What did we learn today

The good-Oz and JD played lights out.  Oz willed this team to win.  

The loss was hard today. A game with better coaching and less penalties and we win.  We had the game, but managed to find a way to lose.  With the risk of getting banned, a lot of this was on the staff.  You have to dance with the girl you brought.  If we do not have an elite NT or edge rusher, quit using the scheme that needs this to succeed. Their O was as one dimensional as one can be and we still let them march 99 yards to score.....Penalties don't help, but damn, how much longer can coaches continually allow guys to make repeated penalties that truly cost us wins and still play.

I miss Marvin Sanders A lot.  I miss DB's actually playing press coverage and not allowing the QB's to be allowed to throw quick pop passes or timing routes as the receiver is being beaten up on the LOS.  I liked it when we actually looked for the ball and made INT's......Opposing OC's now know to just throw it up.  You'll get a completion or PI.  

Our OL can't get one yard...Not reliably....

We have a long way to go.  I expect even more bumps as this staff and team continue to grow. I know Frost said his system works.  I believe it does, but I think it is more accurate to believe it as it relates to culture and accountability.  We will not win the B1G hoping that our O will simply outscore you and D is simply used to give the O a rest.....

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 2

1 minute ago, PaulCrewe said:

I learned Sometimes if something is working great, you should go away from it just because

That reminds me of what Beck used to do.  Thinking they will adjust to stop us, so I will change so their adjustments to stop us won't work.   Or to coin  phrase he often used "Sometimes I try and get to cute"...

Make them stop us.  Don't stop ourselves.  It's a dirty word, so I'll say it quietly.  coaching.......

• Plus1 3

3 minutes ago, lo country said:

That reminds me of what Beck used to do.  Thinking they will adjust to stop us, so I will change so their adjustments to stop us won't work.   Or to coin  phrase he often used "Sometimes I try and get to cute"...

Make them stop us.  Don't stop ourselves.  It's a dirty word, so I'll say it quietly.  coaching.......

Should we change coaches?

7 minutes ago, lo country said:

The good-Oz and JD played lights out.  Oz willed this team to win.  

The loss was hard today. A game with better coaching and less penalties and we win.  We had the game, but managed to find a way to lose.  With the risk of getting banned, a lot of this was on the staff.  You have to dance with the girl you brought.  If we do not have an elite NT or edge rusher, quit using the scheme that needs this to succeed. Their O was as one dimensional as one can be and we still let them march 99 yards to score.....Penalties don't help, but damn, how much longer can coaches continually allow guys to make repeated penalties that truly cost us wins and still play.

I miss Marvin Sanders A lot.  I miss DB's actually playing press coverage and not allowing the QB's to be allowed to throw quick pop passes or timing routes as the receiver is being beaten up on the LOS.  I liked it when we actually looked for the ball and made INT's......Opposing OC's now know to just throw it up.  You'll get a completion or PI.  

Our OL can't get one yard...Not reliably....

We have a long way to go.  I expect even more bumps as this staff and team continue to grow. I know Frost said his system works.  I believe it does, but I think it is more accurate to believe it as it relates to culture and accountability.  We will not win the B1G hoping that our O will simply outscore you and D is simply used to give the O a rest.....

Solid post. I likewise miss watching defenders in the secondary who know what they’re doing. Putting hands on a receiver when you’re not looking back for the ball is a great way to get flagged. Running right through him before the ball gets there makes it guaranteed. We give up way too many big plays and/or penalties because our guys aren’t playing the ball.

2 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Should we change coaches?

A negative comment against a coach is not asking to change them.  I'm not going to blindly give this staff a pass because the prodigal son has returned home.  I have said repeatedly Frost gets time. This is Chin's 3rd year a DC in a completely different league.  he gets time to learn.  But just as people are so quick to call out under performing players  and blame it on this or that, why are coaches immune? We are 0-6.  First time ever in 126 seasons.  These same "horrible" players were 4-8 this year and many 0-6 this year....The staff doesn't have any responsability in this.  We wanted to run Mr. $450 out of town, but ST coach gets a pass?  

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1