Beaver tampering(not the good kind)

C N Red

12 hours ago, WyoHusker56 said:

The one I find most interesting is Lindsey. He risked having to sit out this year and next year unless he landed at a school on quarters system still enrolling kids. He had to have known that Oregon St was going to take him because it was basically his only option to avoid sitting out almost two years. Gebbia is suspicious just because of how quickly he pulled the trigger too. Seemed like he knew exactly where he was headed when he asked for release. Those cases make it seem like tampering could have been the case. 

It has always appeared to me that Gebbia had been hedging his bet.  I'm sure he knew exactly where he was headed months before he asked for a release.  He was simply staying here to see if he was going to be announced the starter or not.  Once he wasn't named the starter, he bolted for what was his plan B all along. 

When we look back at this five years from now, we might very well see it as a blessing.  The best and fastest way for Frost and staff to turn this thing around is getting their players in the system.  By having several departures now, it will eventually free up scholarships for players better suited for our schemes. 

• Plus1 3

Word is since Lindsay was able to get enrolled at Oregon State yet this fall, he'll be able to sit out three of their quarters and play next year as a RS Soph.

He was at practice on a Tuesday and enrolled there on Friday.  Reports are that is almost impossible to do without having a lot of help behind the scenes.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Word is since Lindsay was able to get enrolled at Oregon State yet this fall, he'll be able to sit out three of their quarters and play next year as a RS Soph.

He was at practice on a Tuesday and enrolled there on Friday.  Reports are that is almost impossible to do without having a lot of help behind the scenes.

Sounds like he was 100% bought in here and changed his mind at the last minute. :sarcasm

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Well... They got a full year to teach him the directions North and South, otherwise he will just be an average player.

3 hours ago, Mavric said:

Also heard that Lucky Radley (brother of Bookie Radley-Hiles) came to Lincoln to help him through the process on that Tuesday and Wednesday.

No way a player can be at practice on Tuesday in Nebraska, have help lined up for Tues and Wed and be enrolled at OSU by Friday (the last possible day) without help and contact before he announced his desire to transfer. Pretty much a physical and logistical impossibility. It also helps explain why it seemed to take the coaches by surprise. They were probably aware that he was having some attitude problems but by that time just didn’t think it was feasible for him to do what he did.

Personally I’m glad that whole Calibraska deal is dead and buried. What a f’n joke. Buncha spoiled prima donnas that didn’t want to put in the work. Just wanted starting positions handed to them. Much better off without them.

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Personally I’m glad that whole Calibraska deal is dead and buried. What a f’n joke. Buncha spoiled prima donnas that didn’t want to put in the work. Just wanted starting positions handed to them. Much better off without them.

Exactly!! And a lot of people  (including me) were all excited when they were visiting and committing. 

• Fire 1
10 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Also heard that Lucky Radley (brother of Bookie Radley-Hiles) came to Lincoln to help him through the process on that Tuesday and Wednesday.

No way a player can be at practice on Tuesday in Nebraska, have help lined up for Tues and Wed and be enrolled at OSU by Friday (the last possible day) without help and contact before he announced his desire to transfer. Pretty much a physical and logistical impossibility. It also helps explain why it seemed to take the coaches by surprise. They were probably aware that he was having some attitude problems but by that time just didn’t think it was feasible for him to do what he did.

I would think with the good old interweb that getting enrolled would be easy now.  I guess you would know better because you just went through it all with your party-all-the-time raging beer-bonger of a daughter but don't you just submit your stuff online?  

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I would think with the good old interweb that getting enrolled would be easy now.  I guess you would know better because you just went through it all with your party-all-the-time raging beer-bonger of a daughter but don't you just submit your stuff online?  

It’s nowhere near that quick and easy. It absolutely required advanced planning and contact prior to that Tuesday. Either that OSU has a significantly faster and easier process than NU and Tyjon is significantly sharper than my 4.5 GPA daughter :lol:

4 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

It’s nowhere near that quick and easy. It absolutely required advanced planning and contact prior to that Tuesday. Either that OSU has a significantly faster and easier process than NU and Tyjon is significantly sharper than my 4.5 GPA daughter :lol:

Haha!

I would think it would be sped up just because he was already admitted to a college?  Who knows...like you said though I am glad those guys are all gone.