*** Official Northwestern Game Thread ***

Mavric

3 minutes ago, TheSker said:

......meaning the culpability of the coaches.  The coaches are staying.  Players will start filtering out and being replaced.

Well we are on a message board. In our infinite collective wisdom, we are debating the merits of the team.  Within the context of our pissing and moaning...culpability is the main issue. The team lost. Who’s to blame?  (Argument ensues). By Thursday we’re back on the optimism wagon. And repeat. 

19 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

Well we are on a message board. In our infinite collective wisdom, we are debating the merits of the team.  Within the context of our pissing and moaning...culpability is the main issue. The team lost. Who’s to blame?  (Argument ensues). By Thursday we’re back on the optimism wagon. And repeat. 

ygft8.jpg

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
3 hours ago, TheSker said:

You think you can cover up a talent issue.....especially as significant as ours?

You think continually changing DCs is the answer?

You've said repeatedly that Nebraska has the talent to compete,  it's just been mis-coached.

But that was last year. When Nebraska actually won 4 games. 

(relax. i really do see better times ahead)

33 minutes ago, TheSker said:

......meaning the culpability of the coaches.  The coaches are staying.  Players will start filtering out and being replaced.

My fear here is that it's going to be tough to recruit better talent to an 0-12 or 1-11 or 2-10 team.

1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I've never seen a worse display of "football" than I did in the final five minutes of this game. This was the epitome of the phrase "they pissed down their leg." I'm sick and tired of hearing how good they looked all week in practice, only to see the same old undisciplined sloppy play at gametime.

Maybe the practice refs should start throwing flags at random to simulate mistakes during a real game.

1 minute ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

You've said repeatedly that Nebraska has the talent to compete,  it's just been mis-coached.

But that was last year. When Nebraska actually won 4 games. 

(relax. i really do see better times ahead)

I see better times ahead too, signs of it now.

3 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

My fear here is that it's going to be tough to recruit better talent to an 0-12 or 1-11 or 2-10 team.

I understand that concern....truly.

But I think one thing Frost has that we've lacked for who knows how long is a heavy hitter (and closer) on the recruiting trail.

3 minutes ago, TheSker said:

I understand that concern....truly.

But I think one thing Frost has that we've lacked for who knows how long is a heavy hitter (and closer) on the recruiting trail.

I hope he can get a top 30 recruiting class this season and hang on to the good players we already have, then win a bunch of games next year and get better classes going forward. I'm a little worried some of these talented freshman we have might leave.

14 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I hope he can get a top 30 recruiting class this season and hang on to the good players we already have, then win a bunch of games next year and get better classes going forward. I'm a little worried some of these talented freshman we have might leave.

I think we'll have a top 20 class and the freshmen will stay.

I think Frost is that good of a player's coach.

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, Huskinator said:

I love how literally everyone always says give them time and it’s a process.... we all even said it st the beginning of this process.  Then I read all this “releaved of play calling duties” and “fire chin he’s no good”.   You guys seriously are ridiculous.   This team is out there putting their hearts on the line.  Yes they are making dumb mistakes but there is a lot of positives as well. Watching how they interact with one another and how hard they work is encouraging.  They aren’t quitting, stop quitting on them.   (Coming from a guy who drove to Chicago and spent his hard earned money to support this team)

First of all, I realize this comment is directed at those calling for jobs. I would like to say that I personally owe the team nothing and they owe me nothing. If I choose to do better things with my time...since this is supposed to be entertainment...then that's ok too.  

The team looked better against a mediocre team. The team is still utter slop at times and I just can't watch it anymore after 6 games of the same bone headed plays. 

You want to spend money to support a team, that's fine. You want to invest yourself emotionally in a game. That's fine too. I used to be that way. Life got real and now for me, it's too short to waste my free time and emotion on something unfulfilling. The first 4 weeks I watched every play enjotime the growing process. But ugh it's wearing on me now. And that's ok too.

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, irafreak said:

First of all, I realize this comment is directed at those calling for jobs. I would like to say that I personally owe the team nothing and they owe me nothing. If I choose to do better things with my time...since this is supposed to be entertainment...then that's ok too.  

The team looked better against a mediocre team. The team is still utter slop at times and I just can't watch it anymore after 6 games of the same bone headed plays. 

You want to spend money to support a team, that's fine. You want to invest yourself emotionally in a game. That's fine too. I used to be that way. Life got real and now for me, it's too short to waste my free time and emotion on something unfulfilling. The first 4 weeks I watched every play enjotime the growing process. But ugh it's wearing on me now. And that's ok too.

That is perfectly fine. I have no issue with people banking out and supporting from afar.  The people that think that the coaches can’t coach.... give them time.  Some of these players are not who we thought they were.  It’s VERY evident

23 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I'm actually impressed how quickly Frost pulled a Bill Callahan and turtled up on offense. 

Well you can go with a running attack that's been excellent all game, take time off the clock and hope that you bust at least one of those three runs for a first down.

Or you can throw the ball and risk an incomplete pass that will have every armchair Nebraska quarterback wondering why you've lost your mind. 

Frost called a pretty good game. If the defense had held up its end, we'd be spared the second-guessing. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1