The Angry Violent Right

1 hour ago, ZRod said:

I don't disagree, but we screwed it up from the beginning and it's kinda too late now unless we really want to get our wallet out to fix things. There are better option then completely choking off small buisness revenue. Shutdown those who haven't followed the rules (there are a ton of them!) Because those that have deserve a fighting chance.

Trump is a tool, but he is right that the fix can't be worse than the issue. He was way wrong fighting against the initial shutdowns and mask mandates. They would have kept this at bay.

Like I said in a previous post, the Federal Reserve has pegged interest rates to near 0. The government can borrow at that rate, and can pay it back over 30 years (the length of the bonds). 

Inflation is higher than the rate the government is borrowing. The Federal Reserve is begging then to fund these businesses and workers, with what is essentially free money.

Sadly, Congress is not going to pass a huge spending bill because they care more about elections than what is best for the country. 

• Plus1 2

On 11/16/2020 at 11:49 AM, Dr. Strangelove said:

Like I said in a previous post, the Federal Reserve has pegged interest rates to near 0. The government can borrow at that rate, and can pay it back over 30 years (the length of the bonds). 

Inflation is higher than the rate the government is borrowing. The Federal Reserve is begging then to fund these businesses and workers, with what is essentially free money.

Sadly, Congress is not going to pass a huge spending bill because they care more about elections than what is best for the country. 

Maybe with Joe in office we can get to a negative rate???  Didn't Japan do that?????

FREE MONEY!  Ha

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Maybe with Joe in office we can get to a negative rate???  Didn't Japan do that?????

FREE MONEY!  Ha

That's possible, but the Federal Reserve has indicated that route is unlikely. 

You are correct, the government would essentially be paying itself to borrow. In the current climate, the Government is still paying itself to borrow. Just to a lesser extent.

In essence, the government can pass and spend whatever it wants right now, paid for (even profiting) via inflation. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, schriznoeder said:

I've been noticing a fair amount of unwarranted laughter around here lately, mostly around violence, death, death threats, etc. Needless to say, I'm unimpressed.

And....they’re to chicken s#!t to come out and claim they’re laughing at something. 

Thet says more about the person laughing than anything. 

• Plus1 6

25 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Those kind Of comments just make you sound stupid. Tough to take serious on anything else 

Watching the MAGA crowd along with QAnon idiots.....I’ll stick with my statement.

I just hope we don’t need to find out because OANN fed someone with too much bull s#!t.  

Let’s just take a moment to remember that we have all witnessed a teenager taking a gun to a protest, shooting people and the MAGA crowd defending him and sending him money funding his defense. 

• Plus1 4
20 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Watching the MAGA crowd along with QAnon idiots.....I’ll stick with my statement.

I just hope we don’t need to find out because OANN fed someone with too much bull s#!t.  

Let’s just take a moment to remember that we have all witnessed a teenager taking a gun to a protest, shooting people and the MAGA crowd defending him and sending him money funding his defense. 

Said teenager was attacked by a convicted child molester (on video) and shooter said child molester was trying to take gun.

teenager was running away, TOWARDS the police to turn himself in, and was attacked by a felon trying to hit him in the head with the side of his skateboard.  Try stupid things, get a stupid prize.  Teenager then gets a gun pulled on him by a third convicted felon who is not allowed to carry the gun.  Teenager gets shot off and felon gunman gets one less bicep.  I don’t have a problem with someone defending his own life.  He just shouldn’t have put himself in that position to close to rioting felons. 

I would not advise my teenage son to go to a riot armed with a gun.  Bad things tend to happen. 

• Plus1 2