The Angry Violent Right

6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

@Ric Flair I don't want this question to be lost in the ongoing discussion about Republican xenophobia. 

Should Donald Trump have encouraged his sycophantic extremists by saying he would pay their legal bills if they roughed up his political opponents? 

It seems Ric can't answer that question without confronting his own assumptions. 

Let me be the student waving his hand in the class room. 

"Teacher, Teacher. I have the answer!!"

"Yes Johnny what is the answer?"

"NO - A 1000X NO.:HotTake:"

• Plus1 1

We ever think why people want to come to the US? Do we even care that people who are born into circumstances beyond their control are powerless to change their circumstances in their country? Have we even stopped to think that the floodgates might not open if we help these folks? 

Coming into the US is the last hope for some, most, of these people. The US represents an escape for these people from the dire circumstances of their lives that are beyond their control.

It seems heartless to just say, "turn around, we don't want you here", without much justification behind why we can't support them.

• Plus1 2

5 hours ago, knapplc said:

@Ric Flair I don't want this question to be lost in the ongoing discussion about Republican xenophobia. 

Should Donald Trump have encouraged his sycophantic extremists by saying he would pay their legal bills if they roughed up his political opponents? 

It amuses me that here on Bubble Board, I'm the token conservative you all run to with questions.

Trump was obviously not being serious. Despite that, no, he should not have said that.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, It'sNotAFakeID said:

We ever think why people want to come to the US? Do we even care that people who are born into circumstances beyond their control are powerless to change their circumstances in their country? Have we even stopped to think that the floodgates might not open if we help these folks? 

Coming into the US is the last hope for some, most, of these people. The US represents an escape for these people from the dire circumstances of their lives that are beyond their control.

It seems heartless to just say, "turn around, we don't want you here", without much justification behind why we can't support them.

I think people/Americans blame the citizens of a country for that country’s ills. Similarly, Americans take credit for American triumphs and the triumps of their political parties. It makes them feel bigger than they are. They get self worth out of it.