The Angry Violent Right

On 4/9/2022 at 7:45 AM, Archy1221 said:

My guess without knowing the facts at trial, the defense successfully argued whatever comments you are referring to were bluster and FBI agents targeted those people based on the comments and talked them into plotting a kidnapping crime they otherwise wouldn’t have tried 

I guess it’s a good thing for them I wasn’t on the jury. IMO you can’t talk somebody into an unwilling kidnapping plot. They either plotted a kidnapping or they didn’t. I don’t care if there’s a hundred FBI agents trying convince them it’s the right thing to do. Once they agree to it, they’re guilty…..imo.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
  • 4 weeks later...

The angry violent right spurred on by racists likes Elise Stafanik, Matt Gaetz, and Tucker Carlson.  MAGA?

Maybe this was the messaging Trumpists we're bellowing about when the GOP replaced Cheney with this thing.

"The Harvard-educated Ms. Stefanik surely knows the sordid history and context of this. The idea of stoking racial, ethnic, and religious tribalism among voters dates back to this country’s earliest days. At various times, politicians have warned that Catholics, Jews, or Muslims were out to change the “culture,” or that Irish, Italian, Asian or eastern European immigrants would take the jobs — to 'replace' white, Protestant Americans," the editorial board explained. "If there’s anything that needs replacing in this country — and in the Republican party — it’s the hateful rhetoric that Ms. Stefanik and far too many of her colleagues so shamelessly spew."

• Plus1 4

11 minutes ago, commando said:

jailbait ted?   who listens to him?

Musically I'm sure some still do but everyone who was there definitely heard the hate speech calling for more violence at comrade drump's 'presidential rally' yesterday.  Trump's base thinks nothing of it and in fact I'm pretty sure some were thrilled to hear that kind of talk.

Just what this country needs right now......

• Plus1 1

7 hours ago, Scarlet said:

The angry violent right spurred on by racists likes Elise Stafanik, Matt Gaetz, and Tucker Carlson.  MAGA?

Maybe this was the messaging Trumpists we're bellowing about when the GOP replaced Cheney with this thing.

But I've heard rumors of men playing women's sports and inflation is high. 

Seriously though, we're going to lose to this. This is what we get when we treat the GOP as a legitimate force instead of simply dismissing it like we should. Frankly, America is getting what it deserves. 

• Plus1 1
  • 3 weeks later...