What did we learn today

1 minute ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I am not saying its an excuse...I am saying that we took a risk on a coach that had little head coaching experience and as of now that risk has backfired. In other words I dont believe we would be 0-6 with a more tenured staff in place that had a longer track record of success. 

I know. I also think we underestimate  how tough Big Ten ball is. You really have to bring it every week. 

11 minutes ago, ArcticHusker said:

I learned that coach frost absolutely cannot trust his defense to protect a lead. That mentality needs to end, because this defense will buckle every time we need to lean on them.

Has he had a lead this year? It’s uncharted territory 

1 hour ago, Slow yer Roll said:

"Love's the only thing that ever saved my life".

-Sturgil Simpson

There's a huge unpaid karma bill that has be cleaned up before the football God's will let this team have an inch.

Big Red fanatics from all over the world have been insufferable asses for 40+ years.  And who cares what you say, we'll beat you by 30.

Now the gods are like an old man in waders with a surf rod dangling relevance in front of a bunch a spoiled brats.

To exorcise this smelly ol' demon, all husker honks, everywhere, are going to have to just let go.   Just let go, and love your team unconditionally.

Thensay this three times:

"It don't matter- we love youse guys- what can we do to help?"

Three times!!

And invite a Texan to Thanksgiving Dinner so the keepers of awesome know your serious.

That will rid us of any curse's and make it all ok again.

Bullcrap. We're great fans. We just turned Northwestern's stadium red for the 2nd time in 3years. It's not bratty to not want to be 0-6. I'm SICK of this 'Nebraska fans are so entitled' CRAP. No we're not. We show up, we're loud, and we give gazillions of dollars to the program. Let us be upset about the worst start in the illustrious history of Nebraska football. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

16 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

Bullcrap. We're great fans. We just turned Northwestern's stadium red for the 2nd time in 3years. It's not bratty to not want to be 0-6. I'm SICK of this 'Nebraska fans are so entitled' CRAP. No we're not. We show up, we're loud, and we give gazillions of dollars to the program. Let us be upset about the worst start in the illustrious history of Nebraska football. 

I agree...the stadium was rocking with Husker fans. Its ok for us to criticize the program and the staff. If we arent criticizing the program after its worse start ever, that is even more concerning to me as its a sign the big A word is starting to set in...Apathy.

• Plus1 2

OK time for some fast facts.

Fact:  Iowa St looks more like a Big 10 team than a Big 12 team.  They play a 3-4 defense as well.  This is Campbells 3rd season, and he is slowly building that program.  They resemble that more than we do.  They have a running back thats NFL caliber.  They have a receiver thats NFL caliber once again.  A young QB that looks really really good and keeps his composure.  

Opinion:  I believe in Frost and his staff for the most part.  I don't care for this spread system for Big 10 play.  WVU is showing why.  How in the world can we practice against either side of the ball?  We play against power teams mostly, and you can't tell me we can duplicate that in practice on either side of the ball.  I think after this season Frost will have to take a look at his system/style and change a few things up some.  Up tempo isn't going to work if you can't move the ball and score.  

None of this matters until we get a Big 10 caliber line on both sides of the ball.  We actually have enough skill players on offense, just can't block long enough to get the ball to them.  

27 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

Karma doesn't care, 

just let go .

Prostate yourself- thank her for having a team. 

You know there's starving Ethiopians that would give their left nut to have a team to love and cherish and pet the wrong way.

Karma' not giving an inch till the fans are broke of their entitled ways,  and grateful for a team to love unconditionally.

I love my team , what can I do to help?

4 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

Fact:  Iowa St looks more like a Big 10 team than a Big 12 team.  They play a 3-4 defense as well.  This is Campbells 3rd season, and he is slowly building that program.  They resemble that more than we do.  They have a running back thats NFL caliber.  They have a receiver thats NFL caliber once again.  A young QB that looks really really good and keeps his composure.  

Opinion:  I believe in Frost and his staff for the most part.  I don't care for this spread system for Big 10 play.  WVU is showing why.  How in the world can we practice against either side of the ball?  We play against power teams mostly, and you can't tell me we can duplicate that in practice on either side of the ball.  I think after this season Frost will have to take a look at his system/style and change a few things up some.  Up tempo isn't going to work if you can't move the ball and score.  

None of this matters until we get a Big 10 caliber line on both sides of the ball.  We actually have enough skill players on offense, just can't block long enough to get the ball to them.  

This is my biggest hope.  I'm not talking about a whole sale change, but add some power elements in the running game.  Counters, traps, more PA.  IMO, AM  would do better rolling out (maybe pocket presence will improve). Give him more RPO's.  Would like to see a lot more zone read.

On defense, try to match hat in hat. Especially on goal line defense.  Bring in "heavier" sets to counter a teams 22 personnel etc...

7 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

We dont play mostly power teams. Just looking at this years schedule proves that isnt true.

We learned that we are LIGHTYEARS away from Michigan and Ohio State. 

We also learned that that it might not only be the players that are at fault...the coaches have a lot of explaining to do.

i am seriously questioning the decision to start ANDREW MARTINEZ over Gebbia..Frost has put a lot on the shoulders of an 18 year old who did not play his senior year in high school. I am not blaming AM. He is doing very good considering the situation he was put in but may be starting Gebbia would have sent a different message to the players who left our team.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, huskerfan74 said:

We learned that we are LIGHTYEARS away from Michigan and Ohio State. 

We also learned that that it might not only be the players that are at fault...the coaches have a lot of explaining to do.

i am seriously questioning the decision to start ANDREW MARTINEZ over Gebbia..Frost has put a lot on the shoulders of an 18 year old who did not play his senior year in high school. I am not blaming AM. He is doing very good considering the situation he was put in but may be starting Gebbia would have sent a different message to the players who left our team.

If you just learned that today, you haven't been paying attention for awhile.

Martinez is the least of our problems.

• Plus1 2