What did we learn today

3 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

Yes. But we sucked in a different way today. A whole new way. 

Yes, is it a sign of progress that it took a team until over time to beat us? All the other teams accomplished it in regulation. Headed in the right direction. Maybe we lose in double overtime next week and then finally win against Bethune cookman 

Just now, Huskers93-97 said:

Yes, is it a sign of progress that it took a team until over time to beat us? All the other teams accomplished it in regulation. Headed in the right direction. Maybe we lose in double overtime next week and then finally win against Bethune cookman 

Slow down there eager beaver. Rome wasn’t built in a football season. 

37 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

I learned that losing can get into anyone's head, even great competitors like SF. There's no way he calls that game the same if they are 1-4 or 2-3 today. SF got in his own head with the lead and didn't call the game he needed to because he wanted to hold on to the win so bad. 

I also learned that real life doesn't care about story lines. I mean come on how cool would it have been if we ended our losing streak against the team that started it and went on to get bowl eligible.

I didn’t think about it till you just said it. And now I have the sad.

• Plus1 1

What's that smell coming from Lincoln (or is it Chicago)?  based on record, this is now officially the worst team in Husker history,,,  so sad..  and the worst part is, I don't believe this kids/coaches are bad.   getting tougher to watch this team find new ways to lose every week.  Who would every have thought 10 strait loses (dating back to last year)? 

12 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Well its been 20+ years so maybe. I dont care how much SF a$$ kissing you do, he is one of the many reasons we lost today with some of the decisions he made. And this isnt the first game he has made questionable decisions. 

There were some super crappy calls. The coaches and team made mistakes, and that cost us the game. I’m sure he knows this... what I’m not sure of is what you think should be done about it now. What’s your strategy from here? 

1 hour ago, krc1995 said:

Real defensive issues persist, and it’s not just scheme. But everyone knows this and it is what it is.  And if you the coach and you have a 7 point lead with-maybe 2:30 left to play- and you decide to get ultra conservative and don’t even try to get a first down- well then this loss is deserved and you need to own it and not blame the dc 

Coach Frost said it in his presser after the game: If Nebraska throws the ball and gets an incomplete pass, then the clock stops and NW doesn't have to use a timeout.  Then he's criticized for not running it.  Damned if does, damned if he doesn't.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Coach Frost said it in his presser after the game: If Nebraska throws the ball and gets an incomplete pass, then the clock stops and NW doesn't have to use a timeout.  Then he's criticized for not running it.  Damned if does, damned if he doesn't.

It's moreso the lack of creativity. Calling inside zone twice, then a sweep with Spielman? No ZR/Dart? The playcalling reeked of Bill Callahan-era turtling. 

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

It's moreso the lack of creativity. Calling inside zone twice, then a sweep with Spielman? No ZR/Dart? The playcalling reeked of Bill Callahan-era turtling. 

I agree I mean we picked good chunks on running plays all day and not many were inside zone.

8 minutes ago, ebohnart said:

There were some super crappy calls. The coaches and team made mistakes, and that cost us the game. I’m sure he knows this... what I’m not sure of is what you think should be done about it now. What’s your strategy from here? 

Im not on the coaching staff but if I was id play to win and not to not lose like we did in the 4th quarter. Maybe go under center on 4th and short instead of shotgun. Farmer has had issues in every game he has played at center with wild snaps. Do we even have a QB sneak play to get an inch? Maybe try and get a first down with the ball in our own territory to clinch the game instead of juat running three plays right up the middle. Maybe a swing pass to JD in space. Its a high percentage pass and has worked multiple times this season.