New to this forum

everyone is entitled to their opinion

more power to that 

However this is a really interesting sub group

nebraska is very conservative

even in the last election trump almost doubled up the opponent

trump won 58- 33

yet here on this forum it looks like conservatives are outnumbered about 10-1

why would this forum demographic which you would think would mirror the general population here where conservatives outnumber liberals 2-1 while here it looks like liberals outnumber conservatives 10-1 

3 minutes ago, OTHusker said:

New to this forum

more power to that 

trump won 58- 33

why would this forum demographic which you would think would mirror the general population here where conservatives outnumber liberals 2-1 while here it looks like liberals outnumber conservatives 10-1 

First of all

Support for Trump

does not equate to conservatism

There are plenty of conservatives on this board

But through the miracle of intellectual conversation

and presentation of facts

many of the Huskerboard conservatives

realize that Trump is a jackass 

who does not represent the values of an intelligent conservative

Huskerboard is not a microcosm of Nebraska politics

This is a place for intelligent Husker fans

to have deeper discussions

Secondly,

Why do you write all of your posts

As if you are entering 

an alt right poetry contest?

Good poetry is an art form and takes 

a certain amount of intellect and creativity

Shakespeare you ain't

Why not try using actual sentences, paragraphs

and punctuation?

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 4
5 minutes ago, OTHusker said:

New to this forum

more power to that 

trump won 58- 33

Everyone who doesn't regurgitate right-wing talking points is a liberal.

-OR-

This is a community of people who appreciate facts. Facts aren't liberal or conservative, they're just facts. The problem a lot of conservatives have is, the facts of many of these matters don't conform to their world view. So they don't change their world view to fit the facts, they attack the nature of facts.

Seems like a really weird way to live your life.

• Plus1 5
15 minutes ago, OTHusker said:

New to this forum

more power to that 

trump won 58- 33

Conservative’s Obama phones expired. They don’t really have access to the internet out in the boonies without them. 

I want to agree with OTHusker about a couple things:

• It is hard to get younger white Americans to take jobs in the trades. Not all are poor paying, in fact many pay better than entry level white collar jobs -- minus the massive college debt. An ambitious kid can also learn the trade and start his or her own business. Those people own some of the nicest houses in the neighborhood. And yes, part of the problem has been the "follow your bliss" generation their parents came from. Well intentioned or not, it has raised expectations to an unsustainable level. The rise in kids moving back in with their parents is not anecdotal, nor is the rampant increase in depression and anxiety disorders.  This is the first generation that is expected to make less and live shorter lives than their parents. There's currently a shift in thinking that is taking the stigma off trade schools and community colleges for traditionally middle class, university educated parents. That's a good start.

• It is kinda interesting how the politics on a Nebraska football fansite leans left. Conservatives who are smart enough to dislike Trump doesn't quite explain it, since every page on the internet that allows comments features plenty of full-throated Trump support and libtard baiting. I'm encouraged by HuskerBoard, not just because I lean left and/or pragmatic, but because it's a pretty good conversation, made better when conservatives bring a thoughtful game. I know you feel outnumbered, OTH, but I hope you don't feel like you're getting chased off.

• Plus1 4
7 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

• It is hard to get younger white Americans to take jobs in the trades. Not all are poor paying, in fact many pay better than entry level white collar jobs -- minus the massive college debt. An ambitious kid can also learn the trade and start his or her own business. Those people own some of the nicest houses in the neighborhood. And yes, part of the problem has been the "follow your bliss" generation their parents came from. Well intentioned or not, it has raised expectations to an unsustainable level. The rise in kids moving back in with their parents is not anecdotal, nor is the rampant increase in depression and anxiety disorders.  This is the first generation that is expected to make less and live shorter lives than their parents. There's currently a shift in thinking that is taking the stigma off trade schools and community colleges for traditionally middle class, university educated parents. That's a good start.

