The Angry Violent Right

14 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Why does it matter what color the police officer is?  Shouldn't we still hold them accountable for their actions?

The color matters in a big way

if the narrative is many white cops are racist and murder blacks 

but the data shows that black cops kill black suspects at a 3/1 rate that whites kill blacks in those very same stations 

then the data overwhelmingly show that that narrative is absolute nonsense 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, OTHusker said:

but the data shows that black cops kill black suspects at a 3/1 rate that whites kill blacks

Black cops probably work in worse neighborhoods than white cops

The narrative is that the institution of the police force has some deeply ingrained problems of abuse of power and racial prejudice in its practice. It has little if nothing to do with individual white cops, it's a matter of the whole big thing. That means black cops can be equally part of that problem. And even when the representative situations have been found 'innocent', the DoJ has come in to all these places (Ferguson, Boston, Chicago, etc.) and found some EXTREMELY racist policies rather than policemen.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, OTHusker said:

black cops Shoot black suspects at a rate of 3-1 compared to white cops

are black cops racist murderers? 

Are you under the impression that black people can't be racist towards other black people?

The Science of Why Cops Shoot Young Black Men

Black-on-Black Racism: The Hazards of Implicit Bias

According to the Implicit Association Test, I have a "strong automatic preference for European Americans compared to African Americans." That's a sterile way of saying that I'm biased against black people. For most people, such a designation would probably be unsettling. After all, the United States is a nation that ostensibly aspires not to judge others "by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." But for me, it caused a mini-existential crisis.

Why? Because I'm black.

33 minutes ago, OTHusker said:

but the data shows that black cops kill black suspects at a 3/1 rate that whites kill blacks in those very same stations 

If someone is under the impression that this is a "white" cop issue, they are sadly mistaken.  I'm not sure why you think it's being painted that way.  I can think of several situations over the last 10 years where the cop in question was black or a minority.

These are the cops who were involved with the Freddie Gray incident.

See anything interesting?

150902115942-freddie-gray-officer-hearin

Does this mean that what happened to Freddie Gray was perfectly fine?  Nobody should be upset or protest against it?

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

If someone is under the impression that this is a "white" cop issue, they are sadly mistaken.  I'm not sure why you think it's being painted that way.  I can think of several situations over the last 10 years where the cop in question was black or a minority.

Does this mean that what happened to Freddie Gray was perfectly fine?  Nobody should be upset or protest against it?

3 white

3 black

but 5 male

44 minutes ago, OTHusker said:

Whites make up over 6o  percent of our population

but only 23 percent of nba players

does the nba discriminate against whites? 

Blacks make up about 13 percent of our population but commit 48 percent of the murders 

one might surmise more blacks would be involved in lethal situations with police than others right? 

Thank you for giving us an example of a straw man.

39 minutes ago, OTHusker said:

If you read this you would get it

police engagements to death ratio much Lower with blacks compared to whites 

black cops Shoot black suspects at a rate of 3-1 compared to white cops

are black cops racist murderers? 

https://imprimis.hillsdale.edu/the-danger-of-the-black-lives-matter-movement/

I skimmed your article but I didn't find you comment about police engagements and outcomes. That being said there are any number of reasons why that could be true. I can almost guarantee you African Americans are more likely to be engaged by police for criminal and  non-criminal issues which will skew any statistics.

Ultimately where this is leading is down the rabbit hole, but you'll refuse to see how deep it goes. I'll tell you that most of the statistics you are throwing out are related to institutional racism and over reach. You'll say "yeah, but that was years ago" look at this over here. I'll continue to point out how stop and frisk was only a few years ago, crack and cocaine have only been punished in a similar fashion recently, and how it's insane to crack down on neighborhoods by sending their young men and father's to jail for petty crimes and then demand that they pull themselves up by their boot straps. 

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Hillsdale U is Trump propaganda.  Doubt everything you read from that source.

7 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Hillsdale U is Trump propaganda.  Doubt everything you read from that source.

Ok 

it’s a conservative Christian school started by aboloisonists

But attacking the school because it’s conservative instead of reading and commenting on the data presented is kinda like attacking the ocs for her residence or obama because of his jeans 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It is being painted that way

racist white cops are killing black youth

that is how it has been framed for the start 

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I don't know how everyone prefers to identify themselves, but as a liberal coming on this board, I find the positions taken on virtually every topic to lean overwhelmingly liberal (though not necessarily Democratic). If the question is whether self-identified conservatives coming here feel largely outnumbered — and it is — it's a bit disingenuous to claim otherwise. 

The number of conservatives who have disengaged from Trump, and the number of Trump supporters afraid to defend him in this forum, is extremely relevant.

I actually can't think of anything more relevant. 

These same people probably think Obama was an extremely liberal president and Clinton was an extremely liberal candidate.

Trump support is not relevant to the conversation, because the conversation was not differentiating between Trump supporters and non Trump supporters. It was about liberals and conservatives.

Because some of the conservatives who post here don’t support Trump does not make them non conservative. Because some of the moderates who post here don’t support Trump does not make them liberal. 

The claim is false unless you redefine “overwhelming.” There are more moderates here than liberals.

Trump supporters “feeling” outnumbered is also not relevant, nor is the number afraid to defend him. They are outnumbered, like I said, but the discussion was about conservatives and liberals.

Conservatives “feeling” overwhelmingly outnumbered is also not the discussion. It’s whether they actually are. The discussion had nothing to do with how people feel and everything to do with the statement that the posters are overwhelmingly liberal. We could have a discussion on why people might feel that’s the case, but it is a different discussion.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

By whom?  And, even if it is....why promote this myth?  And, you didn't answer my questions.

And.....You still haven't said why this is Obama's fault.

It is partially Obama’s fault because he chose not to diffuse the situation by presenting the truth

The data says white cops are not targeting black youths for death

white cops are far less likely than black cops to murder a young black man

the incidence of lethal force is much higher per incident against whites than with black suspects 

the data clearly shows the reduction in crime in the last 20 plus years through more aggressive policing has resulted in far fewer blacks being murdered 

the data also shows the Ferguson effect of significantly higher numbers of black murders once policing efforts have been lessened in those areas 

• Plus1 1