What did we learn today

3 hours ago, Dagerow said:

SE placed a curse on us.  (He, is of course, evil).  We need someone to figure out how to get rid of it, and then we will be ok.

"Love's the only thing that ever saved my life".

-Sturgil Simpson

There's a huge unpaid karma bill that has be cleaned up before the football God's will let this team have an inch.

Big Red fanatics from all over the world have been insufferable asses for 40+ years.  And who cares what you say, we'll beat you by 30.

Now the gods are like an old man in waders with a surf rod dangling relevance in front of a bunch a spoiled brats.

To exorcise this smelly ol' demon, all husker honks, everywhere, are going to have to just let go.   Just let go, and love your team unconditionally.

Thensay this three times:

"It don't matter- we love youse guys- what can we do to help?"

Three times!!

And invite a Texan to Thanksgiving Dinner so the keepers of awesome know your serious.

That will rid us of any curse's and make it all ok again.

1 minute ago, irafreak said:

I learned that Northwestern deserved to lose this game. With unnecessary onside kicks and dropped passes...

Unfortunately I learned that Nebraska deserved to lose this game even more.

Man...for sure. When they onside kicked I was like, "WTF is actually happening."

1. First and foremost we have the best Gameday fans around. My son and I were in the stadium at 9:45 and 90% of the fans there early were Husker fans, and I would say 50 to 55% of the stadium was wearing red.

2. Play calling on offense and defense was questionable yet again. On offense we punted on 4th and 2 inches at midfield and abandoned Ozigbo at times we could have been running the clock. On defense we did not blitz enough and when we did it was a delayed blitz which is pointless.

3. Our new punter looked great, but special teams still has some issues.

4. Martinez had some good moments but had too many freshman mistakes today.

5. Personnel is not the only issue with our defense. 

6. Officiating did not go our way and in a close game that is not good. I saw 8 or 9 easy holding calls on NW and not one was called.

7. After feeling more optimistic after the Wisconsin loss, this team seemed to take a step back today against a NW team that recently lost to Akron.  

8. Many on this team lack mental toughness and a good football IQ. The team simply folded and played not to lose.

Fear of Success Phobia – Achievemephobia

Published by Jacob Olesen

Fear is a powerful emotion and if you are experiencing the extreme fear of success, then there is probably nothing holding you back more in life. While the fear of success phobia (Achievemephobia) may seem weird to many; it is actually a very real social phobia. It can make things difficult for the phobic: from getting hired, messing up one’s relationships to making him/her a prisoner in this situation.

The fear of success phobia is very much like the fear of failure: both prevent the sufferer from dreaming and achieving his goals. It might seem weird to fear success; after all what can be more appealing in life than it? However, a little bit of digging in the phobic’s mind shows that fearing success is natural to him, simply because he is not looking for any change. He is so comfortable in his current situation that he wants to continue to live the life despite hating it. Often, the individual might be afraid of success owing to the fear of inability to handle fame or wealth it brings.

https://www.fearof.net/fear-of-success-phobia-achievemephobia/

Lots of blame to go around so let's begin:  

1.)  Referees - Refereed like it was Northwestern's homecoming... oh wait!  

2.)  Defense (or shall we call it what it really is, the opponents offenses little helpers) - blown coverages, penalties (some on us, others on the referees), missed tackles, you name it, they did it all.  

3.)  Coaching - Frost went into protect the lead mode with ten minutes left when he should have kept the pedal to the metal and not trusted that defense.  I hope he learned that after this game and never does that again the rest of the season.  

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, dspanther05 said:

Havent we been hiring and firing everyone for a decade here. Isnt it time we just see what a little bit of continuity will do. Im actually not being sarcastic, I honestly dont know the answer.

Agreed.

The thing is that Chinander is fairly young in the coaching game. He has a shot at being a good defensive coordinator; we don't know what's going to happen.

The real benchmark is being adaptable and making changes when necessary. I'm not going to go anywhere close to the ballpark of saying, "Maybe Chinander will need to get canned." Way, way too early for any of that. But it's not too early for criticism. And my criticism of the guy is that he really hasn't moved any of these guys forward, and that's unfortunate. If your personnel can't execute the way you're scheming it up, you need to tweak the scheme, tweak the game plan...do something different. We sat back too conservatively when we were up 10 and that is what lost this game.

So painful to watch.

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, Undone said:

Agreed.

The thing is that Chinander is fairly young in the coaching game. He has a shot at being a good defensive coordinator; we don't know what's going to happen.

The real benchmark is being adaptable and making changes when necessary. I'm not going to go anywhere close to the ballpark of saying, "Maybe Chinander will need to get canned." Way, way too early for any of that. But it's not too early for criticism. And my criticism of the guy is that he really hasn't moved any of these guys forward, and that's unfortunate. If your personnel can't execute the way you're scheming it up, you need to tweak the scheme, tweak the game plan...do something different. We sat back too conservatively when we were up 10 and that is what lost this game.

So painful to watch.

Frost is also young as a head coach. I just hope he is not set on what worked for his one winning season as a head coach. I think he needs to invest as much passion and energy into creating a dominant defense as he has the offense. His time at UCF and Oregon involved stellar offenses that could score enough points to counterbalance weak defenses. As much as I like seeing the Huskers score points, I would prefer a stout defense that can win 17-3 vs a team that wins 45 to 40.I realize at this point any win is welcome, but I am talking more about where Frost needs to go after this lost season.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Undone said:

Frost has specifically said that he does not coach the defense.

This concerns me.  As the HC, you are ultimately responsible for all facets of the game.........He continues to have that attitude, I imagine we will have a lot more threads like this.  No way he can like the product that is being offered up by the defense.

• Plus1 1
Just now, Undone said:

Frost has specifically said that he does not coach the defense.

Yes I heard that but disagree with that comment. I have about 100 people reporting up through me at work, and I trust my personnel and do not micromanage until they give me a reason not to trust them. With the persistent pattern on defense, its time for Frost to step in and become more engaged.