The Angry Violent Right

4 minutes ago, Landlord said:

She's young, feisty, brazenly outspoken, a woman, attractive, blue collar, has somewhat wild/radical policy and social ideas, and also has had more than a few gaffes with trying to communicate something on camera. 

So she's basically the complete embodiment of a threatening outsider who doesn't belong, and also an easy punching bag and strawman (or woman, as it were).

She has to have a forum to get all of that out there though. I guess it just started with the shock of her victory and then she said some “outlandish” stuff while the attention was on her.

This guy DEFINITELY counts.

The upstate New York man who was arrested on Friday for allegedly threatening to assassinate Democratic Congresswoman Ilhan Omar, phoned her office last month and called her “a f#&%ing terrorist,” according to a criminal complaint released on Saturday.

Patrick W. Carlineo, the complaint alleges, called Omar’s office on March 21 and asked a staffer if they worked for the Muslim Brotherhood, vowing “I’ll put a bullet in her f#&%ing skull” before spelling his name and leaving his contact information including his cell phone number. The call was immediately referred to United States Capitol Police who reached out to the FBI.

When being interviewed by the FBI one week later, the 55-year-old Carlineo was defiant, the complaint states, telling a federal investigator that “if our forefathers were still alive, they’d put a bullet in her head.”

“Carlineo stated that he was a patriot, that he loves the President, and that he hates radical Muslims in our government,” the complaint reads.

The FBI found that Carlineo possessed two firearms in his Addison, New York home.

Trump-supportin' patriot islamophobes aren't the sharpest tools in the shed, are they?

• Plus1 4

Got another one. This is a real tragedy. Looks like he was trying to be a copycat arsonist, per the article.

Has POTUS gotten around to actually doing anything about the rise of far-right and white supremacist domestic terrorism since he took office? Gee I wonder why that is.

A Facebook page that appeared to belong to Matthews showed he was active in pagan and black metal pages, and that he commented on two memes about far-right former neo-Nazi metal musician Varg Vikernes, who served 15 years in prison for killing a fellow metal musician and burning churches in Norway. The comments revealed little other than that they indicated his familiarity with the figure.

The pagan circles Matthews and Vikernes frequented can be popular with neo-Nazis. Matthews frequently posted about pagan beliefs, and recently uploaded a picture of a gun and a knife with the caption “I carry this.....maybe not legally but I only truly follow the law of Odin..... which says as you said,arm yourself...... Odins advice> modern law.” Odin is a pagan Norse god.

One of the pagan pages Matthews was active on specifically forbade racism and “nazi stuff.” Matthews also appeared aware of the religion's white supremacist associations. In one post, a group member noted that a drawing of a pagan figure had a swastika-like design on his belt. “well yea the belt gives him extra strength and power.....white power lmao jk jk I had to,” Matthews wrote.

8 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Another video showing Trump isn't "The" problem, only a symptom.  "MAGA" is the excuse a lot of people were looking for to unleash their own demons on to other people.  

i wonder what he meant when he said he hasn't kicked anyone a$$ in over a year....."kids don't count".   

Just now, commando said:

i wonder what he meant when he said he hasn't kicked anyone a$$ in over a year....."kids don't count".   

I also had to laugh at the idea of spending 2 weeks in the ICU because of head injuries you'll wake up "thinking like a republican!"  

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, funhusker said:

I also had to laugh at the idea of spending 2 weeks in the ICU because of head injuries you'll wake up "thinking like a republican!"  

yeah..straight from a  trump supporter.... severe brain trauma makes you a republican.   :(

8 hours ago, funhusker said:

Another video showing Trump isn't "The" problem, only a symptom.  "MAGA" is the excuse a lot of people were looking for to unleash their own demons on to other people.  

#iamverybadass