to college out of necessity, and then do jobs that have nothing to do with their major because they have to.

Also, illegal immigration was at its peak about 20 years ago. Pretty sure the illegal immigrants didn't come here back then without jobs available. So you're blaming millennials for not doing jobs that their predecessors also didn't do.

Related, looks like the gap in unemployment rate hasn't changed much over the years.

us-unemployment-rate-by-age.jpg

Well you must not know very many people in the construction trades

They have been struggling mightily for years and especially now

Back when I was growing up- all us kids and friends worked construction in the summers- we coveted those jobs for the pay

Now the mantra is "Love what you do. so you never have to work another day in your life" or something to that effect

Then you have a kid with a music or social work or gender studies degree- underemployed because our mean society didnt have that dream high paying social work job for him when he got his degree