Touchdown Tommie throwing shade at the coaching staff

BoSolich

5 hours ago, Bigred_inSD said:

BuT THe ReFs CoSt NeBrAsKa tHe GaMe

I don’t agree with that at all...

I also wonder if Frazier’s comment was a shot at the players or fans that are blaming the coaches...

5 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

This staff deserves everything they've got coming, in regards to criticism.... All the petty jabs at Riley/Callahan, they are fielding the biggest embarrassment in program history.

Have you seriously forgotten?

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, Hayseed said:

Everybody is throwing shade at the coaching staff. Was Ozigbo hurt when he missed the series after he tore them up? Did someone tell him to sit so NW could catch up?

He did leave the field after tapping his head and went straight for water. Don’t think he was hurt, just needed breather.

so now Washington sucks?

3 hours ago, alwayshusking said:

Truth is they deserve it. I hope Scott calls Tommie and embraces him. Tommie isn't just a former player, he's an icon.  Scott has a 7 year contract and is a big enough man. 

Why should Scott call tommie for crying out loud?

44 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Was he being facetious with that tweet?  I don't listen to his podcast so I have no idea if that was some jab at the coaches or defending the coaches from people complaining that the coaches lost the game. 

He posted this on facebook after the game.

ymYOPl6.jpg

This. I’m pretty sure he was calling out dumb fans... 

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, ScottyIce said:

He did leave the field after tapping his head and went straight for water. Don’t think he was hurt, just needed breather.

so now Washington sucks?

Why should Scott call tommie for crying out loud?

I thought I remembered Ozigbo running all over them in one series then not taking the field in the next....maybe that's not right? I can't believe he needed a breather in the next series.

54 minutes ago, lo country said:

As harsh as this appears on first read, there is some truth to this.......

54 minutes ago, lo country said:
2 hours ago, Hunter94 said:

the old excuse is tired and worn out........"let him get his own guys in"............bulls#!t, win some easy games and coach your kids up to win!

There's a lot of truth to this concerning the defense. 

3 hours ago, knapplc said:

Was he being facetious with that tweet?  I don't listen to his podcast so I have no idea if that was some jab at the coaches or defending the coaches from people complaining that the coaches lost the game. 

ymYOPl6.jpg

Why y'all hating on Tommy? 

4 hours ago, lo country said:

The reality is this.  Right or wrong, if anyone but Frost had us 0-6, and the worst start to a season in 129 years (IIRC) there would not be one thread defending him.

No matter who it would or could be leading us to 0-6, there would be PLENTY of threads defending them. People aren't exactly rational, after all. Cheering for a sport team is a tribal social identity sort of a thing - people will always fundamentally look for reasons and justifications and stretches of the imagination to come up with some kind of optimism and belief that things will be good and okay and how they ought to be. 

12 hours ago, knapplc said:

ymYOPl6.jpg

My first thought when I read the tweet was  “I can totally believe the coaches couldn’t win the game because they aren’t on the field playing the game “  I thought it might have been more of a jab at some fans who are laying all the blame on the coaches . There are many reasons we lost these 6 games and coaching is only part of it . 

13 hours ago, lo country said:

The reality is this.  Right or wrong, if anyone but Frost had us 0-6, and the worst start to a season in 129 years (IIRC) there would not be one thread defending him.  Not one....Frost was and is the right guy for the hire.  If he can't right this ship, we are going to be the Illinois/Rutgers of the B1G.  It appears to be that simple IMHO.  We need to give him time, let him get his guys in, but no denying he doesn't deserve some criticism.  If anyone understands this, it's Frost.  He is his own hardest critic.

Watching a brief clip at the Wisky UM half time, he looks so disappointed.  Almost unsure how to right the ship.  I am sure he has an idea, but to date nothing is working... 

It took 20 years to get here and people are picking out single plays or series that should have been called differently.  

It’ll get there.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1