The Angry Violent Right

11 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

If the 25th amendment isn't used tomorrow I don't think it will be. Unfortunately Pence is a little busy right now.

I agree. If Trump is still President at sunset tomorrow, I will be even more disillusioned with our government....and that is almost impossible.

5 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

134749549_10158389493223074_507197159222

That entered my head for a split second, but I don't think the #s or reaction would have been the same if it had been a Black pride rally.

As far as I can tell, it was only good fortune that this group of anti-Americans were not armed enough or had the actual intent to kill.  America could have realistically been faced with the massacre of an entire branch of our government.

6 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

134749549_10158389493223074_507197159222

That entered my head for a split second, but I don't think the #s or reaction would have been the same if it had been a Black pride rally.

Well, to be fair, a black pride rally would not have breached the capital chambers and not just because more force would have been used. Trump has these idiots convinced that what they are doing is their patriotic right and duty. Nobody is emboldening BLM like orange man is his Trumpers. Today is 100% Trump’s doing.

Luckily DC has very stringent gun laws so I doubt many, if any, were armed.   Imagine the potential bloodshed—potentially including members of Congress—if these losers were marching in toting their ARs like they are inexplicably allowed to in many states.  If this event doesn’t convince at least some of the R’s to have a look at common sense gun laws.....

4 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Not to down play the civil unrest and violence of the 60s but I think this is much different. I was only 5 or 6 yo then but today was a straight up assault on democracy. The 60s was more about maintaining the status quo, as bad as it was and general civil unrest over a war. Today was a departure from democracy and the peaceful transition of power that has been a hallmark of our electoral process. Sure there were crowds in the streets for both but today was different as it relates to maintaining our form of government. The 60s was more like the protests of 2020. Today was more like the assault on Fort Sumter or the shot heard around the world. 

My parents were of age and lived through Vietnam and Civil Rights. They sad this was completely different and worse than that. They said this was a direct attack on the country and it's institutions. They too sad the 60s was more like the protests in 2020, and this was just unbelievable to them.

It's so f#&%ed up, but it's like on 9/11 when my parents talked to their parents and compared it to Pearl Harbor.

39 minutes ago, funhusker said:

As far as I can tell, it was only good fortune that this group of anti-Americans were not armed enough or had the actual intent to kill.  America could have realistically been faced with the massacre of an entire branch of our government.

I think they added some extra gun bans a couple days ago. I know that wouldn't have stopped everyone though. Hopefully the NG will be ready and have enough people for the next 14 days.

9 minutes ago, ZRod said:

My parents were of age and lived through Vietnam and Civil Rights. They sad this was completely different and worse than that. They said this was a direct attack on the country and it's institutions. They too sad the 60s was more like the protests in 2020, and this was just unbelievable to them.

It's so f#&%ed up, but it's like on 9/11 when my parents talked to their parents and compared it to Pearl Harbor.

My mom is 71.  She lived through the Civil Rights riots.  She just told me that she's never seen anything like this before.

The cult is saying it was Antifa dressed like Trump supporters that stormed the Capitol yet they're all up in arms about the MAGA woman who got shot and killed storming the building.  :dunno

And this guy is Antifa?

https://www.5newsonline.com/mobile/video/news/local/man-seen-in-viral-photo-in-nancy-pelosis-office-is-from-northwest-arkansas/527-1ab9b315-62d4-4b01-be3f-20df7e0973f3

And then there's the whole problem of this since deleted tweet.  So now Trump loves Antifa?

Screen Shot 2021-01-06 at 4.50.49 PM.png

Don’t you think terrorist cells around the world would now be stocking up on MAGA hats and confederate flags, now that they see how easy it is to break into secure government buildings?

Bin Laden spent years training his guys to fly planes, when all they really had to do is dress up like hillbillies and walk right in to the Capitol.

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1

59 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I’m having trouble thinking of anything more embarrassing that has ever happened to this country.  

Trump's 'presidency' in it's entirety has been a constant ongoing embarrassment for 4 solid years now.  For the entire world to sit back and see.

With all of the reporting the fact that 4 people also died yesterday isn't being talked about enough imo right now.  The only thing not that I hope for but that I want now is for Congress to invoke the 25th amendment.  They/we need to send a clear clear clear message back to not only the criminal in chief himself but also to everyone in this country who thinks it's 'ok' to support someone like this that trump's actions (and his lack of action...)  are NOT acceptable and will never again be tolerated.  This is the only thing I am waiting for as far as trump and the presidency is concerned.  This should be happening today heck it should have started yesterday imo.

• Plus1 3