The Angry Violent Right

5 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

That’s incorrect which you already know because you just linked to my thoughts on Liz.  It was nothing of what you just posted:dunno  

Why you continually do this I have no idea.  

No. I'm critiquing your willingness to drink the MAGA-ade so readily in order to rationalize your party trying to cut down a member for daring to criticize the dear leader of your party.

• Plus1 4

1 hour ago, nic said:

Bannon always seemed creepy. It sounds like he watches too much Mandalorion.

People forget that Bannon was a Hollywood guy. So was Andrew Breitbart. When their film careers stalled, they blamed the LA liberals.

Bannon has made no secret that he wants to burn everything down. Chaos comes first, and I don't think he's put much thought in what comes after. 

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

You have your story wrong like usual.  It was her inability to message Republican ideas because she was only fixated on talking about Jan 6th.  I would have to go back and look, but I believe I said it’s fine to talk about Jan 6th but she needs to discuss more than just that.  It was why she lost her Leadership position. 

You really should go back and read your posts. But then, you already know how you avoid certain words so you can pretend you're not saying what you're really saying. 

That's why most folks here don't buy your mock confusion.

Question: what is the #1 Republican "idea" being messaged right now? 

Hint: the GOP ousted Cheney for not promoting this message enough. 

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

You really should go back and read your posts. But then, you already know how you avoid certain words so you can pretend you're not saying what you're really saying. 

So the words I post don’t actually mean what I post?  Gotcha:thumbs  Does that mean I don’t put any stock into what words you choose to use and just decide what I believe you mean to say?   

seems I’ve been pretty clear on Liz.  Unfortunate you choose to deny what’s actually posted.  There is more to do than just Jan 6th investigative business.  Unfortunately Liz didn’t agree.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

People forget that Bannon was a Hollywood guy. So was Andrew Breitbart. When their film careers stalled, they blamed the LA liberals.

Bannon has made no secret that he wants to burn everything down. Chaos comes first, and I don't think he's put much thought in what comes after. 

He is definitely off his rocker.

5 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

So the words I post don’t actually mean what I post?  Gotcha:thumbs  Does that mean I don’t put any stock into what words you choose to use and just decide what I believe you mean to say?   

If you catch me dancing around the issue, contradicting what I've previously posted, avoiding direct questions, or moving the goalposts, by all means call me out. 

• Plus1 3

33 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Inflation and the economy.  Along with the VA election.  

No. It's loyalty to Trump. That is literally how it is playing out in every primary pitting Republican against Republican. Attacking everything that happens during the Biden administration comes a close second, of course, but even then the message is that  you should be appalled by economic numbers under Biden that you championed under Trump. And honestly, inflation and the economy immediately drop off the list if you have the chance to mock Alec Baldwin. 

So when you and Liz Cheney agree that this party needs to move away from the cultish and dangerous lies of Donald Trump, you start by moving away from Trump, and stop pretending this is currently a party of "ideas" when all available evidence proves otherwise. Right now the GOP still runs through Mar a Lago.

Also, America should not "get past" January 6, which was only the most visible attempt to undermine American democracy. It's pretty much the fulcrum for deciding who we are moving forward. 

• Plus1 5
28 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

No. It's loyalty to Trump. That is literally how it is playing out in every primary pitting Republican against Republican. Attacking everything that happens during the Biden administration comes a close second, of course, but even then the message is that  you should be appalled by economic numbers under Biden that you championed under Trump. And honestly, inflation and the economy immediately drop off the list if you have the chance to mock Alec Baldwin. 

So when you and Liz Cheney agree that this party needs to move away from the cultish and dangerous lies of Donald Trump, you start by moving away from Trump, and stop pretending this is currently a party of "ideas" when all available evidence proves otherwise. Right now the GOP still runs through Mar a Lago.

Also, America should not "get past" January 6, which was only the most visible attempt to undermine American democracy. It's pretty much the fulcrum for deciding who we are moving forward. 

Again, you seem to not understand the words I put out.  Or purposely ignore them

• Plus1 1

I don't see an angry left topic. First they follow her into a bathroom and now break up a wedding.

Sinema was officiating the wedding for her personal friend, according to Tucson.com, when protesters arrived outside the venue, chanting and carrying signs that read phrases including, "Sinema Betrays Democrats" and, "We voted for you — shouldn't you vote for us?" as seen in a video of the event posted to YouTube on Oct. 24

• Plus1 1
29 minutes ago, nic said:

I don't see an angry left topic. First they follow her into a bathroom and now break up a wedding.

Sinema was officiating the wedding for her personal friend, according to Tucson.com, when protesters arrived outside the venue, chanting and carrying signs that read phrases including, "Sinema Betrays Democrats" and, "We voted for you — shouldn't you vote for us?" as seen in a video of the event posted to YouTube on Oct. 24

OH NOES!!!

Zero sympathy for Sinema. She's completely abrogated her duties to her constituents. She should be hectored at weddings.

And, frankly, shame on those people for inviting her to their wedding. You lie with snakes, you can't complain when you get bit.

49 minutes ago, knapplc said:

OH NOES!!!

Zero sympathy for Sinema. She's completely abrogated her duties to her constituents. She should be hectored at weddings.

And, frankly, shame on those people for inviting her to their wedding. You lie with snakes, you can't complain when you get bit.

Ok. Does she have a family? They are probably next. Maybe the Dems should dial back the progressive polices.  They had an infrastructure bill ready to pass.

The Repubs didn’t have this much trouble with the T-party, although the T-party ended up getting Obama Care passed by messing up a special election in NY.

The progressives are acting like they have a mandate when the reality is people got sick of Trump. It smells like a desperate last hurray to me.

• Plus1 1