Face facts. This is the worst Husker team in history.

6 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

He hasn't distanced himself from the team. 

Chinander SHOULD be thrown under the bus. That was literally the worst defensive meltdown I've ever seen, not just from the Huskers, but ANY game. How do you not bracket Nagle with 2 defenders? How do you not teach your corners to turn their effing heads around to look for the ball? They should literally spend all practice doing that, because every team we have played has taken advantage of our poor technique. 

At the time, getting Vedral didn't look like it was going to happen. Not anyone's fault. 

There was nothing wrong with what Frost did after Pickering missed the pat. You're splitting hairs there. 

He should have said in his press conference that this loss was also on the coaching. 

You throw your defensive coordinator under the bus, what message does that send to the players? Should the players listen to the d coordinator?

AFTER the Colorado game. That's a proven fact.

Not a good look. 

I had the conversation with my 3rd grade son today that how good a team isn't necessarily decided by the record.  He assumed since Wisconsin's only loss was to BYU that BYU must be unbeaten and one of the best teams in college football.

I really don't feel like doing it again....

Edit:  I"m not claiming the Huskers are "great", but I also don't think they are the least talented team in the last 129 years.....

1 minute ago, funhusker said:

I had the conversation with my 3rd grade son today that how good a team isn't necessarily decided by the record.  He assumed since Wisconsin's only loss was to BYU that BYU must be unbeaten and one of the best teams in college football.

I really don't feel like doing it again....

He look at you clueless and go play Fortnight?

5 minutes ago, PhillyHusker said:

Thanks for getting into detail.

Why did it take Noah Vedral until yesterday to be cleared? Well, they got turned down in early August, and didn't try again until AFTER the Colorado game. Sorry for bringing facts into the equation, but that tells me two things:

1)They were ignorant in TG being a flight risk

2)Nebarska deserved an earlier ruling, but why wait until AFTER the Colorado game?!?!

Also, the HEAD COACH is not a coordinator. They are responsible for every aspect of the game. The kicking game is of the utmost importance. I take his "I stay away from kickers" as a lack of interest in kickers. Caleb L. himself probably cost Big Red one game. Pickering was a scholly kicker and his flakiness has cost Nebraska at least two games.  I agree on psychology of the kickers, but the head coach shouldn't treat kickers as mercenaries and embarrass the kid on TV.  If kicking is psychology, what does NOT kicking it in OT send and what does your coach doing a face rub on national TV after a missed PAT send???? 

I thought SF was all about love and trust?!?!?

That being said, I"m his biggest friend. He just needs to grow into the role. And he needs a win bad. 

Are you familiar with the NCAA?  They're not exactly known for moving at a quick pace and a lot of their decisions are well....let's call them curious.

• Plus1 1

11 minutes ago, Thurston from Pender said:

Undone:

i love the PoPo’s! 

If the Tribe tries to tax the burgers at PoPo’s, there will be a shooting war. 

This is a great post, but nobody will get it.

I'm from Lincoln and my best friends' granparents were from Pender. Used to go up there pheasant hunting back when the CRP program was in full swing...amazing memories. Anyway...sorry to derail the thread all.   :) 

1 hour ago, PhillyHusker said:

Couple of things. 

-Scott Frost should stop distancing himself from this team. He should have taken some responsibility for the loss. He also threw his d coordinator under the bus

-Scott Frost and Co. came to Nebraska with hubris and arrogance. Frost still acts detached from this team, but asks for their trust. See the disconnect.

-Why did it take until AFTER the Colorado game for Nebraska to ask for a waiver for Noah Vedral. I thought Bill Moos was this great administrator

-Stop blaming the refs. The refs ain't the reason we are 0-6.

- Noah Vedral should redshirt this year, but I'd like to see him get some playing time this year.

-I don't get why Wyatt Mazour doesn't get any carries. Like none.

-These seniors have been through so many coaching changes. They've deserved better. 

-I'm glad the Huskers benched Caleb L., but what does Pickering have to do to lose his job? Does he have compromising photos of Frost?!?!

-Frost doing the theatrics and doing the face rub after Pickering missed the PAT may have resonated with Joe SixPack, but it's embarrassing for a coach to hang a player out to dry. I get it, but his demeanor was one of a fan, not of a coach.

-Frost almost bragged in press conferences about how much he didn't like kickers, nor he didn't pay attention them. The kicking game has cost Nebraska at least two games this year.

-Overall, I thought the team looked better and improved.

-Noah Vedral was a like a 2nd QB coach. He knows the offense and was supportive of AM. He's a team player. 

-It's no secret but the natives of Nebraska overachieve and play harder.   

Not going to eat Frost alive over 4th down calls. No balls, no babies. But I don't know why the QB sneak isn't deployed more.

Keep the faith. GBR.

Umm... a couple is two. I stopped reading after that. Sounds like that was the right call.

Thanks for the heads up!!

For all its problems, this team is nowhere near as bad as its record. Wisconsin was tough, but the only game that was totally out of reach was Michigan. This team is 0-6 when it could easily be more like 5-2. Now if they could just stop finding ways to lose the games they should be winning.

Really, in a way it reminds me of Riley's first year: those players were nowhere near as bad as their record. The difference this year is that I still feel like we're heading in the right direction, whereas I never really felt that way when Riley was here.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Toe said:

For all its problems, this team is nowhere near as bad as its record. Wisconsin was tough, but the only game that was totally out of reach was Michigan. This team is 0-6 when it could easily be more like 5-2. Now if they could just stop finding ways to lose the games they should be winning...

I don't think we are as bad as our record but 5-2 is pure kool-aid.  We should have won today, we should have won at least one other game and that's it.  It's not like other teams don't say "we were one play away from winning" when they lose.  Everyone thinks their better than their record and while we are better than our record it still is like a 2-4 team with a ton to fix.