Brachos sound great.

I love putting copious amounts of Tabasco, Frank's Red Hot, and sriracha on lots of different things. Sometimes I just can't get enough of it. And I love jalapenos. But just when I start to think I'm some sort of badass when it comes to spice, I'll eat at our local Indian restaurant. They have a heat scale between 0-6. My wife orders the 0, but a 2 is plenty hot for me. 3 is too much. I know some guys that get the 6 all the time, and I just can't comprehend enjoying anything that hot. I bow down to those of you who can handle super-spicy Asian foods.

1 minute ago, Ulty said:

Brachos sound great.

I love putting copious amounts of Tabasco, Frank's Red Hot, and sriracha on lots of different things. Sometimes I just can't get enough of it. And I love jalapenos. But just when I start to think I'm some sort of badass when it comes to spice, I'll eat at our local Indian restaurant. They have a heat scale between 0-6. My wife orders the 0, but a 2 is plenty hot for me. 3 is too much. I know some guys that get the 6 all the time, and I just can't comprehend enjoying anything that hot. I bow down to those of you who can handle super-spicy Asian foods.

I am the same...I don't really like the spice that is so hot it is burning.  I like a little kick.  Usually for me it is the smell that gives it away.    (I say that about a lot of things...wink)

4 minutes ago, Ulty said:

Brachos sound great.

I ate at an Thai Restaurant in Dallas this summer.  I thought I was being cautious.  I ordered the Pad Thai.  The waitress asked me if I wanted mild, medium or hot.  I ordered medium.  She warned me that they get their peppers directly from Thailand and they are hotter than what I would be used to.  I told her I liked hot food and thought to myself...Good lord, I ordered the medium.

I just about couldn't finish it.  It was so good though I had to keep eating.

Yeah....that was another one I regretted later.

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I ate at an Thai Restaurant in Dallas this summer.  I thought I was being cautious.  I ordered the Pad Thai.  The waitress asked me if I wanted mild, medium or hot.  I ordered medium.  She warned me that they get their peppers directly from Thailand and they are hotter than what I would be used to.  I told her I liked hot food and thought to myself...Good lord, I ordered the medium.

I just about couldn't finish it.  It was so good though I had to keep eating.

Yeah....that was another one I regretted later.

Haha...That is so funny!  You know you should stop, you know it will hurt later but you just can't give up!

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

That sums me up with hot foods.  It's like my brain is telling me the next bite is going to cool my mouth.

It is like with pizza right out of the oven...you know it is going to burn the s#!t out of the roof of your mouth...yet so many people still dig right in!

I WATCH A LOT OF FOOD VIDEOS ON INSTAGRAM (MY THEORY IS THAT IF I'M HUNGRY AND I WATCH ENOUGH FOOD VIDEOS I EVENTUALLY GET KINDA GROSSED OUT AND THEN I'M NOT HUNGRY ANYMORE) SO I SEE A LOT OF ADS FOR FOOD-RELATED THINGS. ONE THAT I'VE SEEN A LOT LATELY IS FOR FUEGO BOX. IT'S BASICALLY A MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION FOR HOT SAUCES. YOU CAN ALSO JUST BUY THE SAUCES DIRECTLY: https://www.fuegobox.com/

Ditto Tapatio, a little better than Cholula IMO. Tabasco is too damn vinegary, though their chipotle sauce ain't bad. Shark is my favorite Thai sriracha, especially the 'strong' version, although the American-made Huy Fong rooster stuff is good too. Sometimes I just grab whatever sounds good at the store. The other day I bought a couple bottles of Torched hot sauces that I found on the clearance rack at Home Goods. Pretty good, I might go back & try the other flavors, but I wouldn't pay the regular price for them.

36 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I just watched the Tenacious D one.  It was the best episode of that show I've seen.

Edit: I meant to quote @GSG's post.

I haven't watched that one yet. The Rachel Ray one was kinda funny cuz she just ate spoonfuls of the sauces, then she had it all over her nose and was talking about her "boob sweat" :lol:

I love Hot Ones. The first episode I saw was Charlize Theron, who was super cool and it made me really like her. I've watched probably 50 episodes of it. It's funny to watch all these celebrities lose their minds. The Terry Crewes one was really funny. Tyra Banks was a champ. Joel Embiid didn't even swig water or milk, and he took huge bites of the wings.  I'm not much of a Rachel Ray fan, but she was really cool on that show, too. I think she's the one who just ate it off the spoon?  DJ Khaled punted on them, which is what I would probably do. That stuff would kill me.

The best sauce on there is Da Bomb, which everyone hates because it's just pure evil capsaicin. Lots of people struggle through the first ones but they tough it out, then they do Da Bomb and thy just swear at it/about it. 

I've started liking spicy foods more as I get older. I used be really weak with that stuff, but I have three different kinds of tabasco in my cabinet now, along with Cholula and sriracha sauce. I love sriracha!

EDIT - also, about Hot Ones: one of the producers for 10/11, Brett Baker, is a Hot Ones superfan and has his own cult following. He did an episode where he interviewed Sean. It's funny & worth checking out.