Noah Vedral now eligible, traveled to Northwestern

On 10/13/2018 at 1:08 PM, Nebfanatic said:

I think Bunch may be better. He looked better in the spring game.

Vedral’s reps in spring practices were limited behind the other QB’s, that’s why he looked so inferior to the others. Not saying Vedral is a world-beater, but he looked competent running the offense as UCF’s backup in 2017.  I think he would be an upgrade over Bunch. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Vedral’s reps in spring practices were limited behind the other QB’s, that’s why he looked so inferior to the others. Not saying Vedral is a world-beater, but he looked competent running the offense as UCF’s backup in 2017.  I think he would be an upgrade over Bunch. 

Yeah, the HOL guys said as much during this weeks podcast. They expected Noah to be scout team, so he barely got reps. Sounds like UCF really sandbagged this case.

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, Hunter94 said:

i think Noah would have been better of staying at UCF.

It would be interesting to see an alternate universe situation if Vedral stayed at UCF.  He obviously wouldn't be playing the next 2 years with Milton and it's doubtful he redshirts (although I could be wrong) so he'd have a crack at winning the job as a Senior under a coaching staff that didn't recruit him.

I'm not sure what Vedral plans on long term but if it's coaching, getting a front row seat to the Scott Frost experience will probably give him a leg up.  

Now, for playing time the only real chance he'll have is if Martinez leaves after his junior year and Vedral will have a shot in what will be his RS Sr. year and he'll need to beat out all the QBs getting recruited behind him.

• Plus1 3
33 minutes ago, Hunter94 said:

i think Noah would have been better of staying at UCF.

In terms of playing time, you are probably right.  But, sometimes local kids like Noah want to play for Nebraska, even if it's a diminished role on the team.  If he is looking to get into coaching, he is basically an assistant coach on the team as a back-up player.

• Plus1 5

On 10/13/2018 at 10:52 AM, tmfr15 said:

Vederal was a beast, albeit in Class C1 of Nebraska high school football at Wahoo Neumann.

Not dissing you here, but while you praise him as a beast, it appears you take away, when you identify his results, as only being against a non-class A nebraska school. IMO, I came from a class A school, (200 years ago :P) and I have seen class B, C1, C2, athletes, and there is not much disparity when it comes to those who are at the top. It is purely the numbers of those top players, that is the difference. 

Yes, which means he is playing against less top players, but the Huskers have had many of star athletes, come form B, C1, C2.

All I mean to say is that he was big time at a smaller high school in Nebraska. Does it translate to big success at D1 football, we'll see. 

Tim Tebow was an absolute beast in college football but that probably means little when you judge his NFL results.

Failure at the next level doesn't negate the previous success at the lower level. And success at a lower level doesn't guarantee anything at the next level.