The Angry Violent Right

'I'm Coming After You': Republican Lawmaker Warns 'Ambush' on Journalist in Profane Facebook Rant

A conservative Colorado lawmaker appeared to threaten a journalist from a local news station in a profane Facebook post Friday, writing "I'm coming after you" and telling the reporter to "get on your knees" and "thank God," according to screen captures of the post. 

Colorado State Sen. Vicki Marble issued the rant on her personal Facebook page and singled out journalists from a local NBC affiliate, which had reported on her calls for Colorado to secede from the U.S. and become the 51st state. The original report, which can be found here, detailed Marble's opposition to oil and gas regulations proposed by state Democrats. 

Apparently, Marble was not fond of the coverage and directed her ire toward reporter Kyle Clark, who posted pictures of the rant to his Twitter account. 

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Oh, you know, just the Republican leader tacitly threatening violence while lying about the behavior of the Left.

Digging into that Breitbart article, we can see that it is a hit piece on Ryan and of course a very friendly article towards Trump.  However, I did find this exchange interesting. :

When in early 2018, Ryan announced he would not be seeking re-election in the midterms. Critics argued that his not stepping aside hurt the GOP in the midterm elections. Now that Ryan is gone from public life, he took a sharp shot at Trump earlier this week.

“The person who defines that race is going to win the race,” Ryan said about the 2020 presidential race at a lecture in Florida per a local news account. “If this is about Donald Trump and his personality, he isn’t going to win it.”

Trump’s eldest son, Donald Trump, Jr., fired back at Ryan on Twitter earlier in the week, saying the former speaker “failed” in 2012, “lied to us,” did not deliver border wall funding he promised previously, and then went on to lose the House GOP its majority in the midterms.

Pretty rich. Mitt Romney’s failed 2012 running mate, the speaker who lied to us and didn't deliver Wall funding (and then lost the house) gives advice on winning. Paul Ryan: Trump Will Lose in 2020 if Campaign About His 'Personality'

Ryan clarifies:

To be clear, GOP wins elections when they’re about ideas not when they’re personality contests like Dems & media want. We’re clearly better off because of @RealDonaldTrump. His record of accomplishment is why he’ll win re-election especially when compared to Dems’ leftward lurch.

BY THE WAY: HOW CAN I COPY TWEETS INTO A POST CORRECTLY?? 

18 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

JFC

@Moirainethere are some articles today saying a coup is not far away for us.  You called it.

I just agree with other people who have the same opinion. When the president says the press is the enemy of the people and there are no repercussions, that tells him he can take it even further. He could possibly stay as president after losing the election if he wanted. The GOP hasn’t shown they’ll stop him.

We’ve had people chime in here that there’s always talk like this, but we’ve never had so many signs that people from the president’s party would roll over and let it happen, nor have we ever had any rhetoric approaching Trump’s. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I just agree with other people who have the same opinion. When the president says the press is the enemy of the people and there are no repercussions, that tells him he can take it even further. He could possibly stay as president after losing the election if he wanted. The GOP hasn’t shown they’ll stop him.

We’ve had people chime in here that there’s always talk like this, but we’ve never had so many signs that people from the president’s party would roll over and let it happen, nor have we ever had any rhetoric approaching Trump’s. 

I have zero faith in the pathetic servility that is the Congressional GOP (nice to see some of them vote against Trump today - let's see if they do the same after the veto), but I do have faith in our independent institutions.

You'd see massive upheaval at the CIA, the FBI, the military, etc. -  perhaps not sycophantic leaders like Pompeo but, maybe? There'd be lawsuits out the wazoo. It would effectively cripple our government's legitimacy on the world stage, which is bad for everybody, including business. It would rain sh#t on him from all of us that don't bow down and kiss the ring.

For all the protests we've seen for various causes since the start of his presidency, there would be nonstop upheaval in the streets if it went this route.

• Fire 1
9 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

I have zero faith in the pathetic servility that is the Congressional GOP (nice to see some of them vote against Trump today - let's see if they do the same after the veto), but I do have faith in our independent institutions.

You'd see massive upheaval at the CIA, the FBI, the military, etc. -  perhaps not sycophantic leaders like Pompeo but, maybe? There'd be lawsuits out the wazoo. It would effectively cripple our government's legitimacy on the world stage, which is bad for everybody, including business. It would rain sh#t on him from all of us that don't bow down and kiss the ring.

For all the protests we've seen for various causes since the start of his presidency, there would be nonstop upheaval in the streets if it went this route.

I do think he is way overconfident (as is the case in everything) in his support among the police and the military. I expect them to support him at a much higher rate than the general public though, especially the military.

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

I do think he is way overconfident (as is the case in everything) in his support among the police and the military. I expect them to support him at a much higher rate than the general public though, especially the military. 

Yeah, but military brass won't. Nor should police - though they've been more vocal in support of Trump than I'm comfortable with.

And if we're in a situation where their subordinates would rise up and buck the chain of command in service of the president, we're into totally screwed, banana republic territory anyway.

This is an entertainment issue related to right wing extremism, as a bunch of right wing trolls went on a crusade to get James Gunn fired from Disney after he was critical of Drumpf and the vermin that support him.

Well, Disney went ahead and rehired James Gunn for Guardians of the Galaxy 3 (and other potential projects) in what is pretty much a repudiation of what the #MAGA crowd was wanting. 

#MAGAtears

• Plus1 1