The Angry Violent Right

1 hour ago, Clifford Franklin said:

Welp, don't know what else I was suspecting, but still disappointed.

The answer is always more guns. No self-reflection.

Temple Israel here in Omaha has a police officer guarding the doors for all their major events but that is something the congregants think is important to spend money out of their budget on. Some places dont have the budget to do that. The fact you even need an armed guard at a place of worship shows where our country is at right now which is f#&%ing sad. 

• Plus1 2

33 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Temple Israel here in Omaha has a police officer guarding the doors for all their major events but that is something the congregants think is important to spend money out of their budget on. Some places dont have the budget to do that. The fact you even need an armed guard at a place of worship shows where are country is at right now which is f#&%ing sad. 

I read your post and immediately thought of this, which just popped up on my Twitter.

Add another to the "Marco Rubio is disappointment embodied" pile.

I like how he tries to make clearly dissimilar things equivalent by equating "false flag conspiracy theories" with "it's Trump's fault." One of those contains a kernel of truth, the other are the conspiratorial rantings of people who refuse to accept reality. But in Marco Rubio's mind, they're both equal parts to how both sides are at fault for unhinging our politics.

Marco Rubio is utterly full of crap. But this is another opportunity to portray himself as independent of thought and somehow more mature and responsible than his peers. Like a Ben Sasse with more name recognition but all the disappointment, IMO.

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

He's not a disappointment, he's Republican.  This is what this party has become. That is 100% the party line, that assigning rightful blame is the same as the kind of bigotry and inciting you see on Gab.

I just say disappointment in the sense that he was once hailed as someone young and promising who had the potential to transcend this two-party crap we've had going for so long and actually have what's best for the whole country as his guiding principle - but he's utterly failed. He did exactly what you'd expect any other disappointing politician to do.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

The Pittsburgh shooter shot armed police officers.  Even if the synagogue had armed security, it wasn’t going to stop this guy.

Hey, it turns out the Pittsburgh shooter is NOT a Trump fan or even a Trump voter. 

Because he  thinks Donald Trump isn't racist or nationalist enough. 

And the White House/Fox will be using that as political cover. Crazy.

3 minutes ago, mrandyk said:

@HuskerNation1 Where are you?

I think they're still stuck over in the Brett Kavanaugh Gloating thread.