Touchdown Tommie throwing shade at the coaching staff

BoSolich

20 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

The coaches have to own all the criticism at this point.  Regardless of who is giving it to them

Nope . What they have to do , and need to do , is block out all the talk and get back to work preparing for next Saturday’s game . We’ll have fun playing the blame game and arguing but in the end it really doesn’t matter what we say . It definitely shouldn’t anyway . 

• Plus1 1

13 hours ago, ScottyIce said:

Have you seriously forgotten?

Forgotten what? Your record trumps all, and neither of those coaches were ever remotely close to 0-6. 

I'm firmly in Frost's corner, but any criticism is fair. He's been completely underwhelming, and needs to be a lot better.

If you want to obliviously ride his **** into the sunset, have at it. Meanwhile, I'll stay in his corner, while trying to hold him to the standard that he laid out for this program.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2
3 minutes ago, TheSker said:

So the only way to hold him to this standard is through criticism?

There's a difference between calling for his head, and fair criticism. He 'deserves' any criticism he gets right. Do you have to be critical? No, but don't act like this isn't embarrassing. Or pretend it's better than Riley's 4-8, or Callahan's 5-7 (as Matty is). It's not.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

There's a difference between calling for his head, and fair criticism. He 'deserves' any criticism he gets right. Do you have to be critical? No, but don't act like this isn't embarrassing. Or pretend it's better than Riley's 4-8, or Callahan's 5-7 (as Matty is). It's not.

Riley was 4-8 in his third year with the program after a 30 year coaching career.

Frost is 0-6 after having a better season that Mike Riley EVER experienced.  Ever.

With the exception of the Michigan game, we've been competitive this season.

So is this better than Riley?  You have your perspective and I have mine.  Both are message board worthy I suppose.....

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
19 hours ago, Huskinator said:

What’s he doing now??? Didn’t he fail at Doan?  That’s right.  A failed washed up loser shouldn’t throw any shade... period 

Tommy was commenting on yesterday's game.  Not on anybody's career and legacy, let alone a creepy little, middle-school personal attack such as you just did. 

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, TheSker said:

Riley was 4-8 in his third year with the program after a 30 year coaching career.

Frost is 0-6 after having a better season that Mike Riley EVER experienced.  Ever.

So is this better than Riley?  You have your perspective and I have mine.  Both are message board worthy I suppose.....

I’m sorry.  There is no way the worst start in Husker history isn’t worse than Mike Riley’s 4-8.  

If this staff manages to get to 4-8 or so, it’s a different discussion 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2

This is cruel the way you fans take a single Tommie Frazier tweet and put malice into its meaning.  I find it very hard to believe that Tommie Frazier is going to maliciously go after his backup QB Scott Frost (from the '95 season) after Nebraska falls to 0-6.   I think Tommie was just shocked by the loss, but the Big Ten is gearing up for Nebraska right now.   I hate to see this happen.  I'm saddened by it too.   The ESPN culture typically has fans respond the way Tommie did.  In football, whether it's the NFL or college, the loss seems to fall on either the coaches or the players.  Naturally, in the NFL, the loss lays at the feet of those professional athletes while the coaching staff's role is viewed with less skepticism.  But in college ball, the brunt of a loss seems to attach the coaches to that situation -- or moment.   You guys are reading into Frazier's statements too much there.  I can't understand this hatred.  And to hold Tommie's short NAIA head coaching position over his head - is over the top in my opinion.   (Plus I think he did a fine job as an assistant coach at Baylor under Kevin Steele.)

Just imagine at my alma mater, the University of Georgia.   Are we as fans going to give our beloved Herschel Walker grief over a 2-year failed effort as head coach of Berry College?   LOL!  Hahahahahahaha!!  (Herschel ... You are a washed up loser!    LOL!!)    [I'm only kidding Herschel, if you see this post!   People on this website are being ugly to one of college football's finest players all time, and it saddens me.    You and Frazier are wonderful winners!]

That would not change Georgia fans' feelings of how they feel about Herschel Walker at all.   Believe me!   I know my own state.   And likewise, the short Doane College stint does not define Tommie as well.   Like Herschel Walker, Tommie Frazier guided Nebraska to national championships (somebody besides Alabama, thank the LORD).   And he played for Montreal in the CFL and also went on to coach at Baylor (where I think he needed to stay in the Division I level anyway).  

On 10/14/2018 at 10:23 AM, TheSker said:

4-8....and lost the last 4 of the season...so in the big picture, Scott came in on a four game losing streak....at the end of a season when normally teams get better.

• Plus1 2