The Angry Violent Right

51 minutes ago, commando said:

the guy trump trust most on his covid task force calls for violence in michigan

This isn't a call for violence. It's a call for resistance, which is stupid to an extent.

I do not agree with this lastest madate by her. Unless they are going to give out massive loans (which I haven't heard a peep about) she is effectively killing small business like local restaurants and bars. They cannot survive this again. Reduce capacity, sure. By all means fine those who don't follow the mandate, but you can't close indoor dinning in the winter.

I know a guy who opened his restaurant in March and can't get any of the loans because he doesn't have a year's worth of taxes. He's an awesome dude and a great chef. I fear he and a lot of others like him will go under from this, through no fault of their own.

• Plus1 2
16 minutes ago, ZRod said:

This isn't a call for violence. It's a call for resistance, which is stupid to an extent.

I do not agree with this lastest madate by her. Unless they are going to give out massive loans (which I haven't heard a peep about) she is effectively killing small business like local restaurants and bars. They cannot survive this again. Reduce capacity, sure. By all means fine those who don't follow the mandate, but you can't close indoor dinning in the winter.

I know a guy who opened his restaurant in March and can't get any of the loans because he doesn't have a year's worth of taxes. He's an awesome dude and a great chef. I fear he and a lot of others like him will go under from this, through no fault of their own.

No s#!t...

This is stupid, I feel bad for every small business owner.

• Fire 1

so...the guy who trump trusts the most for covid response....is telling us to resist wearing masks and to congregate in enclosed areas.   that is  really bad  advice and extremely poor choice of words.   especially in a state where there has already been 1 foiled assassination attempt on the governor after trumps liberate michigan tweet.

7 minutes ago, commando said:

so...the guy who trump trusts the most for covid response....is telling us to resist wearing masks and to congregate in enclosed areas.   that is  really bad  advice and extremely poor choice of words.   especially in a state where there has already been 1 foiled assassination attempt on the governor after trumps liberate michigan tweet.

Like I said it's stupid, to the extent that I don't agree fully with her order either. Pretty sure I'll be sending an email to voice my concerns. That will be my resistance, because imo she isn't thinking about what this really means for small business owners. She's writing their death warrant.

The call to be disorderly and not distance or wear masks is moronic for sure, and why we are now in danger of losing these businesses.

It sucks, but according to the latest study to be reviewed by Nature:

According to the study, full-service restaurants, gyms, hotels and religious organizations are responsible for most COVID-19 spread.

https://www.king5.com/article/news/verify/coronavirus-study-places-most-virus-spread-fact-check/507-74d674d0-698b-4684-acbb-56160ac14b2f

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-020-2923-3

The boat has set sail on the US being like other countries who have lower starting points and can have shorter less impactful rolling lockdowns. Our country is in the s**tter right now and the next two week alone are going to be brutal. Add onto that people going about their lives with Thanksgiving and this could be even new levels of horrible before Christmas. I feel for the business that are going to take a battering over this, but we have to try and slow this as best as possible.

• Thanks 1
42 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Like I said it's stupid, to the extent that I don't agree fully with her order either. Pretty sure I'll be sending an email to voice my concerns. That will be my resistance, because imo she isn't thinking about what this really means for small business owners. She's writing their death warrant.

The call to be disorderly and not distance or wear masks is moronic for sure, and why we are now in danger of losing these businesses.

If only a certain party in Congress was willing to run up the deficit to fund the businesses. Congress should pass several trillion in relief, but Republicans are already preparing for 2022 mid-terms. They're call to beware the debt has miraculously re-emerged.

Currently, with bond yields where they are (~1% or less) the Federal Reserve is begging Congress to run the deficit as high as possible. Its literally free money, paid for through inflation. 

1 hour ago, ZRod said:

I was reading some stuff on the Michigan boards and there was a topic on Michigan shutting down again (the state, not the football team, they already shut down) and some of the posts are so freaking sad.  Lots of "I hope we don't shut down again because it will mean I will be out of a job" or "My small business can't handle another shut down" type posts.

Also, they have Jim H and want him fired, like, now. 

Just now, teachercd said:

I was reading some stuff on the Michigan boards and there was a topic on Michigan shutting down again (the state, not the football team, they already shut down) and some of the posts are so freaking sad.  Lots of "I hope we don't shut down again because it will mean I will be out of a job" or "My small business can't handle another shut down" type posts.

Also, they have Jim H and want him fired, like, now. 

Yeah, we all new stricter mandates were coming but these are pretty harsh. We've already lost a lot of buisnesses, and will be losing even more now. She's going to be a one term governor now. They didn't think big, big picture on this one.

Jim was on the hot seat to start the season. He's the coveted Michigan Man, but he's gotten zero results. Most fans want aa change. MSU fans don't :lol:

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Yeah, we all new stricter mandates were coming but these are pretty harsh. We've already lost a lot of buisnesses, and will be losing even more now. She's going to be a one term governor now. They didn't think big, big picture on this one.

This is backwards thinking IMO. If you want the economy and businesses to not fail, then the virus needs to be contained. It's not the mandates but the virus spread that's killing business. But we as a society haven't done enough to contain the virus, so now we're reaping what we sowed. Businesses, especially small businesses, are going to go under regardless of a mandate because people are going to stop going out as the virus gets worse again this winter. And as more people lose their jobs or are afraid of losing their jobs, they will spend less which also contracts the economy. An effective 3-4 week shutdown might get the virus under control, but it needs to be nation-wide at this point, and we aren't going to do that.

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

This is backwards thinking IMO. If you want the economy and businesses to not fail, then the virus needs to be contained. It's not the mandates but the virus spread that's killing business. But we as a society haven't done enough to contain the virus, so now we're reaping what we sowed. Businesses, especially small businesses, are going to go under regardless of a mandate because people are going to stop going out as the virus gets worse again this winter. And as more people lose their jobs or are afraid of losing their jobs, they will spend less which also contracts the economy. An effective 3-4 week shutdown might get the virus under control, but it needs to be nation-wide at this point, and we aren't going to do that.

I don't disagree, but we screwed it up from the beginning and it's kinda too late now unless we really want to get our wallet out to fix things. There are better option then completely choking off small buisness revenue. Shutdown those who haven't followed the rules (there are a ton of them!) Because those that have deserve a fighting chance.

Trump is a tool, but he is right that the fix can't be worse than the issue. He was way wrong fighting against the initial shutdowns and mask mandates. They would have kept this at bay.

:laughpound Listen    -   "Maybe a million people but could be closer to 10,000.  Still a lot of people.  But I feel that there were 3-5 million there as many trump supporters wear camouflage gear and don't show up on photos ....  all we could see are the 10,000 not in camouflage ....but I could be wrong"

• Haha 1