Defensive Issues - Who's more at fault?

Who's 'more' at fault for the persistent poor performances?  

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If previous coaches were responsible for the product they put on the field, these coaches are as well.

When Chin was hired I wondered, aloud, how long it would be until Frost is pressured to fire his buddy.  At this rate it's going to be sooner than I expected.  

If Chinander would have just been totally mediocre, he would have been a big improvement over Diaco.  He's roughly as bad as Diaco thus far.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

Just now, The Dude said:

If previous coaches were responsible for the product they put on the field, these coaches are as well.

When Chin was hired I wondered, aloud, how long it would be until Frost is pressured to fire his buddy.  At this rate it's going to be sooner than I expected.  

If Chinander would have just been totally mediocre, he would have been a big improvement over Diaco.  He's roughly as bad as Diaco.

This scheme looks eerily similar to Diaco's way too often. No pass rush, soft coverage with a 7-10 yard cushion and guys running free across the middle. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
20 minutes ago, DrunkOffPunch said:

We play man and get beat. We play zone we get beat. 

For me it’s on personnel. They had to convert 2 4th downs on their field goal drive and then 99 yards with no timeouts and a little over 2 minutes left on their TD. I think by the end of the season Cam Taylor is starting.

But didn't they get away with grounding twice in order to get the field goal? Am I mistaken ….can you really spike the ball when you're in the grasp?

30 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

The NLB DBs are a laugh riot the way they never turn around and always have their hands on the receiver whenever a call is needed.

Never fails.  Watch teams that play coverage this way...they typically lose games in both college and pro.  Very few DB's have the talent to play this style well so the coaching of this garbage man coverage concept has to go.  With the way reffing is going to favor the offense these days, why coach this?    

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hayseed said:

But didn't they get away with grounding twice in order to get the field goal? Am I mistaken ….can you really spike the ball when you're in the grasp?

There was a RB right there on both plays. So that's your intended receiver (despite the fact that he was blocking) and thus no penalty. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, DrunkOffPunch said:

There was an eligible receiver in the area both times. It was the right call.

2 minutes ago, Husker Richard said:

There was a RB right there on both plays. So that's your intended receiver (despite the fact that he was blocking) and thus no penalty. 

OK... so that's what we need to do. Good coaching. We'll just throw it at the RB's feet whenever we're about to get sacked.

• Plus1 1

14 minutes ago, Husker Richard said:

This scheme looks eerily similar to Diaco's way too often. No pass rush, soft coverage with a 7-10 yard cushion and guys running free across the middle. 

I agree...Chins defense is producing the same or worse results as Diaco.  Chin was the one UCF stagf member I was hoping Frost would not retain. 

• Plus1 1
34 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

The first one was clearly grounding, that back was blocking on the play.  But that's why they have them stay back, like that, exact situation.