The Angry Violent Right

Just now, Redux said:

No it doesn't.  What am I ignoring?  I'm not the one pretending some votes count more than others because I wish the system worked a different way.  

apparently it's too complex for you to comprehend.   i will take mark twains advice now.   bye

• Plus1 2
18 minutes ago, Redux said:

That's not what we're talking about

If you think this is not what the discussion is about then maybe you misunderstand what I mean when I talk about overrepresentation. It is 100% to do with how the number of reps per state is calculated. That affects both the vote for the House and the vote for President, and it’s how voter power is calculated. These are all objective mathematical formulas. 

All of your other arguments, though I disagree with them, were on subjective topics. E.g. whether the state boundaries should matter for a presidential election, or whether areas with smaller populations on the whole will be overlooked if we change things.

• Plus1 1

13 minutes ago, Redux said:

You've explained nothing, just hurled snark.  I understand how it works fine, it just doesn't anger me.

You don’t seem to understand how it works, because you think it’s not what we’re talking about when it’s 100% what we’re talking about. The founding fathers decided what representation meant and the House reps per state and part of the Presidential election are based off of that definition. 

Let me put it this way. You are saying you are ok with some people being overrepresented. You think it should be that way because on the whole those people make up a smaller part of the population. This is a subjective argument that can be made and is often made. 

To claim overrepresentation doesn’t exist is akin to saying 1 is bigger than 2. Arguing this is arguing against an objective fact.

• Plus1 2
7 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

You don’t seem to understand how it works, because you think it’s not what we’re talking about when it’s 100% what we’re talking about. The founding fathers decided what representation meant and the House reps per state and part of the Presidential election are based off of that definition. 

Let me put it this way. You are saying you are ok with some people being overrepresented. You think it should be that way because on the whole those people make up a smaller part of the population. This is a subjective argument that can be made and is often made. 

To claim overrepresentation doesn’t exist is akin to saying 1 is bigger than 2. Arguing this is arguing against an objective fact.

Okay, what exactly do you propose?  Because your big issue seems to be rural states having an impact on electoral votes.

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, ZRod said:

People are going to start throwing wild accusations around. Like maybe he knew too much, etc.

Seems like this is already happening, or that he was in on it and now didn’t  want to get caught and go to jail.   While possible, it’s a conspiracy until proven otherwise.  

• Plus1 1

15 minutes ago, Redux said:

Okay, what exactly do you propose?  Because your big issue seems to be rural states having an impact on electoral votes.

It's not relevant what I propose. We've already discussed that and I've discussed it on the forum many times. You argued that people in small population areas aren't overrepresented, when it's a mathematical fact that they are. This is an important starting point to understand if you're going to argue for or against how we do voting.

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

It's not relevant what I propose. We've already discussed that and I've discussed it on the forum many times. You argued that people in small population areas aren't overrepresented, when it's a mathematical fact that they are. This is an important starting point to understand if you're going to argue for or against how we do voting.

Lol ok