• It is kinda interesting how the politics on a Nebraska football fansite leans left. Conservatives who are smart enough to dislike Trump doesn't quite explain it, since every page on the internet that allows comments features plenty of full-throated Trump support and libtard baiting. I'm encouraged by HuskerBoard, not just because I lean left and/or pragmatic, but because it's a pretty good conversation, made better when conservatives bring a thoughtful game. I know you feel outnumbered, OTH, but I hope you don't feel like you're getting chased off.

Good comments Guy.   As one of those 'smart enough to dislike Trump' conservatives I'd encourage OTH and 'others' to engage and voice their opinions in a respectful way.   Yes, I sometimes engage wt foot in mouth but it is always good to recognize when you have done so and get back into the conversation. Everyone regardless of their leanings left or right is worthy of respect and should be allowed to voice their opinion.  I consider them all 'friends' even if I don't agree with them some or even most of the time. I know they still love America like I do but just have a different perspective on how to 'fix' this country we love.  Different perspective are good for learning and growing.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

If you're going to give this an eyeroll, please let me know where I lost you. 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Please tell this to every middle school and high school kid you see.  They are willing, they are just being told different by people they trust: like parents and guidance counselors...

I'm thinking about the college-bound Marin County kids around me: would they learn more about life taking an educational tour of Guatemala, or earning $25 an hour on a Guatemalan roofing crew right here in their backyard?

Apparently Universities are no longer impressed by resume padding trips to underprivileged countries; they want to know that you've held a real job.

Another hopeful change.

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, Waldo said:

The alleged (angry) right hook. 

A9FF3436-B6D5-44AA-9E71-C3A54C741264.png

I say it's staged.  If the guy in black actually landed the punch, the victims face would be going back and to the left ("back and to the left...back and to the left....)   Who knows what the story is with this, sad no matter what.  I just find it ironic that in a thread that has spend so much of the last week "jumping to conclusions", here y'all are again....  Have fun guys!

On 2/22/2019 at 7:25 AM, Ulty said:

First of all

Support for Trump

does not equate to conservatism

There are plenty of conservatives on this board

But through the miracle of intellectual conversation

and presentation of facts

many of the Huskerboard conservatives

realize that Trump is a jackass 

who does not represent the values of an intelligent conservative

Huskerboard is not a microcosm of Nebraska politics

This is a place for intelligent Husker fans

to have deeper discussions

Secondly,

Why do you write all of your posts

As if you are entering 

an alt right poetry contest?

Good poetry is an art form and takes 

a certain amount of intellect and creativity

Shakespeare you ain't

Why not try using actual sentences, paragraphs

and punctuation?

If you find my posts difficult to read

put them on ignore

I don’t have the time or inclination to perfect my writing from a phone 

at the end of the day Nebraska is a conservative state

that can’t be argued against with any legitimate data 

how many elections for president have gone dem  ? Maybe what 2 of the last 20 elections? 

I’m not a trumpster

my contention was Nebraska is a very conservative state

consistently voting republican 

usually and consistently by wide margins 

while those on this board are overwhelmingly liberal , not mirroring our state demographic in any way

which would lead me the believe the political beliefs of those who heavily post on an internet football message board for whatever reason are demographly grouped in a much different way than the average Nebraskan 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, OTHusker said:

If you find my posts difficult to read

put them on ignore

I don’t have the time or inclination to perfect my writing from a phone 

at the end of the day Nebraska is a conservative state

that can’t be argued against with any legitimate data 

how many elections for president have gone dem  ? Maybe what 2 of the last 20 elections? 

I’m not a trumpster

my contention was Nebraska is a very conservative state

consistently voting republican 

usually and consistently by wide margins 

while those on this board are overwhelmingly liberal , not mirroring our state demographic in any way

which would lead me the believe the political beliefs of those who heavily post on an internet football message board for whatever reason are demographly grouped in a much different way than the average Nebraskan 

Or, and I know this is a crazy thought now, those on this board don't swear any political allegiances. Instead they call a spade a spade and would rather vote good component people in, who do the right thing when called upon. Maybe one particular party isn't able to effectively shoe horn the varied ideas of a population of thinking people.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2