What did we learn today

17 minutes ago, lo country said:

No way he can like the product that is being offered up by the defense.

He said he doesn't call the defense and also said we need somebody to make a play.

We do need somebody to make a play.

15 yard roughing the passer does not count as making a play.

1 hour ago, dspanther05 said:

Havent we been hiring and firing everyone for a decade here. Isnt it time we just see what a little bit of continuity will do. Im actually not being sarcastic, I honestly dont know the answer.

I couldn’t agree more. It’s time to settle down and actually feel the lumps and the bumps. A winning culture is earned by taking some knocks and sticking it out. Kinda of like a marriage 

46 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Frost is also young as a head coach. I just hope he is not set on what worked for his one winning season as a head coach. I think he needs to invest as much passion and energy into creating a dominant defense as he has the offense. His time at UCF and Oregon involved stellar offenses that could score enough points to counterbalance weak defenses. As much as I like seeing the Huskers score points, I would prefer a stout defense that can win 17-3 vs a team that wins 45 to 40.I realize at this point any win is welcome, but I am talking more about where Frost needs to go after this lost season.

He’s older than Bo was. He’s really not that young compared to the field 

41 minutes ago, Hunter94 said:

i learned that i cannot stand one more Frost post game presser on Monday........i also learned that the refs are going to bury it in our a$$, so we need to play like we are always behind, because in reality, we are....our coaching and play calling is not near good enough to play in the Big.

Lol. Why are you still a fan then?

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

And Bo had none. Not really being argumentative but not having much HC experience should be an excuse 

I am not saying its an excuse...I am saying that we took a risk on a coach that had little head coaching experience and as of now that risk has backfired. In other words I dont believe we would be 0-6 with a more tenured staff in place that had a longer track record of success. There is no excuse for 0-6...we cannot blame Riley or any prior staff for this horrible start to the season.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I am not saying its an excuse...I am saying that we took a risk on a coach that had little head coaching experience and as of now that risk has backfired. In other words I dont believe we would be 0-6 with a more tenured staff in place that had a longer track record of success. 

I don’t buy the need to have brought in a more tenured staff. Frost had an excellent resume to be head coach, and the coaching staff just had an undefeated season. Things aren’t going like we expected, but this season has been screwed up since the opening game being rained out. Ever since then, it seems like everything has gone wrong for NU. It’s just a wonky season. 

• Plus1 1