What did we learn today

17 minutes ago, lo country said:

The season will take an upward trajectory if Dre and LJax continue to play at this level.  Hoping Chins changes in man coverage will show some immediate improvement as well.  

Definitely.  That's what really sucks about the Northwestern game.  They torched us in the passing game even though Jackson played really well and Bootle was solid.

Stopped the run.  Corners played pretty well.  Still give up 400 passing yards.  Dang.

24 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Definitely.  That's what really sucks about the Northwestern game.  They torched us in the passing game even though Jackson played really well and Bootle was solid.

Stopped the run.  Corners played pretty well.  Still give up 400 passing yards.  Dang.

That's what's so crazy.  In all honesty, a great game by LJax.  And we still got torched through the air.  

3 comments I saw earlier tonight:

PJ Fleck said not sleeping on NU at all.  Could easily be sitting at 5-1 or 4-2......Rewinding the games in my head. He's pretty accurate.

NU has at least 480 yards of offense in each of the last 3 games.  The last time was 2007.  Ouch!

Per Rosenthal, only 2 QB's are averaging at least 225 passing yards and 50 rushing yrds per game.  Kyler Murray of OU is one.  The other?  Our own AMartinez!  Again, ouch!

If the defense were to just be average.........With THIS CURRENT offense, we would be hard to beat....Imagine another year in recruiting and scheme.

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, lo country said:

That's what's so crazy.  In all honesty, a great game by LJax.  And we still got torched through the air.  

3 comments I saw earlier tonight:

PJ Fleck said not sleeping on NU at all.  Could easily be sitting at 5-1 or 4-2......Rewinding the games in my head. He's pretty accurate.

NU has at least 480 yards of offense in each of the last 3 games.  The last time was 2007.  Ouch!

Per Rosenthal, only 2 QB's are averaging at least 225 passing yards and 50 rushing yrds per game.  Kyler Murray of OU is one.  The other?  Our own AMartinez!  Again, ouch!

If the defense were to just be average.........With THIS CURRENT offense, we would be hard to beat....Imagine another year in recruiting and scheme.

Can you imagine even 4-2 right now? The hype would be off the charts.

3 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Can you imagine even 4-2 right now? The hype would be off the charts.

No doubt. I complain about scheme (tweaks/better play calling), but looking at everything to date, we are sooooo close.  Not saying winning the west or the conference, but very close to getting things turned around.  I still think 3-5 years to be at the level we want to be. (IMHO competing for the West on a regular basis/playing for the B1G)

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Those saying 'if only the defense were better with this offense' must be forgetting the first half against Wisconsin and really most of the season. Our offense needs to be better early and stay consistent. Sometimes they hurt us when the defense is actually doing enough

They rarely play well at the same time. 

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

Those saying 'if only the defense were better with this offense' must be forgetting the first half against Wisconsin and really most of the season. Our offense needs to be better early and stay consistent. Sometimes they hurt us when the defense is actually doing enough

Really not most of the season.  Really just the Michigan game.

Other than that game, we are nearly a Top 10 offense in the country.

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Really not most of the season.  Really just the Michigan game.

Other than that game, we are nearly a Top 10 offense in the country.

Both Colorado and Wisconsin games our offense has let our defense down a bit in various ways imo. Don't get me wrong, offense has been great but they sputter at bad times. Just my opinion

@Moiraine really nailed it down.