The Angry Violent Right

@knapplc you vote in the primaries, right?

Why?

We both know the answer; it’s because you want to be active in the process.  My conversation was more about the people who ignore primaries because they’re “independent”.  They see it as a pass to say that they aren’t at fault for Trump v Biden, or whoever.

Maybe being active in the party was an over the top statement, but pretending parties don’t exist doesn’t seem to be working either.

Just now, funhusker said:

Why?

We both know the answer; it’s because you want to be active in the process.  My conversation was more about the people who ignore primaries because they’re “independent”.  They see it as a pass to say that they aren’t at fault for Trump v Biden, or whoever.

Maybe being active in the party was an over the top statement, but pretending parties don’t exist doesn’t seem to be working either.

Is that a significant portion of independent voters?

3 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Why?

How does my vote in central Nebraska in a primary matter?

by the time it even gets to Nebraska it’s all decided. 

24 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Zero "TV doctors" were okay with the mass gathering of protestors in terms of coronavirus spread. Newscasters and political commentators may not have chastised the protestors to your liking, but the medical experts did not issue moral loopholes like you're suggesting.

Are you positive you want to stick with that assessment?  

• Plus1 1

27 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

A National Institutes of Health clinical trial evaluating the safety and effectiveness of hydroxychloroquine for the treatment of adults with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) has formally concluded that the drug provides no clinical benefit to hospitalized patients

Study done As a standalone treatment I believe.  Not the algorithm used in an actual clinic 

• Plus1 1
32 minutes ago, funhusker said:

True.  But how many times in the past few years has this board discussed the vote for third parties and how it might as well be a vote for Trump.

We will have a 2-party system until we don’t.  Until that time that most of us long for, we are stuck with two “viable” candidates.  Not taking part in selecting those two and then complaining about choices in the general seems kind of whiny.

And that was proven utterly false this go round.  A vote for 3rd party is a vote for 3rd party.  If one of the main candidates can't earn that vote it's on them.  Nobod, and I mean nobody should feel guilted or bullied into voting R or D if they don't want to.  If you don't vote for who YOU want, what good is a vote?

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

How does my vote in central Nebraska in a primary matter?

by the time it even gets to Nebraska it’s all decided. 

For President, I don’t think it does.  That’s a different conversation about primary/caucus dates.  But Senate and other offices it would.

2 minutes ago, Redux said:

And that was proven utterly false this go round.  A vote for 3rd party is a vote for 3rd party.  If one of the main candidates can't earn that vote it's on them.  Nobod, and I mean nobody should feel guilted or bullied into voting R or D if they don't want to.  If you don't vote for who YOU want, what good is a vote?

See, this conversation is real!  Many people on HB disagree with you.  I don’t think I daydreamed those conversations.

4 minutes ago, funhusker said:

See, this conversation is real!  Many people on HB disagree with you.  I don’t think I daydreamed those conversations.

You absolutely didn't daydream them, I heard that CONSTANTLY and not just here.  They are welcome to disagree.  But a vote for 3rd party is a vote for 3rd party.  Pretending it counts the other way is fear mongering at best.  Both sides use that shtick and it's ludicrous, they just want to guilt non partisans into voting their way.

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

He is unreliable because.....

He's a right wing twitter personality that has consistently pumped out misinformation about protests all year? And no it doesn't appear to be the same guy at all. The dude in the picture is way lighter than the guy Andy is claiming it is and they don't look that similar in the face either. Thats just me though :dunno

• Plus1 1