*** Official Northwestern Game Thread ***

Mavric

1 minute ago, TheSker said:

Speed is talent, not scheme sir.

And oyu can't teach speed, but you can teach scheme and technique to cover up these issues.  Seems we scheme to expose these issues...... Troy better than us?  Purdue?  North Western and their 1 dimesional O.  Chin had one job today.  Scheme to stop the pass.  Thorson threw for close to 500 today.....I'm sick of of the excuses it's a talent issue.  Friggin scheme with the talent you have.  That's coaching.  That's square peg round hole.  Same thing we have seen for years.  Frost is our coach.  I'm in for the long haul.  Just sick of the staff getting passes.  A good DC would figure out a way to use lesser talent and win...

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, TheSker said:

Speed is talent, not scheme sir.

And oyu can't teach speed, but you can teach scheme and technique to cover up these issues.  Seems we scheme to expose these issues...... Troy better than us?  Purdue?  North Western and their 1 dimesional O.  Chin had one job today.  Scheme to stop the pass.  Thorson threw for close to 500 today.....I'm sick of of the excuses it's a talent issue.  Friggin scheme with the talent you have.  That's coaching.  That's square peg round hole.  Same thing we have seen for years.  Frost is our coach.  I'm in for the long haul.  Just sick of the staff getting passes.  A good DC would figure out a way to use lesser talent and win...

1 minute ago, lo country said:

You think you can cover up a talent issue.....especially as significant as ours?

You think continually changing DCs is the answer?

5 minutes ago, Decked said:

Frost needs to relieve himself of playcalling duties. 

Unsure why he called some of the stuff he called tonight.  Mind boggling....

-Chin is not the answer at DC. UCF fans were correct

Remember when Connecticut fans came on this board and said Diaco stunk and no one believed them......

-I will be happy when Reed, A Williams, Jackson, Neal, Young, and Freedom move on.

Defensively there is not enough to work with.  Chin has done nothing to assist them with his defensive play calling.

-Hats off to Barry, Gifford, Martinez, Spielman, Washington, and Zig. Those guys want to win so bad. 

They played their asses off and deserved the win.  Staff blew this one.

-Worst special teams I’ve ever seen. 

Ever.  Penalty every drive.  No attempt to return punts....

Young guys need to play more. 

Worries me that they are not playing more.

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, lo country said:

Friggin scheme with the talent you have.  That's coaching.  That's square peg round hole. 

Which is surprising when you look at Frost's most direct mentor, Chip Kelly, and his knack for doing exactly that. His stuff may have gotten old and figured out, but he always had something for everyone. 

1 minute ago, louisianared said:

Frost post game presser is one of the most heartbreaking these I’ve ever seen.  Brutal

When he walked off looked like close to crying or killing someone or both.

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, lo country said:

And oyu can't teach speed, but you can teach scheme and technique to cover up these issues.

What do you think is a primary reason Frost recruited Mike Williams, Maurice Washington and Adrian Martinez?

Speed.  Speed.  Speed.

You're gonna have to let "awe shucks" players cycle out.

9 minutes ago, Decked said:

Frost needs to relieve himself of playcalling duties. 

-Chin is not the answer at DC. UCF fans were correct

-I will be happy when Reed, A Williams, Jackson, Neal, Young, and Freedom move on.

-Hats off to Barry, Gifford, Martinez, Spielman, Washington, and Zig. Those guys want to win so bad. 

-Worst special teams I’ve ever seen. 

Young guys need to play more. 

Absolutely. This ones on poor coaching. Played not to lose in the last 5 minutes. An absolute coaching meltdown 

• Plus1 1