Incendiary topic titles

Can we quit having topics like this? Can you see what this might lead to? Maybe make topics like “Violence by members of political parties” instead. I feel like topics with name calling or painting an entire group one way in the topic title should just be deleted from the start.

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

_blank_

Can we quit having topics like this? Can you see what this might lead to? Maybe make topics like “Violence by members of political parties” instead. I feel like topics with name calling or painting an entire group one way in the topic title should just be deleted from the start.

And I don’t believe the topic title. Just trying to get a point across.

That would require renaming several Trump threads like:

1. Trump: Taking credit where none is due"

2. Dont just impeach Trump...annul his Presidency. Perhaps the dumbest ever thread

3. Why is this Pres in denial about this?

4. Trumps voter fraud panel

5. In age of Trump still consequences of being racist

6. A Man you can bait with a tweet

That is just the first 2 pages...

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
6 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

2. Dont just impeach Trump...annul his Presidency. Perhaps the dumbest ever thread

Why are you unable to see how talking about one specific person is different than labeling an entire group based on a few?

7 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Just off the top of my head...

#1 is a topic about politicians claiming credit for stuff that stretch the limits of what they can take credit for. That's nothing new in politics.

#4 is literally what that panel is called. I'm not sure what else we could name it.

#6 was a turn of phrase in a debate.

I mean come on man. They're just people's opinions about the president and the government. Stop taking it personally. None of it is directed at you.

6 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

I mean come on man. They're just people's opinions about the president and the government. Stop taking it personally. None of it is directed at you.

They aren't even about the government in general. They're about 1 specific man. Republican Utopia might be an example to complain about except the word utopia is used because they control all the branches.

19 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Why are you unable to see how talking about one specific person is different than labeling an entire group based on a few?

Wow I thought you were serious about improving the thread titles.  The one person you are referring to has many followers and an entire movement behind him. I didnt call out all Trump threads....these are just the main threads with a negative tone to encourage others to bash him.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
5 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Wow I thought you were serious about improving the thread titles.  The one person you are referring to has many followers and an entire movement behind him. I didnt call out all Trump threads....these are just the main threads with a negative tone to encourage others to bash him.  

Seriously, how are you not able to see how they aren't even close to the same thing?

Let's say person A steals some jewelry and he's White.

One topic is created saying person A is an asshole.

Another topic is created saying White people are assholes.

Are these the same thing? For God's sake re-read the original post. I'm talking about painting a picture of the entire group with the title of the topic. Is your name Donald Trump?

18 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

Just off the top of my head...

#1 is a topic about politicians claiming credit for stuff that stretch the limits of what they can take credit for. That's nothing new in politics.

#4 is literally what that panel is called. I'm not sure what else we could name it.

#6 was a turn of phrase in a debate.

So if I titled a bunch of threads as follows about a single person it would be ok to you?

1. Obama...reasons he was a racist and liar

2. Hillary...Lock Her Up

3.  Obama...Blaming Bush constantly

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, HuskerNation1 said:

So if I titled a bunch of threads as follows about a single person it would be ok to you?

2. Hillary...Lock Her Up

It wouldn't be "ok" because 1 and 3 are inaccurate and 2 is stupid, but it's not something I think should be deleted, as I do with your silly "Angry Violent Left" topic.

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

It wouldn't be "ok" because 1 and 3 are inaccurate and 2 is stupid, but it's not something I think should be deleted, as I do with your silly "Angry Violent Left" topic.

That is your OPINION that 1 and 3 are inaccurate and 2 is stupid.  Meanwhile there are REAL examples of the Left being angry and going over the top. Its an important political topic that is relevant as it has dramatically increased GOP enthusiasm which will have a. effect on the midterms. Just because you choose to ignore that reality does not mean its not real.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
3 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Obviously :facepalm:

You are missing the point yet again.

You stated earlier that the threads I cited which were negative toward Trump were acceptable because you felt they were true and it was about a single person, but if similar threads were started about Obama or Hillary that woukd not be acceptable because, in your mind, it was not accurate. 

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

2. Hillary...Lock Her Up

Yeah man I really don't care. I'm super pro-1A.

I generally think people should be able to say whatever they want and the marketplace of ideas will let them know if it's a good hot take or an idiotic view they probably shouldn't hold.