*** Official Northwestern Game Thread ***

Mavric

Agreed. This team has a FEW talented players. Not enough however. Especially weak at DB, both lines, and LB. We need talent in the two deep as well.  However, a lot of the guys that bloated the past recruiting rankings are gone (Lindsey, Keyshawn, Gebbia, Roberts), don’t play/just flat out haven’t developed to a quality player (Lee, Anderson, Dismuke, Farmer, Foster, M.Farniok, and McQuitty) or have attitude problems (Jackson/Reed) 

still choked away this game and should have won. 

I love how literally everyone always says give them time and it’s a process.... we all even said it st the beginning of this process.  Then I read all this “releaved of play calling duties” and “fire chin he’s no good”.   You guys seriously are ridiculous.   This team is out there putting their hearts on the line.  Yes they are making dumb mistakes but there is a lot of positives as well. Watching how they interact with one another and how hard they work is encouraging.  They aren’t quitting, stop quitting on them.   (Coming from a guy who drove to Chicago and spent his hard earned money to support this team)

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

Just now, lo country said:

That's what I'm saying.  Who is here now?  Whose job is it to develop talent.  Win with what you have.  This is our worst season ever.  That's not all on the kids.  

Did we win with what we had the past 3 seasons?

Do you think development occurs in 1 off-season?

Seriously......do you?

4 minutes ago, lo country said:

I'll agree with you on this.  Said earlier, watching our DL, they would look much better with a legitimate edge rusher.  We don't have one.  That's my frustration.  They have 5 down lineman and we rush hat on hat with 3 and have Gifford as the edge rusher.......No pressure at all.  Give Thorson a clean pocket all day.  Not even an elite DB can cover for the amount of time he had.  And we are far form elite in this category.  A way to counter? They block with 5, send 6....We didn't.

:yeah  and there it is.  Agree we have no pass rushers, so you need to adjust...our hat on their hat will not get it done as evidenced not only today but in every game.  Our DL doesn't even twist or try...they just try to push back and the QB easily steps up in a clean pocket to pick us apart.  The OL's who play against us have a very easy job. 

This was tough. For the players, the coaches, the fans...

There were mistakes made by players and mistakes made by coaches. I really wanted to win, and I know they all did, too. I know this is going to take time. And I know that losing today sucked. I know the players will learn and do better, and the coaches will learn and do better. It’s okay to be upset, but we can’t lose faith. I have faith this team and these coaches will change the culture Riley brought in, and in time it will translate into wins. Be patient, the sky isn’t falling, guys. 

Just now, Huskinator said:

I love how literally everyone always says give them time and it’s a process.... we all even said it st the beginning of this process.  Then I read all this “releaved of play calling duties” and “fire chin he’s no good”.   You guys seriously are ridiculous.   This team is out there putting their hearts on the line.  Yes they are making dumb mistakes but there is a lot of positives as well. Watching how they interact with one another and how hard they work is encouraging.  They aren’t quitting, stop quitting on them.   (Coming from a guy who drove to Chicago and spent his hard earned money to support this team)

No one really mean give them more time it’s what people say when the situation is hopeless 

Just now, WyoHusker56 said:

I don't want the coaches fired. We need 3 years of consistency for the players sake. But that loss is on the staff. They need to step back and examine what happened. The 4th quarter didn't look like the Oregon and UCF teams that won a lot.  

Possibly because we don't have Oregon or UCF talent, especially on defense?

Maybe......?

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

What did he say?

Not a whole lot but frustration was the major take away. He felt bad for his players that they dint get the win, and they deserve a win, and loosing and winning can become habits. Those where my take away.

• Fire 1
18 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

If there was a ranking for the dumbest team in FBS, we win that championship trophy hands down. We are sinking so low that there is no light in the tunnel anymore...we are hundreds of miles away from any light...it is going to be a very long wait till we see what next year brings. 2018 is not a husker year. I am going to follow volleyball the rest of this season. At least our lady Huskers have mojo. Our football players have no family jewels anymore.

Enjoy your volleyball sir.  Sorry to see you go.

• Thanks 1